“Gem of South Beach The Park Central Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
15% OFF + FREE Upgrade
Ranked #74 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
new jersey
“Gem of South Beach The Park Central Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotel is unique in every aspect of the "Historical" hotels on South Beach. Eventho they are under New Ownership, so far they have maintained the high standard that we've come to love. We have come to know JC the Concierge and Lian as the faces of The Park Central Hotel. The rest of the staff as well live up to every visit to this hotel. The hotel is located in the quiet end of Ocean Drive. The only change I have seen so far is the parking option. All valet right now compared to self parking at the public gargage with pass key for half the cost. If you want a taste of "Old South Beach" in this is the hotel. Check out Quinn's and the The Park Central Cafe for great food.

Room Tip: Make sure you talk to JC Jimenez for all of the restaurants,spas and tours.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
PCHotelManager, Operations Manager at The Park Central, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review The Park Central Hotel. JC, Lian and the rest of the staff will be certainly recognized for their nonstop passion to serve our returning guests. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to serving you again!

1,296 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Bloomfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had a great experience at this hotel. The staff was very welcoming and polite. Especially J.C Jimenez the concierge and the house keeper Carida. Both were so friendly. I loved the cafeteria, they have the best coffee. I consider their coffee to be one of the best. I love that the beach is right across from the hotel. Everything you need is in walking distance, from restaurants to shopping stores. I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review The Park Central Hotel. Our team members JC and Caridad will be acknowledged for their amazing service. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

First off the location is PERFECT. We walked across Ocean drive to the beach several times a day. The front desk guy (Rudy??) was AMAZING, professional and took care of anything I needed. My son had a great time, dinner in the resturant was also amazing. The entire staff went above and beyond my expectations.
Yes the hotel is in the Art Deco section and the decor and experience were in time so if your used to the Hilton or Holiday in you will be "camping" by comparison but TOTALLY worth it!!
The only down side was the AC, the lack of any cool air and they are LOUD. I didn't think the nightlife downstairs was bad at all but the AC was just as other reviews had stated it.
I would definetly go back due to the outstanding service but I would never go back in AUG. That was definetly humid (coming from Cali its a shock) But the hotel was beautiful and again the staff...just perfect. Thank you!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
PCHotelManager, Operations Manager at The Park Central, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Park Central Hotel Miami Beach. Rudy will certainly be recognized for his amazing service. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to serving you again very soon.
Atlantic City, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed here end of July with my boyfriend. It was his first time in Miami so I wanted him to have the experience of staying on Ocean Drive in the middle of everything. Upon arrival early at 11:30am we were able to check in which I was very happy about. Staff was very friendly & helpful. One guy (forgot his name) gave us some suggestions on dining & nightlife. Hotel room was just ok, pretty dated but it was clean. Small art deco style bathroom which is typical in SOBE. There is only 1 elevator & it's tiny so I expected to have to wait a long time to get upstairs but we were fine. Actually took the stairs mostly since we were 1 level up from the lobby. Pretty small pool area but nice. Pool itself is only a bit over 5` deep but good to wade around in. You get FREE beach chairs from 9-5 every day which is a really good perk. Great location. Overall we had a good experience here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was my first visit to Miami and was not that impressed with the city skyline...Chicago's is amazing. The only reason I want to immediately return next year to South Beach is The Park
Central hotel. The staff OMG! so nice, friendly and made one feel so at home. The room was
just great! My first time being around so much Art Deco. Just spectacular. The Beach is across
the street and chairs are reserved for The Park Central guests. At night the hotel pops with
classy style and patrons. It's right in the middle of everything so it can get noisy. If you're looking for cheap Reality TV South Beach....The Park Central is the complete opposite... So cool its hot!! I dressed for dinner every night and was not out of place. Looking forward to a return visit. 14 of us women spent a great time together at The Park Central and can't wait to come back!
Diva23

Room Tip: Ocean view is spectacular.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking a moment to review the Park Central Hotel Miami Beach. I am delighted to know that all 14 of you had such an amazing time with us. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again!
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was my first visit to Miami to celebrate my 30th birthday. Miami is awesome the art deco district, the flashy cars, beautiful south beach, the night life, shopping and people watching - I've never experienced anything like it!

The location was fab on Ocean Drive right in front of south beach! Our room was on the side overlooking the pool, you call still see the beach but it wasn't a beach view room. We weren't that bothered as we hardly spent much time in our room. Also, I think if you have a room overlooking Ocean Drive it would be too noisy with the crazy night life and flashy cars driving up and down the strip.

The room was big but dated, so was the bathroom it could do with a revamp. The main thing is it was clean and the maids cleaned our room every day. The air con is noisy. The view from the rooftop is impressive check it out during the day and night.

I loved the location and the convenience, everything was on our door step - shops, bars, clubs, the beach, we only had to get a taxi a couple of times to Fontainebleau bleau where we went to Liv nightclub, bleau bar and Hakassan for a lovely meal. Make sure you take a trip there it's lush and where the celebs hang out, we bumped into Hulk Hogan while we were there! Apparently Usher was there on his private yatch but we didn't see him.

We had free continental breakfast included in our stay and the selection was great a croissant/bagel/toast/English muffin with a bowl of fruit, orange juice and tea or coffee! There's plenty of places to eat and drink on Ocean Drive and the size of the cocktails are awesome!

The food in Cafe Milano is great, the Clevelander rooftop bar is lovely with good music and the Mansion nightclub had fab music. The drinks in the bars are cheap but extortionate in the clubs a vodka and lemonade cost me £12 in Liv & Mansion!

Overall Miami is awesome and I enjoyed my stay at Park Central. If you're not too fussed about the decor and you want a hotel with friendly staff and in a great location then stay here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were there in May 2013 and loved the Park Central!
It's right in the Heart of the world famous Ocean Drive and looks so beautiful and nostalgic. At Night it shines blue and looks even more impressive!
The room we had was small but very clean. When you stay in South Beach, you don't spend too much time in your hotel room anyways :-)
The Pool is not that big but very clean and perfect to take a quick dip in.

The Highlight is the terrace on the roof with a spectacular view over the ocean! The continental breakfast includes either a bagel or a danish plus a fresh fruit salad and juice / coffee.

Overall it's a beautiful hotel and to me it's the best one in South Beach!

Room Tip: Our Room was quiet with a view over the pool area. I can recommend it!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Park Central? Share your experiences!