We read review[s] a few days before our stay at the hotel and were horrified at some of things we read, however, we went with an open mind but with some trepidation.
I can't comment on other peoples experience[s] but on arrival we wondered if we were in the same hotel [as some of the reviews we had read]
Valet parking was a breeze [o.k a bit steep at $26 per night, but standard for the area and cheaper than some hotels a few blocks down] the guys were polite and couldn't do enough to help. Had I wanted a conversation on world politics, then I may have had a communications problem but I didn't and their english was more than adequate to tend to my needs....The first to get my car out at the start of the day got a $2 tip which I think went into a pool anyway.
Front desk staff were amazing at check in, during my stay and at checkout. We had booked a junior suite and was put into a beautiful marble floored 2 bedroom suite  with fully equipped kitchen, a monster flat screen [TV] in the living area and smaller flat screen tv's in the bedrooms. The master bedroom had a huge king size bed.
We stayed 13 nights and were given a promotion that meant we only paid for 11..how cool is that? I had problems with the keycard access to the fitness centre not only was I issued with new ones but the front desk personnel came along with me just to ensure that the replacement card work correctly. On top of that, she gave me and my wife complimentary breakfast vouchers for 2 days even though we were doing our own catering. I had problems with my debit card - no problem - a few phone calls and a fax from mangement - all sorted. Check out is at 11a.m, I needed a late checkout as i wanted to go deep sea fishing -no problem we were checked out at 3 p.m - no extra cost.
Concierge services helped us out with all out enquiries, trips, maps, directions, local info et al. Special mention to Shiraz.
Housekeeping serviced our suite everyday and every night extra towels and a bed turn down service was offered [We tipped $2 daily which may have helped to "oil the wheels"]
The fitness centre and general resort facilities [pool, sauna, beach, children play area.. et al] were fine for what we needed and as we spent most of our time touring the Miami area or just chilling out in our suite I can't give any in depth comments.
The prices at the bar and restaurant seemed high, but again, is standard for the locale but as we did our own shopping and catering it was not a problem for us. But the complimentary breakfast that we had was fine and the staff were very friendly and attentive. Sure we've had cheaper $3.99 cholesterol fests up in Orlando but you wouldn't expect that in a 4star hotel would you?
My only gripe really was internet access. This was provided by a 3rd party organisation and at $0.25/min I found quite expensive as I kept daily scrutiny on credit/debit card accounts, emails and general internet browsing. I don't believe wireless was free either. However, I did find out that for a $5 month subscription, you could have 2 hour access everyday at the local library. But unles you walked or bussed it there [ at least 30 blocks], you would have to take parking costs into consideration.
The hotel was rather quiet at the beginning of our stay and we attributed this to the season, there was, however, a great deal of activity during weekends and later in the stay.
The hotel is sorrounded by other hotels so general amenities are not nearby perhaps 20 blocks north or south. There seems to be regular bus services in either direction along Collins Avenue, however, you cannot go amiss with your own transport.
All in all we had a wonderful stay in Miami, at the Alexander hotel and will definitely be back...... DO STAY THERE....you will be well looked after.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy spacious luxury Miami Beach suites accommodations ranging in size from 920 to 1250 square feet, including a master bedroom with attached master bathroom, full kitchen, living and dining room, and a terrace that offers magnificent views of either Miami’s Inter-coastal waterway and the Atlantic Ocean.The Alexander All Suite Oceanfront Resort is a tropical paradise set on an acre of lush gardens with exotic flowers. Relax by our two lagoon-shaped swimming pools or opt for a private poolside cabana. Miami Beach is just steps away where you can sink your toes into the powder-white sands, soak up the sun, and listen to the waves lap along the shoreline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Hotel Miami Beach
- Alexander All Suite Oceanfront Resort
- Alexander All Suite Oceanfront Hotel