“Hotel Ocean 2 nite stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Ocean
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1230 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #118 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Key Biscayne, Florida
“Hotel Ocean 2 nite stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

It is an older hotel, but we had a nice room with balcony overlooking the ocean. I know the restaurant is separate from the hotel, but we did enjoy the good food and drinks while people watching. Would stay again.

Room Tip: top floor, northeast corner
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Malbork, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

pluses:
the hotel is located in the heart of the art. deco district, ocean front.
we booked a renovated room and it was great, with a big, comfortable bed and bathroom.
breakfasts were satisfying
you can rent hotel bikes for free and it is a great way to go sightseeing
minuses:
you must be aware that the location is connected with very loud music which stops at 1. p.m. so it is impossible to sleep even with the ear plugs
we stayed there for 6 nights and the floor in the room was not cleaned EVEN ONCE!

Room Tip: you must take a renovated room
Oakwood, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Hotel Ocean is the place to be! I booked the hotel through Groupon for 2 nights. Upon arrival, I was able to check in early and there was absolutely no hassle at all! The lady that was working there that afternoon was very nice. Yes, there is a resort fee and a parking fee but if you do your research there are some parking garages nearby that cost less than the price you would pay for valet. I would like to thank the woman at front desk with very very curly hair. When I had asked her for more bath mats, towels, etc., she was very sweet, patient, and warm and I appreciate that so much.

When I arrived in my room, I was blown away with how clean and spacious it was! The bathroom was amazing because we had a shower that could possibly fit 5 people in there. I have never laid on a King bed and lets just say it was magical. Yes, there were a couple of stains I found but that doesn't bother me at all. What do you expect with an all white blanket, pillow, and sheet?

Issue: I had one issue with housekeeping. I never knew what time they were going to come because there were times I had to go to front desk to get some towels but I didn't mind that at all.

I wouldn't suggest this hotel for people who are going to be heading to bed around 10-12. They have music playing every night and it can get pretty loud. But I went back to my hotel at 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning and they were long gone. If you are on the second or third floor, I believe it is the loudest because I was in the upper floors and I hardly heard anything.

The hotel is amazing. I made an account with TripAdvisor just to review this hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone! Thank you Hotel Ocean for an amazing weekend in Miami!

Room Tip: Tip: I wouldn't recommend eating at the restaurant.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Palm Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Yalima was very kind and helpful at the front desk. The only negative thing I can say is the cost to park your car is too high, but it is not the hotel, its a valet company. Add $38 to park your car. Free bikes to ride, chairs for the beach and snacks in the lobby, dont drink the coffee, its probably stale.

• Stayed July 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The hotel is right in the middle of the south beach strip. I booked through Groupon, please note there is additional charges of $15 per night stay and the valet parking is $35. The room was spacious. I would stay in this hotel again.

Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I would like to say after reading the negative reviews I was really nervous about my stay until I got there. Let me tell you something I loved everything about my stay. So much that I had to write this review. Valet was good upon arrival, Once inside the hotel Front Desk was a lil busy but well expected.Once Mercedes at the front desk caught her breath. She was very attentive and explain everything to us in a professional manner.I booked the wrong room and she was willing to put me in a balcony room the next day if the hotel was no longer booked up. Once checked in and we went to our room and we just loved it. We had the Junior Suite and it was a home away from home. I stayed in room 305 overlooking the courtyard. Now I was concern about the noise but once the bad started playing. I enjoyed the music. They were not that loud and they didn't even played continously all night Friday night. Saturday pretty much was the same pretaing to the music. Now if you don't want to hear to much noise keep your window close but I was able to fall asleep write through it. I read one review where they said the restaraunt downstairs try to persuade you to eat at their restaraunt. Thats a lie. They didn't bother us not one time. The breakfast was not a hot breakfast but they provided breakfast. It didn't bother me because I ate out. Valet parking was $35 plus tax a day but what do you expect to pay in Miami Beach. This is not the place to penny budget. This is a city where you do it big. Pay prices you would never normally pay. Thats exatcly what we did. We payed an additional $17 dollars a day for extra ammenties that they provided which I had no problem with. Sad part I didn't use anything I payed for. (lol) We was charge an additional refundable deposit of #20 dollars a day just in case you smoked inside the room.

CONS: My jets did not work in the tub but the shower made it up for it. Secluded and the water was good and hot just the way I like it
Oan the safe needs to be fix. Nothing major because I din't have any valuables to put in there anyway but on the business side it needs to be fix so that vistors who would like to use won
't have a problem

Other than that I love Miami and I would like to tahnk The Ocean Hotel for a wonderful stay and everlasting memories.

Shout out to Mercedes @ Front Desk you work well with the public.

Now for the BAD REVIEWER READERS. Don't believe everything you read because I almost missed out on a nice hotel. Not to much I got a great deal through Groupons for a lil over $100 a night. A great deal!! Just know I would be honored to stay at this location or any sister hotel they share. Thanks for making my early birthday gift memories I will never forget. STAYED July 11-13 2014 RM.305

Room Tip: before arrival call and ask for a room with less noise or wuteva your requirements are to make your...
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Booked this through Groupon. I got the queen bed room in error. Was upgraded to junior suite with no questions asked. Yulima at the front desk was WONDERFUL. She was extremely nice and helped in many ways. The room was big, clean and nice. The bed was very comfortable. The music played until 12am but I didn't expect less since it is Ocean Drive on South Beach. It was a great atmosphere. It is DIRECTLY across the street from the beach. It was DIRECTLY in the middle of everything. The parking sucks but thats ALL of Miami Beach. We actually got to see Kevin Hart and Ice Cube up close and personal as they filmed "Ride Along 2". It was awesome. I will be back!

Room Tip: Junior Suite is big enough for more than 2 people.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Ocean? Share your experiences!