“The Kent is a cool place to stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Kent Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1131 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #126 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
West Bloomfield, Michigan
“The Kent is a cool place to stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

The Kent is a small hotel with out a pool. (Who needs a pool when ur steps away from the beach?) They have a nice side bar with good food & drinks. Nothing fancy, but most decently meet all your needs. The guys at check-in & check-out were all cool & helpful. The rooms are clean & neat. This was not my first stay at the Kent & won't be my last.

• Stayed April 2014

599 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We were only at this hotel for 3 nights - it's central enough without being right in the middle of things - although folk do come back to the hotel in the early hours and then stand in the hallways chatting (and walls are thin). We did the bus tour which was fun and the beach is fantastic - huge! Hotel staff reasonably helpful, rooms basic but ok

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We had two rooms...requested non-smoking...one was terrible...had to move. Parking...what a joke..next door there is a lot, $10 per hour max 3 hours. You can park up the street at the public parking for $16 per 24 hours but it fills up late morning on weekends. Can't park on the streets overnight or on weekends unless you have a resident sticker...tow and fine and I saw them out checking. Good location but lots of construction in the street. Rooms basic but clean. Area okay but one block west and you hit tattoo parlors...my wife and I were not comfortable there in the evenings...were there for a concert in a club and walked tot he club. The area is not the same as it was two years ago when I was there. However, Lincoln is still a lot of fun and a couple of blocks northwest on Washington is Espanola Way which was fun. Good restaurants in both places and safe. Lots of shops up on Lincoln.

Room Tip: Be there for the location and the beach. If you want creature comforts stay on Biscayne Bay or ante...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Chose this hotel for location, and it is well situated for exploring SOBe. Tried two rooms as they had given wrong and it took a day to get appropriate one. Manager did follow up on our issues. The rooms are ok, clean, but a bit run down. You might consider first floor rooms, away from street, to get less noise. Furniture worn down and dated. The bathroom has rust and paint peeling of. No air circulation in bathroom so be prepared for damp experience when taking a shower. Note there is a 22usd valet parking fee per day. Reception was friendly, did not recognize what others have complained about.

Room Tip: consider first floor rooms, away from street, to get less noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Altamonte Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

-Front desk staff was not very friendly
-Rooms were very basic/minimalistic
-Beds were hard and uncomfortable
-White sheets had permanent stains
-Plastic sheet mattress cover on the bed
-Small bathroom
-Did not think the room was worth the price, would rather pay more to be more comfortable
-Although in the art deco district, hotel did not seem vintage/artsy - seemed old and not well maintained
-Would not recommend or stay again - there are plenty of over hotels in the area that seemed much nicer

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Greenfield, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Honestly, after reading review upon review of hotels in South Beach leading up to my April vacation, I was really starting to think I wouldn't find anything satisfactory in the price range my group was looking for... eventually I just sucked it up and book the Kent Hotel expecting the bare minimum but also being okay with that. We were just a group of 20-somethings that needed a place to sleep with minimal amenities anyway. After arriving to the hotel, I was happy to see that many of the things I had read in the reviews were not a bother for us. The main lobby was fine, no bugs, rooms were cleaned very well daily, front desk staff and the cleaning staff were also very friendly. Our group's only very MINOR complaints would be that the rooms didn't have microwaves (which we could obviously manage around), that twice a staff member entered our room while we were sitting in there and they never knocked or announced themselves, not very many outlets in the room due to it being an old building, and the strong odor of marijuana on the second floor on several occasions. Like I said, we dealt with all of these things and none of them ruined our trip. The kindness of the staff outweighed any of the negatives. It was in a great location, close to everything, we pretty much walked everywhere, and when we did request our car from the valet service that we used at our hotel, we never waited longer than about 15 minutes for the car. If I ever make it to Miami again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: When we checked in, we were told that we got a room on the quiet side (which I suppose was good). W...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Hotel was booked via booking.com which is the site I prefer to book from because they always seem to have good deals.

I'm a Miami resident so I was expecting the typical rudeness of miami customer service but I was pleasantly surprised. Gentleman at the front desk was courteous and checked me in within minutes.

The room was very clean with wooden floors. Dual sinks in bathroom was a plus including the bathtub/Jacuzzi.

Front desk was usually nice whenever I called. Only problem I had with front desk was that the gentleman couldn't explain to me how to operate the room safe. He insisted that the instructions were on the door of the safe which wasn't true.

Other drawback to this hotel is the fact the ice machine is located on the first floor. Hallways are very hot but the a/c in the rooms work great.

Clearly the location of this hotel was good. Not easy to catch a cab due to road construction in front of hotel.

I would stay here again and I would recommend this place to friends. Hopefully you'll enjoy your stay should you decide to go to this place.

• Stayed April 2014

Been to Kent Hotel? Share your experiences!