“budget boutique needs some T.L.C.” 3 of 5 stars

Kent Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1131 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #125 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
new york city
“budget boutique needs some T.L.C.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Overall this is a fine, budget boutique oriented place to stay in a great SoBe location one block from beach and surrounded by bars, restaurants and shops all in walking distance. I had a room on the third floor front with good light and a decent view, it was pretty quiet despite looking over Collins Ave. There's a nice big flatscreen TV and a minifridge, however, no drawers are provided for clothes so you have to place them on the closet shelf, there's certainly enough room to have even a small dresser so the hotel should provide one. Also much needed is a comfortable chair to sit in, not the 2 aluminum desk chairs provided that are painful after a couple of minutes sitting in them. Again the room is big enough for a lounge or club style chair so the hotel should provide one (the deluxe king rooms/suites have them). The bathroom is decent and has a rain shower with slate-like tiles providing some style, with plenty of new towels. The queen size bed is comfy enough, but the base is very squeaky and should be replaced. All in all not bad for a budget boutique with few frills considering the price paid, so I'd stay again, It'd be very easy for the management to upgrade this hotel a bit as mentioned - with new chairs and dressers in rooms, so they should just do it. For anyone who appreciates architecture the building itself is an art deco gem with some great details from that era, just like much of SoBe.

Room Tip: Upper floor corners are the best and biggest facing the front.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
zero11382, General Manager at Kent Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Guest thank you for the positive review, some of your suggestions are actually already planned for 2013 and the others will definitely be taken into consideration!

640 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Phuket
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Really nice to stay in Miami, firstly we got upgraded to a king size room which was a nice touch, really nice room. The bathroom needs some refurbishment work but think the hotel is in the middle of it.
Want to say a big thank you to the front desk staff who held are camera we left behind for us and made sure UPS picked it up and delivered it to us.
Not cheap, but no place in south beach is, recomended!!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you Rick for the great review, happy to hear your belongings were safely stored and you were able to get them back quickly!
Roma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed at Kent for the last two days an have to spend my last night there, can't wait this to be over. The elevator safety certificate expired two months ago. Every time you take a ride on that elevator the door slams very violently and in a dangerous way. Both the halls and the room smell badly. We were welcomes by a receptionist playing guitar with his feet on the table; I'm not kidding!! The bathroom door in my room does not open because it bumps on the toilet. It's been two days I cannot sleep because the rooms are very noisy, both because of noise within the room (very noisy AC and refrigerator that I had to unplug to let me sleep) and because of the noise outside the room: I can hear the elevator door slamming all night long, my neighboring hotel guests screaming or having intimate times, and such. Bathroom is questionably cleaned. I asked to change my room because of the issues above and staff confirmed availability in the morning only to refuse it on the very next evening. Most times staff is rude at you and unhelpful. In summary, it is being an horrible experience and i hope I will be done with it very soon. Do not go to the Kent!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Alessandro, I'm very sorry to read your review and imagine the poor experience you must have had - please contact me at your earliest convenience to sales@thekenthotel.com or via phone to 305-604-5068 (Ext. 3001) - I would like to speak to you personally to find out the details about your stay, and to see if there is anything we could do to make it up to you and earn your trust once again. I can tell you though that the elevator certificate being expired is correct, but it does not mean that the elevator is not up to code, the City inspects it twice a year and for some reason they take quite a long time sending out the certificates, I can assure you with a 100% certainty it was inspected and approved even with the new certificate not on the property yet.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Just an average hotel in a great location, If you want to be right in south beach and are looking for a bargain stay here. The rooms were decent and tidy. It may be a little rowdy late night on the weekends but it is south beach. I would stay again if on a budget.

• Stayed December 2011
Thank you Kyle for the positive review!
Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I booked this room online as it was a bit cheaper than what their website offered. The staff was extremely friendly and personable. They worked hard to get a room ready for me because I was a bit early. While I was checking in I was able to chat with the cleaning lady and she personally made sure my room was spotless. My room was very clean, and a good firm bed (which I love), but the room only had a shower. That's fine with me.

Room Tip: I had room 101. I could hear hall noise occasionally but I was right by the front desk. No funny s...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest thank you for the great review!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I stayed her with my boyfriend this weekend and I had a wonderful time. The staff is great. We checked in with Jose who greeted us with a smile. He was very informative and was looking out for our best interest. We felt right at home and everyone was very polite and attentive. The rooms were very nice and clean. It's a great place to enjoy what Miami beach has to offer. Miami beach is about partying, relaxing on the beach and taking it easy. We will be back and also let our friends know that this is where it's at.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you Carmen for the great review, as a hotelier I do not think there is a better compliment than saying it was "your home away from home"! I'm glad to read that staff took great care of you.

Been to Kent Hotel? Share your experiences!