“Impala Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
York, United Kingdom
“Impala Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Lovely Boutique Hotel - close to the beach and all the action of South Beach but 1 block away from the noise of Ocean Drive. Our own getaway in the hert of SoBe.

Nice decor and very helpful staff make this a hotel tht we would definitely return to. Unfortunately whilst in Miami I got a nasty dose of food poisoning (restaurant on Bayside) - the hotel staff could not have been more helpful - calling out the doctor, and arranging for us to stay another another un-scheduled night. We'll definitely return next time we re in Miami.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Hotel Impala, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Being called “your own getaway in the heart of SoBe” is truly the compliment that we aim for and that always makes me the happiest!
It is really unfortunate that you had this food poisoning during your vacations! Maggy (who is next to me right now) remembers you very well and is giving you her best! I am glad she was able to handle the situation the way she did and help you extend your stay!
Thank you again for your kind review, we hope to see you again very soon, but no more restaurant on Bayside this time!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

We booked the suite and were not disappointed. Close to everything with a fine Italian restaurant on site. Staff was exceptional, and made us most welcome. Would definitely stay again on our next visit.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you very much for your review. Nothing makes me happier than reading such comments on my staff because I know that they come to work every day with their passion and their good heart. No one should leave our hotel feeling just fine. We want you to leave feeling special, and I’m very glad to read that we might have the pleasure of welcoming you again!
Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Great location but the room we stayed in was rather dark-- little light from the windows and only over head lighting made for a dim room. The bed was very comfortable . The room had a musty smell . The biggest con was that we could hear every word said in the room next door-- adjoining ours by a door.

Room Tip: The hotel has a European flair. We had a room on the second floor with a separate sitting area . It...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience. We usually try to keep this Suite and its connecting room for families as booked together, they turn into a 2 bedroom Suite and it is a great solution for larger parties. Of course it happens that sometimes we need to sell them separately and I apologize that you were disturbed by the noise. I want to apologize even more as I believe you had requested on your reservation that you wanted a quiet room and we should have been more proactive.
I really hope this did not affect your overall impression of the Impala and if you ever come back to the area, we will do our best to give you a room that perfectly suits your needs!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

There are only 17 rooms in this hotel and that makes a huge difference to the set up and service you will receive. There is 24/7 service on the front desk, and both staff members I interacted with were faultless (one helping print off some tickets online for me, with no cost).

Our room was lovely, comfortable, shower a little tricky to use (but instructions provided) and plenty of power and hot water. A bit of noise in the late night and morning, simply from other guests moving around the corridors, but not a major issue that stops this being a great hotel.

Slight shame that my view was of the back of a nightclub - but, honestly, I think the hotel simply needs to do a deal with the club to have some plants or something put against the wall to make it more attractive - if you did want to have your curtains open, which is not necessary, as you're far more likely to be out enjoying the (very close by) beach or South Beach attractions.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
As you perfectly highlighted, the small size of the hotel (17 rooms!) allows us to provide a true, genuine personalized service for each of our guests. In order to make everyone’s experience in South Beach a success we only have one recommendation: let us know your needs, expectations, wishes, interests... Our staff is here, at your disposal to answer and help you in any kind of situation. We will always be more than happy to assist you.
Concerning the view, I share your opinion and I believe it is a shame as these rooms are very bright with lots of light and it would be so nice if there were some plants. I am currently looking into different options to make the view nicer on that side of the hotel. I hope the next time you visit us you will see some changes! Thank you for your input!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Impala is a boutique, individual and charming hotel in the heart of South Beach. The front desk service was excellent, the room was comfortable and well appointed. The stand out for me was an excellent shower - really luxurious and powerful. My only quibble is with the base noise I could hear coming from nearby clubs, but ear plugs dealt with that, but I do think slightly better windows might make a good change, making a very good hotel, excellent.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Hotel Impala, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback. Our showers are new and I am glad to read that our guests enjoy using them as much as we enjoyed getting them!
Regarding the noise, I am terribly sorry. We do the best we can to be as quiet as possible and even if this issue has gotten much better this past year, there are still a few rooms that, due to their location, are more subject to noise than others. This is why we decided to change all windows to soundproof windows. We are currently working on it and this should be done before the summer! Hopefully this will put a definite end to the problem some guests experience with noise. I hope you will come back to see us and see the improvements! Thanks again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed for a few days during the Music Festival in late March. The Impala was a wonderful oasis of quiet and comfort in the middle of all the noise.

The rooms are nice and well appointed. We didn't hear any noise from our room from outside.

But the outstanding part of our stay was the staff. As others have commented, they certainly tried to give us personal and friendly services. I would wander down for breakfast late in the morning and they would go our of their way to look after use.

We had some problems with our reservation but they were very helpful in sorting it out.

Highly recommended for a quiet stay.

Room Tip: There isn't an elevator/lift so be sure to get a ground floor room if you're worried about s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nothing can make us happier than knowing we were able to honor our promise of being a quiet, friendly and welcoming place in South Beach! Thank you so much for these comments about the hotel and about the staff. I take great pride in my staff and they really go above and beyond to please our wonderful guests so I am glad it is not only noticed, but also appreciated! On behalf of the entire team and myself, thank you!
Bloomington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were stuck in Miami due to flight issues, so we decided to stay near South Beach. $32 cab ride, about 20-25 minutes. Located on Collins, easy to miss, but near 12th. The room was good- comfortable bed, clean, really nice bathroom. The staff was great. We had a late flight out, so they kept our bags after checkout while we shopped on Lincoln and explored the beach some. We had dinner at the restaurant out front - Spiga. Food was ok, service was terrible. They ignored us for the most part, other than to deliver the food. We wanted more water and drinks, but no waiter for the entire meal...

I would stay at the hotel again, but definitely would go elsewhere for dinner.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review! I am glad that we were able to somehow take away the stress related to your flight issues! I do apologize about the service at the restaurant and will make sure to pass your feedback along to them as their service is usually impeccable and they take these comments very seriously. Thank you again for sharing your experience!

Been to Hotel Impala? Share your experiences!