“Perfection” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #83 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I recently had the opportunity to stay this resort while in town for a business conference. The place is very well maintained and all the employees were willing to go out of their way to make my stay extremely enjoyable. I also loved the view and all the amenities. I also enjoyed Shula's Steakhouse that was conveniently located in the hotel. James the bartender was super nice and made top notch drinks. The staff and quality of the food at Shula's was top notch. I highly recommend staying at The Alexander if you are ever in the Miami Beach area!

Room Tip: Get a view of that beautiful ocean if you can! The water provides some extra sense of relaxation.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My visit was perfect.the nice suites and views.the suites have two bathrooms an complete kitchen.the ubication is great just in the heart of the millonaire row.i forgot my security box open and nobody touch nothing !!!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Mariela I, Front Office Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel. We are happy to know that we were more than accommodating and that you and your family were able to experience our great location and outstanding views. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to serve you in the future!
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I stayed in rm1402 which has a terrace facing the ocean. The living room, kitchen, and both bedrooms had views of the ocean. This suite is very modern and clean. Big flat screen tv and surround system in the living room, and master bedroom. I love the cleanliness of the hotel and how friendly all the hotel staff-including valet were. This is definitely well worth the money you pay with two pools, two hot tubs, tiki bar, and direct beach access. Your a couple of buildings down from Fountableu if your needing to know your location. This is a great place for families or singles/honeymooners. I recommend any oceanfront suite. DJ by the pool on Friday and Saturday only. I loved the modern decor and the old architecture at the same time. They have done a fantastic job perserving the "old wood charm" but with a modern twist. I highly recommend this hotel and you do get your money's worth with the great service and cleanliness.

Espoo, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed with 2 kids at the hotel. Pools were nice and our 2 bedroom suite was really spacious, with 2 bathroom, kitchen and big balcony.The negative thing was that suite was quite worn out and would need renovation, and although nice views windows were incredibly dirty so you hardly could see out. Water pressure at bath room/shower was low. The hotel did not have cafeteria where you could get some coffee or ice cream.
Our 2 kids loved the two pools and hot tubs, and water was warmed in the other pool - so bad whether didn't slow our kids. The area surrounding the pool was under some renovation. There was a small playground and ping pong table outside. Location was right at the beach, maybe some 3 kilometres from Ocean Drive.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughtful feedback with the TripAdvisor community. While I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay, I’m sorry to learn that the suite did not live up to your expectations. We take great pride in delivering the highest level of amenities and I’m disappointed to learn about the maintenance issues you experienced. This will be immediately addressed.
I apologize that we failed to mention we offer coffee as well as ice cream in both our gift shop and restaurant.
I’m happy you found our location to your liking and were able to take advantage of our amenities at the pool.
We truly appreciate your helpful comments. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back upon your next visit and show you our commitment to delivering a positive guest experience.
Sincerely
Mariela
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I am not one to write reviews, however to look at them often when planning a trip. Due to some unforeseen travel issues, we had to make a very quick decision (within a hour) on deciding where to stay in Miami for a five night stay. We finally decided on The Alexander. The best way to write this review will be to break down the positive and negatives. I'll start with the negatives:
The hotel is in serious need of an upgrade. It was probably one of the finest hotels in the 60s-70s but not in this era. I love the dark wood, but the carpet is old, and very stained. I'm not one to worry about that stuff but it was pretty awful. We went to our first room and I could tell from my husbands reaction he was not pleased. The room was very spacious, two bedroom suite with a full kitchen. However, rugs were dirty, the bathroom needed much work and the decor was from the 70s.. We had a VCR in the room and deck chairs were flithy. We came here for the sun and the beach so we decided to just deal with the room issues as we wouldn't be in the room all that much. After our first day by the pool we came back to the room to the AC unit was leaking everywhere. We called and asked to be switched to a different room. The front desk was very accommodating and switched us to an updated room (2 rooms down the hall) within minutes. This room was all tile and in much better shape. The one issue with this room was we had a huge jacuzzi tub and shower with no shower curtain. The bathroom flooded everytime we took a shower. We had to use three bath towels on the floor just to ensure the floor was covered so no one fell when they got out of the shower. Overall this room was much better but still needed repair. There are not many restaurants in this area so if you don't want to go out you have to eat at Shulas for dinner or the Tiki Bar for lunch. The food was very good but the organization at the bar was awful. It was difficult to get a good drink and there was no organization when ordering food. Too many people doing too many different things. At any one time there were five people at the Tiki Bar and it was still chaos. Valet was very nice and hospitable but I have an issue paying $26 a day to park my car at a hotel that I am paying to stay at and the valet still wants to be tipped everytime you get in and get out of your car. With not too many options around the hotel we left frequently. I understand they are working to be paid but there should definitely be some other system as far as that goes.
On a positive side, the view from the balcony was exactly what we wanted. We had coffee and breakfast while looking at the ocean every morning. It was very beautiful. The pools were not crowded so we didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to reserve chairs. The pools were very nice but could use some maintenance. A lot of broken tiles and rust stains. The beach was a minute walk. It was beautiful. Yes you have to rent chairs and umbrellas but you have to do that at any resort. The hotel is about 15 minutes from the heart of South Beach. If you rent a car be prepared to pay for parking as there is no where to park in South Beach.
If you are looking for a place near the beach and that's all you want this is a perfect hotel.
I don't think I would stay here again unless some major renovations take place. I can deal with rooms being outdated, but cleanliness is a hard stop for me.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing details from your recent stay that give us opportunities for improvement. Rest assured that I have shared this with each department involved. We will address all of your comments to ensure that we continue to perform at the high level of quality we consistently try to deliver at The Alexander. There were shortcomings during your stay, for which we apologize, and which we can guarantee would not be present on a return visit. I do hope you will return to experience our usual high level of luxury service and create far more pleasant memories.
Best Regards
Mariela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been all over the world and have stayed in top resorts, so I know of good service. I have been coming to the Alexander every week for over a year for business meetings and every time I have been served by Carlos. I always get the same smile and professionalism of a person that is truly committed to its guests. He is always dedicated to his work and deserves a very high commendation.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We live in Miami and decided to spend a few days relaxing at the beach. The hotel was perfect for us as we were not looking to be a part of the South Beach night life. The Valet staff were very courteous and check-in was quick. We stayed in unit 1101 (11th floor direct ocean view). This unit has amazing views of the ocean from any room. The balcony faces directly out to the beach and pool. The unit has a full kitchen which was very well stocked and is a nice option if you want to stay in for meals. Overall, a great and relaxing stay. I have stayed here before and will do so again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Mariela I, Front Office Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the glowing review regarding your recent stay at the Alexander. We are grateful you chose to stay here and you were able to experience our prime Miami Beach location. I sincerely appreciate your kind comments about our hard-working valet staff. They will be recognized.

We all look forward to your next visit

Been to The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!