“A beautiful hotel in a the best location possible” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Tides South Beach

You added The Tides South Beach to your Saves list
The Tides South Beach
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1220 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly King & Grove Tides)   |
Ranked #54 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A beautiful hotel in a the best location possible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

Tides is a beautiful hotel with every consideration taking to make your stay the most comfortable it can be. The rooms are large (for an Art Deco Hotel) and are wonderfully decorated and furnished. The communal areas are very well designed and attractive. The best thing about the hotel however are the staff, I have stayed in hotels the world over and the helpfulness and attention to detail of all the staff at Tides are the best I have come across.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
GeneralManager_Tides, Manager at The Tides South Beach, responded to this review, December 26, 2010
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing The Tides in your last visit to Miami.
I much appreciate your comments and will make sure my team gets the compliments you gave them.
I appreciate your mention about our staff; we at The Tides strongly believe that the small details in service are what really make the difference between service and impeccable service.
Again thank you and we look forward to host you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

This was the last stop of our honeymoon and it certainly didn't disappoint. The room was large and comfortable, and we had a graet view over the beach. We arrived early from an over night flight and the staff made sure we got a room by 9am. We were thrilled!The concierge were super helpful with restuarant reccomendations, shopping tips, booking tours etc. Some reviews complain of the noise, but considering the Hotel is located on the strip famous for bars, you'd be a bit silly to expect it to be quiet late into the evening. THe location is slap bang in the thick of things, which was ideal for us, so you are never far from a cool restuarnts or bars. We had a great time partying in South Beach and the TIdes was a great base. We only had one meal at the hotel, lunch on the terrace, and we couldn't fault it. We used the pool area too, which was a bit small, but why would you want to by the pool all day when there is a beautiful beach on your door step? We'll be back!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

It was a pleasure for us to be part of such an important occasion as your honeymoon, thank you for choosing us.
Please know that your comments will be shared among the Tides Family highlighting our Personal Assistant team.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance for your future visits.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

I spent a long time reviewing South Beach hotels. I originally booked Palmer House because I love to get a real value when travelling. But, this was the first trip that my husband and I had planned (without the kids) in years. So, I decided to spluge on the luxury hotel...The Tides. Now, I have to admit that I was very impressed when we drove up and I was greeted with a "Hello, Mrs. Gantt...we've been waiting for you!". That was pretty awesome...as was the complimentary cocktail. However, in retrospect, I don't think that I would pay an extra $500 a night for that. The hotel was nice, but not amazing. Food at the restaurant was wonderful, but service was very slow. Service in general after check-in was inconsistant and meager at times. We left the room at 8am in the morning and didn't return until 3pm. Our room was still not cleaned. This is at a hotel that claims to service your room twice a day! I was also overcharged at check-out. When I asked to see a breakdown of my room charge, I was told that it was not available. I actually had to email my confirmation to them after I returned home in order for them to figure out the correct charges.
When I return to South Beach, I will not be staying at The Tides. For a $700 room night, I expect much better.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager_Tides, Manager at The Tides South Beach, responded to this review, December 7, 2010
Dear valued guest,

We are truly grateful you chose to stay at The Tides on your most recent trip to South Beach. We have reviewed your comments and are sincerely disheartened to learn that we did not meet your expectations.

I have shared your feedback with our management team and will address the issues you experienced in efforts to consistently provide the service we pride ourselves in.

I hope you give us the opportunity to restore your confidence in us and will look forward to having you stay with us again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at (305) 604-5183, or you can e-mail me at Jorge.gutierrez@thetidesresorts.com.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

The Tides is the best hotel we have ever stayed in and you will not find a better hotel in Miami.

You will see from the other reviews that this place is special: Exceptional food; great style; and perfect location.

But what really makes the experience is the gold star service from staff. We would like to say a special thanks to the following for making our holiday unforgettable.

Francisco – For organising our lives for the week! Thanks for booking the boat trips, tours, restaurants and clubs. All your recommendations were excellent.

Sheralee, and the reception staff – Thanks for the lovely warm welcome and for taking care of each of our needs so promptly and professionally.

Robert and Louis – Thanks for the attentive service and great knowledge of the food and wine menus.

Cecile – Thanks for the amazing cocktails and looking after us at the pool!

We were really sad to leave, but can’t wait to come back to experience the Tides again one day!

Huw and Cat

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager_Tides, Manager at The Tides South Beach, responded to this review, November 27, 2010
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such candid details on your recent experience at The Tides South Beach.

I have shared your comments with my colleagues Francisco, Sheerley, Cecile, Robert, and Louis and they are extremely proud of your mention. Our culinary team is also very grateful for your positive feedback.

We will look forward to having you stay with us again and remain at your service.

Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

Based on the good reviews I chose to stay here for my last 3 nights in Miami. The hotel staff is extremely nice, helpful and efficient. After checking-in I was even brought up a complimentary cocktail, which made me feel like a VIP. All in all, the best staff I ever experienced.

As I said, the service is impeccable and since I didn’t travel with a laptop, they even provided me with one to use in the lobby area.

My corner room was on the 4th floor, with a nice view. The room itself was very stylish, with a huge flat TV screen and extremely clean. The closet was in a separate corner, which gave the feeling of a much bigger room. I couldn’t find fault with the room itself. The only nuisance is that the walls are paper thin and you can hear every word your neighbors are saying. Since mine were partying the whole night, I couldn’t sleep one bit and even after complaining to reception it didn’t help much. But if you want to stay in this area during the weekend or high season this is a common problem.

The location is the best you can have and the hotel provides umbrella and chairs on the beach for free, which I very much enjoyed.

All in all, a perfect choice for South Beach.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Dear valued guest,

We are truly delighted by the feedback you have shared for your recent stay at The Tides South Beach.

I have shared your comments with my colleagues and they are extremely grateful and humbled by your praise.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

* Check-in - friendly and efficient - staff took us to our room to explain everything and provided yummy complimentary cocktails on arrival!
* Service - service provided by staff was excellent - very friendly and helpful - always greeted with a smile.
* Location - on Ocean Drive across the road from the beach (hotel provides free chairs and umbrellas), with plenty of restaurants and bars on the same street - walking distance from Lincoln Road shops.
* Room - we stayed in the Studio Suite - the room was spacious and clean with a fantastic view of the beach and ocean. Bathroom was huge and there was a separate walk-in wardrobe. I loved the Nespresso coffee machine! thinking about buying one for home. Comfortable king size bed.
* Facilities - wonderful pool - small in size but very comfortable but it wasn't busy when we were there - the lunch we had by the pool was very tasty.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Watford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

If you arrive by car there is a valet service. We later discovered that our car was parked in a public car park one block away which charged $20/day. The valet parking was $35 dollars a day.

Overall, we could not fault the hotel. The staff were friendly and courteous and nothing was too much trouble. The chambermaids kept our room extremely spick and span.
The barman was exceptionally good and very entertaining.

We found the restaurant food was excellent.

All-in-all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager_Tides, Manager at The Tides South Beach, responded to this review, November 25, 2010
Dear valued Guest,

We deeply appreciate your review and your comments.
Thank you for highlighting the service from our Housekeeping team as well as our Bartender, I will share this comment with them.
When you return to Miami area do not hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to assist with your details.

Jorge Gutiérrez • Director of Operations
The Tides South Beach
1220 Ocean Drive
Miami Beach
T 3056045070 • F 3055033275

jorge.gutierrez@thetidesresorts.com

Been to The Tides South Beach? Share your experiences!