“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Summer Specials
Ranked #68 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I've never been as close to the beach as I was here at Park Central. From the second we walked in, JC was friendly, helpful, and enthusiastic about our stay in Miami. The atmosphere and location of this hotel makes it a great stay for anyone. I'd recommend this hotel to everyone that wants a get away and a great service.

• Stayed January 2013

1,279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

What a great location! Perfect spot with lots to do nearby, like great restaurants, jogging paths, and people-watching. Stayed in November and it was hot and perfect for Miami Beach. The style of the place is great, really sends you back in time. The concierge lady was wonderful and the whole staff (including overnight reception and security) were extremely helpful. The pool area very nice and well-maintained. Didn't dine at the hotel, but the facilities looked very nice. Overall, wonderful stay in an historic property.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Where so I start first. I was beyond disappointed with the hotel decor and tiny bathrooms. This us not my first or second time in Miami beach but my fourth time! I have never experienced the worsted dinner for New Year's Eve that cost unbelievable expensive and I wouldn't mind paying for a show that we were told Brazilian amazing entertainment that they going to have a four course dinner, champane for $225 per person tax and tip not included. The Brazilian show supposed to start at 7pm it didn't start until after 9pm and the dancers were horrible dinner was not great it wasn't tasty as I thought it would be as I hear from there employee of hotel that it will be a amazing dinner & entertainment none was great! Hold on one more thing the service was horrible I order a steak it was under cooked I returned it for more cooking I asked for my steak to be medium well was extremely medium then my fiancé had his meal and finished it as well 45 minutes later I got my steak and I had to eat by myself on New Year's Eve! I suggest you save your money if you ever going to spend any money in this place. I told the manager and she says she would do something for me by her talking to the owner and would callee back the same day" guess what no call!". Bad customer service and yet I haven't received a call as she promised but she knew how to be unprofessional on the phone while I told her how our New Years was she even argued with me about it! I have been from Europe and carribeans locations and have never experience the worst service and its not the employees it's the horrible management that did no training also do not have breakfast here either you will wait 45 mins for scramble egg whits and come out wrong. SAVE A HEADACHE & YOUR MONEY! Trust me I ate in million different places and don't mine paying but for what u get promised!

• Stayed January 2013
Big Rock, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Nice place! This is a fine example of the Historical Art Deco South Beach hotel. Service is without a doubt superb. Of course the price is crazy on New Years eve but certainly not the craziest thing you will experience on this South Beach evening. Prices returned to a normal level the next day. The art deco theme is maintained nicely throughout. Room was very clean. Minor dings here and there but its historical! The service is what one would expect from a fine hotel. No one bothers you BUT the moment you need assistance, someone appears and helps out. (Sutton Place in Vancouver and Chicago have this down also.) Again, the location is superb. On Ocean Drive, across street from the finest beach and the premier people watching location in North America.Will stay again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Wimbledon, London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The hotel exceeded expectations. The in-house Quinns restaurant was excellent and the cafe bar for breakfast perfectly acceptable. Free beach towels and beach sun loungers an unexpected bonus. If we were really quibbling, and being British, it would have been nice to have tea making facilities in the room, and the conciege was a bit "Fawlty Towers", but on the whole, we were really pleased

Room Tip: Sign up to the Miami Gold card members info - worthwhile discount / upgraded
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful. The Quinn Restaurant was awesome. Our bartender Claire was super sweet and a great bartender. The rooms were nice but could use some updating. We enjoyed our ocean view room.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms faced the street. New Year's Eve was rowdy. If you're a light sleeper ask...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Arizona, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is a historic art deco property, built about 100 years ago. If you are looking for an uber luxurious property with chocolates on your pillow this is not the place. However, this is a decent hotel with a good location between 5th and 7th street right on ocean drive. The bathrooms were not built to today's marble and countertop standards, there is a pedestal sink and shelving for your toiletries. It is a little small. However, the room is clean, the charming crank out windows provided a nice view of the pool (which has color changing neon lights in the water at night) and the ocean across the street.

I saw the review about the musak, and yes there was music piped in over the pool deck and bar area and yes, on the second floor we could hear it with the window open. However the music stopped about 11 pm and we closed the window and it didn't bother us before 11.

The prior occupant seems to have left the water in the tub directed to the showerhead, so when we arrived the dripping into the tub splashed onto the tub mat and it was partly wet when we arrived. No big deal, just changed the faucet to tub rather than shower and moved the mat to hand into the tub, never happened again.

My son walked all over the room in his white socks and they remained white, this is unusual in a hotel, the carpets were clean. The old time movie show on the roof on Thursday with the free popcorn and soda was charming and cute. The staff ran to help us up the steps when we got out of the taxi, they couldn't help us enough. The maintenance man that recommended Pizza Rustica for pizza was spot on, we ordered in one night and it was awesome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the ocean, it's beautiful. Also avoid the sidewalk restaurants ad...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Park Central? Share your experiences!