“Good Location, Clean Comfortable Bed, Clean Room, Good Nightly Rate.....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Impala

Save Saved
You added Hotel Impala to your Saves list
Hotel Impala
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1228 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #13 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
“Good Location, Clean Comfortable Bed, Clean Room, Good Nightly Rate.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed with my best friend from june 28-july 2 2012. Excellent room, clean and modern, bedding comfortable. The only negative was the bathtub hot and cold knobs didnt work, water was extremely hot. The phone also didnt work in our room, I used my cell phone to call the front desk. But we were less than one block from the beach, this location is close to almost everything in South Beach......we enjoyed this trip!

• Stayed July 2012
, Manager at Hotel Impala, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Impala Hotel and for helping us improve!

Please accept our apologies for the bad experience you had with our bathtub. Only a few rooms have tubs and due to various reasons, it is the only part of the hotel’s renovation project that was not completed on time and that is still ongoing. We do expect all bathrooms to be completely renovated very soon.

Concerning the phone, I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience this caused you and would like to inform you that this issue has now been fixed.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you ever come back to Miami, as I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again and make a better impression!

Christelle Tropina

357 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

This is my first tripadvisor review but I felt the need to write because the newly renovated Hotel Impala treated us so well! We received a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe room as we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. Room 100 was so spacious, super comfy bed, great AC and great lighting! The lighting in hotel rooms usually isn't good.This is my first tripadvisor review but I felt the need to write because the newly renovated Hotel Impala treated us so well! We received a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe room as we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. Room 100 was so spacious, super comfy bed, great AC and great lighting! The lighting in hotel rooms usually isn't good. If you are looking for a fairly priced, comfortable, clean hotel you've found it. There's no pool, but arent you in SoBe for the beach, anyway? We hate that! If you are looking for a fairly priced, comfortable, clean hotel you've found it. There's no pool, but arent you in SoBe for the beach, anyway? Stay at Impala Hotel and you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2012
Neptune Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is a lovely small hotel, very clean, nice rooms and in the heart of South Beach.
Staff is very friendly and helpful. 24 hours service. Pet friendly. Not a lot of green space for pets doing their business, but 3 blocks from the park and walking is all on side walks. Very close to all the great food and action.

Room Tip: Stay in the rear away from the street and it will be nice and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I m from Miami and I needed to stay few days in an hotel . I was looking for a charming hotel near to the beach and walking distance from everything. I was really happy staying at the Impala hotel. It s a small quiet hotel with nice decoration and totally renovated. The bed are very confortable and the room was clean. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. Impala hotel would be my first choice if I need again an accomodation near the beach :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I stayed for 1 night at the Impala Hotel after a 2 weeks cruise. I wanted to visit South Beach before flying back to Europe and wanted a quiet hotel. I must say I was extremely happy with my choice! The location couldn’t be better, the ocean was 1 block away and I could walk everywhere. The hotel is very intimate and quiet and most importantly very clean. They just reopened after renovating the place and I really loved what they did with the rooms. Beds were really comfortable and service was impeccable. They have an Italian restaurant that was amazing too. I highly recommend it!

Vancouer,B.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I chose to stay here because of the recent reviews i read. The staff were really nice, great customer service. However, the washroom in the room we stayed at were not what we have expected from a newly renovated hotel.

The room smelled like chlorine, not sure if all water in miami are heavily treated with chlorine but it smelled like public pools. The water taps was ridiculous to figure out. My boyfried burned his arm while showering because he couldnt figure out which way to turn it off. There were two taps, one for hot water and one for cold. They were not installed correctly, going the wrong direction which is really confusing.

I think our washroom was suppose to have a fan but it was broken or maybe it didnt have one built in. The washroom gets really steamy when we took a shower and our room was became humid smelled like chlorine after.

The A/C vent needed to be cleaned. A bunch of dust or some large black particles were all over the bed and around the vent area every morning. I hope to god we did not breathe those in while we were sleeping.

The bedroom itself was nice. The bed was comfortable and overall room was nicely designed to be a tuscan, italian theme. The hotel has a great location, close to everything!

Vancouer,B.C.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

The room smelled like chlorine, not sure if all water in miami are heavily treated with chlorine but it smelled like public pools. The water taps was ridiculous to figure out. My boyfried burned his arm while showering because he couldnt figure out which way to turn it off. There were two, one for hot water and one for cold. They were not installed correctly, going the wrong direction which is really confusing.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Hotel Impala? Share your experiences!