“Great location, friendly staff.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Kent Hotel to your Saves list
Kent Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1131 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #139 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Great location, friendly staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in September with my two friends. We were able to check in early and the staff were friendly and helpful, especially the towel man. The rooms were clean and the cleaners were also very welcoming.

The hotel is in the perfect location and only one block back from the beach. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel.

I would not recommend eating at the hotel restaurant. My friends and I went there on the first night and ordered appetizers. The food was horrible and was fried oven food. We ordered cocktails and they were in small cups. The waiter was also very rude and when we asked for sauce that was meant to come with the food we ordered he told us on two occasions he would be back only to go out the front and talk to his friends and bring it to our table after we finished eating. There were two other families eating in the restaurant when we were there and they also complained about the service.

• Stayed September 2013
Eddie N, General Manager at Kent Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Jessica, thank you for the kind words about the hotel. Even though we do not own or manage the restaurant, the feedback they receive is important to us as we have a mutual interest in our clients, I will forward this review to the owners of the Garden Bar and Grill so they are aware of guest opinions about their establishment. Once again, thank you for the positive review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here a while ago for two nights after a cruise and I don't know why I didn't write a review sooner! The staff at the front desk were absolutely amazing! They helped us with all questions we had and were very friendly. They even arranged an Everglades tour for us and gave us some recommendations when we were trying to decide what tours to do. It is so convenient that they have tour info and most pick you up right at the hotel! It was great and we really appreciated the helpful advice from the front desk staff!

As for the hotel itself; it was super clean and our standard room was great! It had a very "hip" vibe and was everything you'd expect a South Beach hotel to be, in my opinion. We had never stayed at "boutique hotel" before and i wasn't sure what to expect. We were so glad we tried it because it was a great experience and i would recommend to anyone for sure!

We cruise quite often and plan on coming back to Miami again soon. We will for sure choose to stay at Kent and will be bringing another couple with us this time ! (Hopefully they have availability!)

Awesome time!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Chelsea for your kind and positive words, please contact us directly if you plan on staying at the hotel again, we do take into account repeat clients and would offer you a better rate than you can find online.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I enjoyed the hotel and its staff: Chris and Joel were very helpful with making our stay a pleasing experience with their courteousness. Also, their house man was very observant and would take our beach towels when we arrived and kept the lobby clean.We never needed a cab and Jose gave us great recommendations to eat withing walking distance. The closest's are huge! Our rooms were always clean and tidy when we arrived but the housekeepers wouldn't always turn off the lights or close the doors completely, which is a serious security issue. The restaurant also hired a jerk promoter that you should avoid unless you like begin scammed. Considering it was a holiday weekend, we had a great stay and the hotel is perfect for people that like to explore the area!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest, thank you for the positive review, I will be using this review to educate our housekeeping staff on properly closing the doors, our guests safety is the most important priority of our operation, this will be corrected immediately I assure you. With regards to the restaurant promoter, this is a decision solely made by the restaurant as we do not own or manage that business, but I will be speaking with the restaurants owners and bringing this review to light, anything that they do that is a detriment to our clients or the service you receive will not be tolerated. I thank you for pointing these issues out, and I'm very happy to see that in your eyes the hotel still deserved a positive review and did not let those things affect how you scored our establishment. Thank you once again!
Lee's Summit, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here on the Sunday night before we embarked on our cruise out of the Port of Miami. Just one block from Ocean Drive and just short blocks up & down from everything! We arrived in a cab from the airport around 2:45, and checked our luggage into a small room while we grabbed drinks at The Clevelander and waited for our room to be ready. Went back an hour later, upgraded our room to a king-size suite facing Collins Ave for a small tip, showered & went back out. The staff is cool. The room/bathroom were cool, modern. The a/c was cold! The alarm clock had an iPhone mount so we could listen to music while we got ready. We checked out at noon the next day, and then checked our bags into that room again while we grabbed lunch at the Eleventh Street Diner and did some shopping. When we got back at 2:30, they called a cab for us, which was there in 2 minutes to take us to the Port. For not planning any of the details, this was a smooth trip. We'd definitely go back to The Kent.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Collins Ave are large with a great view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, thank you for the positive review, very happy to read that you had a smooth and successful trip, and that staff accommodated you any way they could. Good value is definitely the preferred words that we want our clients to remember when they think of our hotel!

P.S. Thank you for your service (FormerArmyBrat)
Miami Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

+ Location very close to the beach, lots of good restaurants close
+ Overall clean, good room, rain shower
- Room service always very late, or no service at all. Once they took our towels and we didn't get new ones until next afternoon!!
- One guy at the reception "lied" to us about the content of the Everglades tour
- Very thin walls, if some drunk people party around in the hotel you'll absolutely going to hear it (but that's more or less normal for Miami Beach)

Overall: It's clean and has A/C as well as a refrigerator but the service is quite poor

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest, I'am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay, I will comment on the "cons" you wrote about since the pros are clearly welcomed. Room Service: this clearly should never happen, unless there is a do not disturb sign on the door of your room you should be receiving daily service, not having enough towels is unacceptable, if this ever occurs please contact the front desk, we have extra towels on hand at any given time in case this happens (I do not condone this, as it should not happen in the first place) Tours: I would be hesitant to say any staff member lied about any tour, since the contents of what you get from the tour are clearly written down on the tour book that is used to inform the client, but I do want to speak to you to find out about the details of that conversation and what was actually delivered by the tour company to you, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience, either by phone (305-604-5068) or via Email (sales@thekenthotel.com) - Thin Walls: not much that I have to mention here, since you are correct, most hotels in South Beach were built in the 30's and 40's, sound proofing was not up to par at those times they way they are now, so if you have rowdy guests, this can definitely be a problem.
Bradenton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

hotel was tastefully furnished in an IKEA kind of way. Staff very helpful and pleasant. good location. room was quiet. Valet parking was an issue. My car was almost ticketed while waiting for the valet service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive review, I'm glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel - I also want to point out, that if for some reason your car would have been ticketed due to Valet's inability to pick it up quick enough you do not have to worry about a thing, we will make sure that the Valet company pays for that ticket and not our guests!
Redcliffe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

my husband and i stayed here in july 2013 for 2 nights. we arrived early so had a few hours to wait til our room was ready, we didnt mind, the man at reception took and stored our bags, told us where we could have lunch at a nice cuban restaurant.

rooms were clean, fresh, bed was ok, my husbands back didnt think it was comfy tho, bathroom was small and the hallway had an odd smell.

overall hotel was in nice central location, good for the price we paid. staff were excellent!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Eddie N, Front Office Manager at Kent Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Andrea,

Thank you for the positive review - I'm sorry that your husband's back did not like the bed, please contact us if you can and let us know what room you stayed in (you may email me at sales@thekenthotel.com) I'll inspect the room myself to see if his complaints are valid, maybe we need to have the entire bed replaced! We have Air Freshener systems placed throughout the hallways, at this moment we are using an Orange/Grapefruit oil that is supposed to give a pleasant citrus smell on the hallways, I wonder if this is the smell you encountered? Some people think it is too strong, and I can agree, at least when a new bottle is placed on the system it is really a potent smell for the first few days, but since we receive lots of praise on the smell in general it's use has been continued.

Been to Kent Hotel? Share your experiences!