“Wonderful vacation!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Quincy, Massachusetts, United States
“Wonderful vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I just got back from our trip to Miami. We stayed at the Impala Hotel and could not have been more pleased! The hotel is charming and has such great character. The rooms were so nice! Plenty of storage and a great bathroom. It is clear that everything is very well maintained. We were surprised at how quiet the rooms were too! However, our favorite part of our stay was the hotel staff. Everyone was so kind and friendly. They were all so eager to help ensure our stay was the best it could be and were always available to give excellent dinner recommendations. They certainly do anything they can to keep their guests happy! Definitely coming back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Hotel Impala, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for this gratifying review! I believe it is all those wonderful and heartening comments from our wonderful guests that allow us to maintain a constant quality service. It is truly a 2 way street and I know that the staff members really feel like they are not just doing their job and helping guests, they are also receiving a lot from all of our guests and that connection is extremely heart-warming and encouraging for everyone here! So again, thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Impala is an oasis right in the middle of SoUth Beach. A block away from the beach, and walking distance from Lincoln Rd and other fun places. The hotel has few rooms. Ours was the 200, big and well furnished, had a Nespresso Machine and a small fridge. The receptionists, Maud, Ralph and another lady were all very helpful in reserving tables at nice restaurants nearby, which they also recommended, as they had also experienced them. Beach towels are offered for free. Valet parking was worthwhile for us, but right at the corner there are two public parking lots. The Impala is well situated so that if you come without a car you won't miss it. Definitely recommended my friends and will return on my next trip to South Beach.

Room Tip: We had room 200. It was well furnished, had a Nespresso Machine and a small fridge. Very quiet, one...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us! Indeed room 200 is a very quiet Deluxe room and one of my favorites! I shared your comments with the team and they are extremely grateful for all the nice things you said about them! Thank you again and please come back to see us soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

One word--Romain!!! The desk clerk made it awesome! We went with no idea of where to go or what to eat but he made is reservations at yummy restaurants & amazing clubs! Very close to the beach & the complimentary beach towels come in handy! Also the hotel is quiet & ducked off. It has an old school but modern elegance to it. Our room was spotless. If youre looking to shop & party then this is a great hotel to stay. Its in walking dinstance of everything & ocean drive is the next street over. Overall, I know that I'd stay here the next time I come to Miami.

• Stayed August 2013
Once again I am extremely proud of my team and I am thrilled to read all the good things you have to say about Romain and about the Impala! I am glad you were able to fully enjoy the city thanks to Romain's advice and suggestions, such great reviews are always very rewarding for us and always put a big smile on our face!
Romain joins me to thank you for sharing your experience and for your kind words, we hope to see you again soon!
denver, Colorado, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I like to start my reviews by saying what me and my husband like, so the reader is not misled by a reviewer who loves a cheap motel.
We like nice things, we can't afford a five-star hotel every time or even most times, but we like nice things.
This is a GREAT hotel!!
Not only is it affordable, but it's a block away from the beach, it's quiet, the service is superb. It's unique and clean and lovely all around.

It's near the shopping you'd want in this city and right by Ocean drive, where u d want to be to eat and party.

So look no further. You've found your place to stay!

(This was not my first trip to Miami, so not my first hotel here. When we come back, this is where we're staying.)

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you so much! I am sure your review will be very helpful to many readers. Indeed it is not because we have a lot of positive reviews that our hotel will necessarily meet the expectations of everyone. It is very rewarding for my team and myself to know that we were able to live up to your high standards We constantly work on how we could extend and improve our services so I hope next time you visit us, we will surprise you again! Thank you!
Castricum, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

It is a fine good hotel, good value for money, good service, very helpful personnel. good quiet location. We were thefr one night and made a nice walk along ocean drive. Nice, but it seemed more for very young people.Missed: elevator.

Breakfast was OK. In all it was a nice place to start our US trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Hotel Impala, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. Indeed we don’t have an elevator. If you were to come back, please do not hesitate to request a room on the 1st floor!
Overall I am glad to read that your night at the Impala hotel was a good start for your US trip, and I hope that you enjoyed (or you are still enjoying) every minute of it!
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My stay at the Impala Hotel was absolutely amazing. First, the charm of the place with a "south of France" positively surprised. The location in the heart of Miami allowed to avoid renting a car and the room are spacious, very well decorated and equiped.
The team was very nice and professional and the General Manager always available to assist us in finding the right place to go (restaurant, transportation, parks).
I really recommend the place and will for sure go back in my next trip

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Our boutique hotel is indeed designed to give our guests a feel of the Mediterranean in a "South of France" ambiance. I am delighted to read that it surprised you positively and sincerely appreciate your kind comments and hope to welcome you again very soon! Merci!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I don't know why this hotel has so many great reviews, or why this hotel is all the rage? ITS BORING. The furniture is old, the rooms are TINY, no windows anywhere, and no pool. Not worth the money if you ask me. Okay stay, but not returning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your honest feedback. I am truly sorry to read that we failed to meet your expectations.
I would like to point out that the hotel has been fully renovated in March 2012 and all the furniture is brand new. The hotel has been redesigned in a Mediterranean Revival style and features many elements inspired by the Italian Renaissance, which could indeed be perceived as "old-fashioned" by guests who would prefer a more modern style.
The fact that we are a very quiet hotel yet located in the center of the action is the main reason why guests choose us as they really feel like they are in the privacy of their own home, and I am very sorry that this was not what you were expecting nor looking for.
I do hope that for your next visit in South Beach you will find a Hotel that will meet your expectations… Thank you again for your feedback!

Been to Hotel Impala? Share your experiences!