“A+ Customer Service and beautiful hotel, quant and unique, great location! Crystal is amazing at front desk!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Impala Hotel

Book early and save 20%!
Ranked #16 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

What a quant and unique beautiful hotel in miami beach- one block from beach.
Crystal at the front desk is the friendliest and nicest person ever! she will help you with anything you need within or outside of the hotel. Helped me with a problem I had booking in miami and she also hooked me up with great parking and car rental deals and ideas. she even helped me with bug spray from mosquitos. great european french style boutique hotel. hard to find anywhere especially in miami.
the hotel is just like a mediteranian boutique hotel in france or italy.
Crystal should own the place- she is such a gem- thank you!!!

Room Tip: talk to crystal
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
I cannot begin to express how much your words mean to me and I apologize for not responding sooner to your extremely kind review! I am speechless (and blushing a little too!)
Thank you so much for sharing your experience in such a positive way! I am glad I was able to help, and I can say with confidence that any other staff member would have done the same. Being such a small boutique hotel allows to go the extra mile for our guests....and we actually enjoy doing it as it is you and all our wonderful guests that keep the Impala family alive!
Thank you again!

Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed for four nights from 15th to 19th June. Very friendly and helpful staff, especially Maggie at front desk and another French girl at front desk, whose name we did not catch. Great location, 2 mins walk from the beach on Ocean Drive. Clean rooms. The only criticism I would have is the shortage of towels (we were told on our first day that there were no spare room towels), especially considering the climate and the fact that more than one shower per day might be necessary. However complimentary beach towels were provided, which was very helpful. Would recommend this hotel for couples and families however there is no elevator (but only one flight of stairs) so not ideal for anyone with limited mobility.

• 5 of 5 stars
I am sorry to read that we couldn't provide you extra towels. Thank you for mentioning it, I will communicate to my team to make sure that does not happen again.
Being a boutique hotel in an Art Deco Building has its downside, indeed we don’t have an elevator but the staff always does its best to help guests to carry their luggage for guests located on the 2nd floor. For guests with limited mobility we do suggest letting us know ahead of time as we do have rooms on the main floor including one accessible room that does not require staires access. Maggie and Maud, the other “French girl” join me to thank you for your positive review, and all of us hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in our Hotel soon!
Brasilia, DF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Hotel is very well located, near to the beach and all of Miami Beach nightlife.

Clean hotel, friendly staff. The downside was the fact that I stayed on the top floor, and they had no elevator, so I had to carry my luggage taking the stairs. Anyway, staff was friendly and helped me on that! One small thing I didn't like: the pillows are too large! But this is nothing when you consider the room as a whole.

If you are worried about allergies to dust, mold or cigarrete smoke, no problem in this hotel.

When going back to Miami Beach, I'll stay there.

2 Thank Carlos X
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you! Indeed when you are a small hotel everybody becomes a bellman and we are happy to help as much as we can! And you are absolutely right about allergic guests...our entire bedding is hypoallergenic and I am glad you enjoyed it!
Thank you again!
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We recently spent five nights at The Impala and loved it. It is a quiet and elegant oasis In a bustling town. It's perfectly located with easy walks to the beach, restaurants, and bars. The staff was superb. Maude in particular could not have been friendlier or more helpful, but the whole team made us feel welcome. The rooms are spotless, beautifully decorated, and very quiet (even though they are in a busy location). It feels like a small European inn. Dinner at Spiga was also a great experience. I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are probably the most quiet.
1 Thank WashingtonDC
Nothing can make us happier than knowing our guests had a perfect stay that lived up to their expectations! The entire Front Desk and Housekeeping teams join me to thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for posting such a great and nice review! Please come back soon!
Manhasset, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I'm a woman in my fifties, travelled alone to a convention and stayed 3 nights in this beautiful and charming boutique hotel. I loved the international flavor of the staff and guests, plus espresso machine in the room! The front desk was so helpful in recommending a restaurant. She selected perfect places for me to dine where I felt completely at home. Fantastic location to walk and shop and dine. They don't yet have mini bars in the rooms, but I'm told they are coming soon. I would have loved to grab something cold to drink while in my room, but couldn't. My room (209) had a large tiled "living room" which was really pretty. But there wasn't any dresser for me to unpack clothes. I would have needed to put them on some shelves in a closet in the living room. It was too impractical for me, so I lived out of my suitcase which I parked on a chair in the bedroom. But that's just me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dannapolis
Thank you for taking the time to post such a kind review! I am happy the Front Desk could help with your requests and that found the staff helpful! I am sorry you did not find the closet space convenient for you though. Next time please let us know and I will make sure you get a room with a different layout for your clothes!
Thank you!
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Everyone who works at the Hotel was very nice to us. The one strange aspect was that they make you turn in your room key when you leave to go outside. But there will very nice about it, so it wasn't really a problem. The Impala is a very charming hotel in a great area. Perfect for walking to the beach and all the South Beach spots. Loved it!

• 5 of 5 stars
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Since we do not have key cards but actual keys with a somewhat heavy key chain that can take up quite some space, we kindly ask all our guests to leave their room key with us at the Front Desk when they step out as we have someone present at the Front Desk 24 hours. It is not an obligation, but we strongly encourage that you do so to avoid not only loosing them, but also carrying them! I hope this makes more sense! Thank you again for your nice words, we hope you will come back to see us during your next visit to Miami!
Red Bank, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We spent three nights in the Impala. We are both senior citizens. The rooms were the cleanest that I have ever visited. I really appreciated the clean smell that was maintained throughout which I attribute to the rooms not having rugs. There was no musty odor at all. We liked the quiet location, the fun shower stall, and the employees. And a big shout out to Maggie--we appreciate your help and enjoyed chatting with you. Dee and Emile

Dear Dee and Emilie,
Thank you for your kind words, they are very much appreciated! Maggy is with me right now and she insists that I thank you on her behalf as she was very touched by your comments! Thank you again, please come back to visit us soon!