“Nice boutique hotel, great location.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Ocean
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1230 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #124 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Palm Springs, Florida
“Nice boutique hotel, great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Yalima was very kind and helpful at the front desk. The only negative thing I can say is the cost to park your car is too high, but it is not the hotel, its a valet company. Add $38 to park your car. Free bikes to ride, chairs for the beach and snacks in the lobby, dont drink the coffee, its probably stale.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The hotel is right in the middle of the south beach strip. I booked through Groupon, please note there is additional charges of $15 per night stay and the valet parking is $35. The room was spacious. I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I would like to say after reading the negative reviews I was really nervous about my stay until I got there. Let me tell you something I loved everything about my stay. So much that I had to write this review. Valet was good upon arrival, Once inside the hotel Front Desk was a lil busy but well expected.Once Mercedes at the front desk caught her breath. She was very attentive and explain everything to us in a professional manner.I booked the wrong room and she was willing to put me in a balcony room the next day if the hotel was no longer booked up. Once checked in and we went to our room and we just loved it. We had the Junior Suite and it was a home away from home. I stayed in room 305 overlooking the courtyard. Now I was concern about the noise but once the bad started playing. I enjoyed the music. They were not that loud and they didn't even played continously all night Friday night. Saturday pretty much was the same pretaing to the music. Now if you don't want to hear to much noise keep your window close but I was able to fall asleep write through it. I read one review where they said the restaraunt downstairs try to persuade you to eat at their restaraunt. Thats a lie. They didn't bother us not one time. The breakfast was not a hot breakfast but they provided breakfast. It didn't bother me because I ate out. Valet parking was $35 plus tax a day but what do you expect to pay in Miami Beach. This is not the place to penny budget. This is a city where you do it big. Pay prices you would never normally pay. Thats exatcly what we did. We payed an additional $17 dollars a day for extra ammenties that they provided which I had no problem with. Sad part I didn't use anything I payed for. (lol) We was charge an additional refundable deposit of #20 dollars a day just in case you smoked inside the room.

CONS: My jets did not work in the tub but the shower made it up for it. Secluded and the water was good and hot just the way I like it
Oan the safe needs to be fix. Nothing major because I din't have any valuables to put in there anyway but on the business side it needs to be fix so that vistors who would like to use won
't have a problem

Other than that I love Miami and I would like to tahnk The Ocean Hotel for a wonderful stay and everlasting memories.

Shout out to Mercedes @ Front Desk you work well with the public.

Now for the BAD REVIEWER READERS. Don't believe everything you read because I almost missed out on a nice hotel. Not to much I got a great deal through Groupons for a lil over $100 a night. A great deal!! Just know I would be honored to stay at this location or any sister hotel they share. Thanks for making my early birthday gift memories I will never forget. STAYED July 11-13 2014 RM.305

Room Tip: before arrival call and ask for a room with less noise or wuteva your requirements are to make your...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Booked this through Groupon. I got the queen bed room in error. Was upgraded to junior suite with no questions asked. Yulima at the front desk was WONDERFUL. She was extremely nice and helped in many ways. The room was big, clean and nice. The bed was very comfortable. The music played until 12am but I didn't expect less since it is Ocean Drive on South Beach. It was a great atmosphere. It is DIRECTLY across the street from the beach. It was DIRECTLY in the middle of everything. The parking sucks but thats ALL of Miami Beach. We actually got to see Kevin Hart and Ice Cube up close and personal as they filmed "Ride Along 2". It was awesome. I will be back!

Room Tip: Junior Suite is big enough for more than 2 people.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed this past weekend after purchasing a groupon but then upgraded to the penthouse for my husband's bday. We got to the hotel 30mins before check in & the cleaning lady had not even started our room cause she thought it would be easier to wait for the linens that were late. NOPE!! We finally got into our room around 5pm. The only positive thing is the girl Mercedes who worked the front desk alway had a smile on her face & was a joy to work with. When we finally got into our room the room was not that clean that it should have taken an Hour to clean. But the room was beautiful & so were the views. Made everything worth wild! But would definitely stay again!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I was booked in to stay from the 27th June to 4th of July and I am writing this review on the 1st. July from a different hotel!!!

I never write reviews as more often than not I have pleasant stays being a seasoned traveller and quite good at choosing hotels and reading between the lines on websites etc........

However, I could not bear to stay at this hotel one second longer due to the LOUD music coming from the bar/ restaurant directly below my room. EAR PLUGS did little or nothing to block out the music which played from 8.30am until 2 am at weekends and depending on demand midnight or 1 am during the week.

Staff were polite and very apologetic but what could they do. They did give me another room which I had to move all my baggage myself but it made no difference to the impact of the loud music on my stay.

Other issues I had were as follows:
1. Rooms resembled nothing that was promised on the website.....a few have been renovated and so you need to request one of those.....and even then the quality of finish etc is questionable!
2. You have use of a trolley to take your own luggage to your room
3. You have to carry your own beach towel and chair to the beach and you are charged for the privilege - $15(this does include the drinks and snacks at reception)! If you want to rent a sun bed and umbrella at the beach it costs $20 for bed and $15 for umbrella!
4. My room was not cleaned everyday as promised
5. Breakfast was not refreshed as the morning went on, so if you were breakfasting between 10 and 11am you could be certain to have rock hard bacon, congealed sausages and very dubiously dark colored scrambled eggs......eat early!
6. I requested an early check out giving two days notice and I still got charged for early check out which is outrageous given the experience I was expecting resembled nothing of what was promised and had sat and had a good conversation with the manageress about the unmet expectations!
Conclusion - YES to South Beach 100% NO to Hotel Ocean.

Room Tip: Do not waste money on an Ocean Front Room as these are the most noisy. Request one high up (not 5th...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Bad rooms bad service,dont pay for the beach the gave us 2 broken chairs we dont have wifi in the rooms but we pay for that.they have one italian restaurant under the rooms an they play maxican music from 9 in the morning until 12 mednight.we are in the room now 20:36 and we can speak its sooo loud all day.the breakfast is terrible.dont ever come here go sleep in the beach if you visit south beach.

• Stayed June 2014