Our second vacation in Miami, second stay at the Alexander and just as good as last year. I had asked for a high floor, seaview and corner location in advance [on recommendation from Tripadvisor reviews], but this combination entailed an Ocean Front Suite which wasn't in my budget, however, the hotel delivered with a beautiful suite on the 17th floor and a very good valet parking rate for our two vehicles.
I have no complaints whatsoever about this hotel and as on our last stay here, we were treated with courtesy and friendliness, by management, frontdesk, valet parking, housekeeping et al. There were a few hiccups with plumbing and the in room safe but they were sorted out very quickly.
Check in was a breeze and there was already a welcome pack awaiting us. Our suite on the [top]17th floor was superberb, large, clean, well equipped and decorated with a great view of the Atlantic Ocean. It was cleaned and serviced everyday needing two housekeeping staff to service it.
Internet access was effortless with the choice of wireless or ethernet connectivity costing $50 for 7 days [$150 for a month], this was comparable to the rate we had in New York a few monthe earlier.
We use the hotel as a base to explore Miami, my family to hit the Malls and me for a spot of deep sea fishing either heading south to Alton, or north to Haulover, marinas and cook either freshly caught fish, or local produce in the well equipped kitchen [which saved a fortune in eating out for a family of four adults].Valet parking is compulsory at $26 per night, however, try and negotiate a better deal in advance especially if you have more than one vehicle.
The hotel has spa and resort facilities but as we didn't used them, I can't comment on them, my family, however, spent some time on the beach which you walk unto from the hotel.
There is nothing but other hotels and residences witihin immediate walikng distance so you will need transport to get to shopping or attractions.
I can recommend this hotel and should we return to Miami, we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. My experience here and most places I've visited is that if you go with an open mind, you will generally have a good experience, if you treat the staff and other guests with respect you will receive the same and better treatment, if you look for something to complain about, you will will find it, after all, if you turn over enough stones, you are certain to find a worm underneath one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy spacious luxury Miami Beach suites accommodations ranging in size from 920 to 1250 square feet, including a master bedroom with attached master bathroom, full kitchen, living and dining room, and a terrace that offers magnificent views of either Miami’s Inter-coastal waterway and the Atlantic Ocean.The Alexander All Suite Oceanfront Resort is a tropical paradise set on an acre of lush gardens with exotic flowers. Relax by our two lagoon-shaped swimming pools or opt for a private poolside cabana. Miami Beach is just steps away where you can sink your toes into the powder-white sands, soak up the sun, and listen to the waves lap along the shoreline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Otel and getaroom.com so you can book your The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Hotel Miami Beach
- Alexander All Suite Oceanfront Resort
- Alexander All Suite Oceanfront Hotel