“Keeps getting better” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   5225 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Ranked #71 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
“Keeps getting better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stayed at the Alexander a few months ago and I had a wonderful time. The staff was awesome, welcoming, they even had my name on a screen in the lobby and a welcome package. I was a little sad that the pool was not ready but I know when it's done it will be wonderful. Most of the suites have been renovated and I was given two options and I upgraded to a signature suite. I enjoyed this stay more than the last and I will return when the pool is done. I recommend this place for those who are mature and have a taste for class.

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade options. Signature suites are best
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Mariela I, Front Office Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

We love your headline, "Keeps getting better,"-- thank you so much for sharing and for your continued patronage.
Service is our primary objective, as it should be. We are thrilled to read you experienced this while staying with us.
We hope to continue being your hotel of choice for many more years to come.

Best Regards

699 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Me and my family were at the hotel last month and we couldnt have left happier. Everyone at the hotel treated us like royalties. For the $300 nighly rate we got a huge 2 bedroom apartment, very well furnished, new apliances and a big balcony with a breathtaking view of the ocean. My kids had their own room and for a family it really does not get any better.
One of their pools was under renovation but seriously who wants to dip in a pool when the beach is a step away
The concierge Linda was so helpful, the breakfast server Pedro looked like had been waiting for us all morning and our kids just loved him
Alexander is a jewel who wont disapoint

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review and for staying with us at the Alexander. The greatest compliments we can receive highlight the exceptional guest service by our associates. I will be pleased to share your feedback with Linda and Pedro. They both would be thrilled to know that they had such a great impact on your stay
Thank you for being a Valuable Alexander Resort Customer and we will be looking forward to welcome you back in the future!
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Since I receive text messages on reviews I've stayed at previously, I felt compelled to write about my past experiences staying at the Alexander. Yes, it is a little dated and needs a little maintenance, but the overall value compared to other hotels in Miami or South Beach make up for the negatives.

I've stayed on six different occasions at this hotel- booking from individual owners is a crap shoot on furnishings and how the kitchen is stocked, but I've booked 5 of the 6 times directly through the hotel and have never been disappointed with a suite. Clearly, there is never a good time to redo one of your pools, but it is a necessary evil. On one of my visits, I stayed for a month and they staff was like family by the time I left. Any time I've phoned the front desk for a repair or additional towels, etc the request was handled in a timely manner.

Restaurants aren't within walking distance and yes, taxis are expensive in Miami, but the rather nice public busses will pick you up right in front of the building and take you to South Beach, North Beach or any point in between for $2

Room Tip: Higher floors on the south side are best!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. Also, thank you for your continued loyalty over the years. I am so happy to hear the staff has made your time with us so comfortable and I will pass along your comments to them. We expend an excessive amount of effort searching for true service driven personalities and feel we have struck gold with our team.
We hope you won’t wait too long to return!

Kindest Regards

Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Called to get a rate for the hotel as I have for 15 other hotels. The agent that took my call was very polite, and willing to help BUT she stated she needed my credit card to get a quote ready and to possibly put it on hold so I proceeded to give the card number, get a rate than get off the phone before making a choice. I than received a email stating a deposit was taken off my account for $405.15. I called and they said it was a deposit EVEN THOUGH I NEVE CONFIRMED I WANTED TO STAY! I had to wait 5 days till it would be refunded than called to ask why it wasn't and the accounting department was less than willing to help us!

I never stayed and have never seen the hotel but I went through hell to get my money back when all I was doing was asking for a rate! so no matter what you do do NOT give them your card number for a rate!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Mariela I, Front Office Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
The reservations situation you described is very concerning to us and we appreciate you bringing it to our attention.
We do not request credit card information in order for us to disclose rates and I would welcome the opportunity to personally address your concern regarding this situation. You can contact our contact our executive office at 1 800 327 6121
Thank you again for your review and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

For the money spent on this trip (Almost $500 per night) this was the biggest disapointment I've ever had. The staff was extremely RUDE, the rooms were filthy and the furniture in the rooms were broken. Hair, mold, stains in the bathrooms and on the floors, the towels and sheets were dirty and our fold out couch was broken. The pictures on the website show a waterfall pool (and we were charged a "resort fee") these pictures are COMPLETELY FALSE. There was no waterfall pool and the suite pictures are also completely false. It should be illegal to display pictures on their website that are not even the same hotel. DO NOT STAY HERE..... EVER.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback of your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We tried to be as accommodating as possible moving your arrival day without penalties and also accommodating an early arrival while full house. I am sorry you found our efforts not sufficient and our service not to par.
Our pictures on line were taken all in the last 6 months in various room types we offer.
The kind of experience you described is certainly not the standard at the Alexander and we all hope that you will be willing to give us another chance
Please feel free to reach out to me next time in Miami and I will assure nothing but the best experience for you and your family
Philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Our rented apartment was satisfactory, large and reasonably well kept but the Alexander Hotel is not a pleasant place. It's garish and ugly decor is now is shabby, dirty and in disrepair. The inside walls and outside concrete areas are patched and crumbling; the carpets stained and smelling of chemical cleaners, the facility has one tiny pool. A used guest tray with food sat outside a neighboring door for almost two days until I asked a cleaner to take it away.
The service people seem to be hard working and pleasant but they can't make up for this nasty and awful property.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Pros:
Amazing views of both sea and skyline, access to a beautiful beach (most important), suites with multiple bedrooms make it great for family trips.

Cons:
What they didn't tell us when we made or reservation is that most of these units are separately owned condos that are managed by the hotel staff. Each owner apparently furnishes/appoints their unit as they see fit. Thus, our kitchen looked nothing like the website photos (it was useable, but quite dated and a bit grungy--which would be fine for us, but not at these prices), the carpets had spots where they were worn down to the floor, the tile floor had crumbling spots our toddler repeatedly picked up, the beds did not even have mattress pads between the sheets and mattresses, there was no phone in our room to communicate with the front desk or room service, and general confusion about what the staff could or could not provide for us (we were told someone would come up with a phone for two days before we were told our unit didn't get a phone on the third day).

Also, and this will only pertain to families with very young children, since each suite is different, there's not an obvious place to put a crib (the rental of which is a STEEP $25/day--more than we have ever paid anywhere ever). We had to put ours in the dining area, which would have been fine except for the fact the housekeeping staff REPEATEDLY ignored our handmade (also not provided in our unit) DO NOT DISTURB sign. As we know, traveling with babies who don't get their naps makes for long, far less enjoyable days for the whole family.

Because of what seems like a pretty unpredictable/inconsistent experience, we will likely be looking elsewhere when booking our next trip to Miami Beach.

Stayed January 2014
Mariela I, Front Office Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Guest,
I am truly sorry that your room did not meet the high standards that we aspire to maintain at the Alexander. Indeed our suites are al unique however required to follow certain standards.
Your concerns in regards to the cleanliness and inconsistent level of service have all been addressed to the appropriate parties and we have noted your review in our database.
Your positive notes about our breathtaking views and large accommodations have also been noted and we thank you for your balance and candor.
We pride ourselves on providing outstanding service to our Customers and I am disappointed we fell short of your expectations. Thank you again for taking the time to notify us of these issues

Been to The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!