“nice staff, cute hotel, great location” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Impala
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1228 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #15 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Norcross, Georgia
“nice staff, cute hotel, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Really enjoyed the stay. All around great stuff.
Bathrooms were very nice, loved the shower.
I would go back!
Next time I need to get some tips on restaurants nearby - a little dissapointed with some of the places to eat locally. All so clubby/chainy/cliche/overpriced. I guess you have to go a bit further to get the mom and pop places.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Hotel Impala, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for these great words about the Impala! I am sorry you were not properly advised regarding places to eat but we are developing our Concierge services to something much more complete and targeted to our guests' different needs. Please come again and you will see that there are many great places around us where you can eat at very reasonable prices. There are a lot of great little local spots and I will be happy to share them with you next time you are around!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Fulshear, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We got married in Antigua then headed to south beach for a little fun to end our honeymoon. We stayed in this little jewel and loved every second of it! The staff was great, the room was nice and clean and location is perfect! We had dinner at the restaurant there also and it was amazing! No complaints for this place and will always stay here when in Miami.

Room Tip: We stayed in #100, it was the first one next to the lobby and it was quite. I would assume that woul...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Deana for this great review!
I am so glad that you enjoyed your room! I remember that you had entered a request for a quiet room on your reservation and even if room 100 is close to the lobby I knew you would enjoy it as it is much larger and spacious but most importantly very quiet (it overlooks the quiet alley between the hotel and the Webster next door!)
I wish you one more time all the happiness in the world and am very happy to have shared part of the journey with you!
Please come see us again...let's say for your 1st year anniversary for example??? :-)
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed three nights at impala and this hotel is a great find in south beach! I have stayed at numerous three stars and this hotel does not compare: extremely clean and very well decorated, newly renovated and with a very nice and friendly personnel. Beds are very comfortable and the bathroom and shower will put to shame most 4 stars hotel. Shower is huge and very clean. This hotel looks like a typical house in Italy or south of France. Very solid concrete made walls and finishes in the bathroom. You will not hear any noise from your neighbors (a first in south beach). Also, you get a nespresso machine with free coffee which as well as free Internet; a rare given in this area! The team at the front desk is very friendly and helpful. The doors are locked after hours and they will come and open the door, which adds security. Christelle, the general manager, is extremely friendly, kind and helpful and will always be there (she is also your best source of info/tips for going out) Don't search further, this is the hotel you have to book if you do not want to spend $400+ for overpriced 4stars. This hotel is way above any three stars! Great place and perfect location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
The first thing that comes to my mind when reading this review is WOW!
I am extremely flattered to read such a nice review and cannot thank you enough for your kind comments! We do take pride in the excellence of service that we provide without overcharging our guests. As you may know, we are a European hotel and for us the quality of our service and the perfection of our product is a top priority. We want our guests to feel like they got more than what they expected, not the other way around! Thank you again I am glad you left the Impala with such a great impression!
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Lovely Boutique Hotel - close to the beach and all the action of South Beach but 1 block away from the noise of Ocean Drive. Our own getaway in the hert of SoBe.

Nice decor and very helpful staff make this a hotel tht we would definitely return to. Unfortunately whilst in Miami I got a nasty dose of food poisoning (restaurant on Bayside) - the hotel staff could not have been more helpful - calling out the doctor, and arranging for us to stay another another un-scheduled night. We'll definitely return next time we re in Miami.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Being called “your own getaway in the heart of SoBe” is truly the compliment that we aim for and that always makes me the happiest!
It is really unfortunate that you had this food poisoning during your vacations! Maggy (who is next to me right now) remembers you very well and is giving you her best! I am glad she was able to handle the situation the way she did and help you extend your stay!
Thank you again for your kind review, we hope to see you again very soon, but no more restaurant on Bayside this time!!!
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

We booked the suite and were not disappointed. Close to everything with a fine Italian restaurant on site. Staff was exceptional, and made us most welcome. Would definitely stay again on our next visit.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you very much for your review. Nothing makes me happier than reading such comments on my staff because I know that they come to work every day with their passion and their good heart. No one should leave our hotel feeling just fine. We want you to leave feeling special, and I’m very glad to read that we might have the pleasure of welcoming you again!
Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Great location but the room we stayed in was rather dark-- little light from the windows and only over head lighting made for a dim room. The bed was very comfortable . The room had a musty smell . The biggest con was that we could hear every word said in the room next door-- adjoining ours by a door.

Room Tip: The hotel has a European flair. We had a room on the second floor with a separate sitting area . It...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience. We usually try to keep this Suite and its connecting room for families as booked together, they turn into a 2 bedroom Suite and it is a great solution for larger parties. Of course it happens that sometimes we need to sell them separately and I apologize that you were disturbed by the noise. I want to apologize even more as I believe you had requested on your reservation that you wanted a quiet room and we should have been more proactive.
I really hope this did not affect your overall impression of the Impala and if you ever come back to the area, we will do our best to give you a room that perfectly suits your needs!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

There are only 17 rooms in this hotel and that makes a huge difference to the set up and service you will receive. There is 24/7 service on the front desk, and both staff members I interacted with were faultless (one helping print off some tickets online for me, with no cost).

Our room was lovely, comfortable, shower a little tricky to use (but instructions provided) and plenty of power and hot water. A bit of noise in the late night and morning, simply from other guests moving around the corridors, but not a major issue that stops this being a great hotel.

Slight shame that my view was of the back of a nightclub - but, honestly, I think the hotel simply needs to do a deal with the club to have some plants or something put against the wall to make it more attractive - if you did want to have your curtains open, which is not necessary, as you're far more likely to be out enjoying the (very close by) beach or South Beach attractions.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
As you perfectly highlighted, the small size of the hotel (17 rooms!) allows us to provide a true, genuine personalized service for each of our guests. In order to make everyone’s experience in South Beach a success we only have one recommendation: let us know your needs, expectations, wishes, interests... Our staff is here, at your disposal to answer and help you in any kind of situation. We will always be more than happy to assist you.
Concerning the view, I share your opinion and I believe it is a shame as these rooms are very bright with lots of light and it would be so nice if there were some plants. I am currently looking into different options to make the view nicer on that side of the hotel. I hope the next time you visit us you will see some changes! Thank you for your input!

Been to Hotel Impala? Share your experiences!