“Excelente opção em SoBe” 4 of 5 stars

The Kent Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1131 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #140 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Sao Paulo, SP
“Excelente opção em SoBe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Excelente hotel, excellent localization. The vallet parking takes a little longer to bring the car. A lot of restaurants around and really close to the beach. If hotel at Ocean Drive were too expensive or sold out thats the best choice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Location is perfect! You have the beach crossing the street and walking distance to the shops.

Bedrooms are big, clean and neat. Bathrooms are also neat,
The service is good, One of the young man working at the counter, I do not recall he's name but he was so funny with us and very helpful with advising us where to eat and hang out at night.

You are staying at the heart of Miami beach! Good hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I booked this hotel for the Fourth of July weekend and was very pleased. The room was basic and clean, which is fine because I wasn't expecting anything grand. The bathroom is very small...VERY but effective (shower, sink, toilet). The staff was very nice and check in was a breeze. The beach is about a block away along with nightlife, bars, etc. I would definitely book here again. The restaurant attached to the hotel was not so great. I'd rather pay more elsewhere for a quality meal...or at least if you try it don't order the steak!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NIKKIRICH
Colorado Springs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Please, DO NOT do yourself the disservice of staying at this hotel. The hotel reeked of marijuana, the hotel lobby was strewn with people passed out on the sofas, and the "valet service" takes 30 - 60 minutes to pick up your car ( and charge you $22 to do it!). As two young woman traveling together, we did not feel safe. We got numerous sketchy advances just while outside the hotel. We demanded a refund because as U.S. Air Force service members, we cannot be exposed, even minorly, to marijuana. They would not give it to us. They lied that their General Manager also cold not speak to us for the next TWO days. My advice: stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 Thank Holly-Goes-Traveling

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

The Kent hotel was absolutely amazing!
I had an early flight so I paid for the night earlier aswell so I wouldnt be waiting. I arrived in the early afternoon and was warmly greeted by a very nice Puerto Rican man (cannot remember his name!) who gave me a map of the area and showed me some of the Latin hot spots too.
I also was offered authentci Cuban coffee from the housemaid while I was checking in.

The room was great, the only thing that I would have changed would be ASK FOR A ROOM WITH A VIEW! The bed was very comfortable, the TV great size, nice bathroom with a large spa bath.
The interior was beauitful green walls with cream, covered in mirrors.

Overall I loved my stay in this hotel. The staff were always friendly and efficient, very laid back as you would expect from Miami.

The Hotel was in a great location. On Collins Avenue, just behind Ocean Drive where all the life is (it was nice not to be harassed by staff when entering and leaving the hotel).

I will be coming back here when I am back in Miami, would definitely recommend for anyone staying in Miami :)

Room Tip: Ask for either a room with a view (i had a view of the next buildings wall), or a room with a balcon...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Jacqueline M
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The only bad thing about this hotel was waiting to check in. We waited about two hours to be able to check in, which was whack especially when you are tired from traveling all day. Other than that the hotel was nice. All of the hotels on the beach seem to have an out dated structure, but it was still nice. Employees were very accommodating, patient, and friendly!!! I would stay here again and recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I have now stayed at this hotel twice (once this past weekend and about a year ago for my birthday). I chose this hotel because it was inexpensive and clean. The service here is fantastic! Jose works at the front desk and he is hilarious! Apparently there are two guys named Jose and both are hilarious but the one who I saw went above and beyond to help. He helped me print out tickets with no charge as well and even set up the computer for me because I struggle with technology. We came down later and he even stopped to take a picture for us. The room was also really clean and it looks like the bathrooms have recently been renovated because the shower was a railfall faucet and it was heaven. The valet was only $22 which is like $18 cheaper than most places on South Beach. Overall, it was a great experience both times I have stayed at the Kent Hotel and I will be coming back again. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends