“Nothing fancy but priced right.” 3 of 5 stars

Kent Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1131 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #123 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nothing fancy but priced right.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Just an average hotel in a great location, If you want to be right in south beach and are looking for a bargain stay here. The rooms were decent and tidy. It may be a little rowdy late night on the weekends but it is south beach. I would stay again if on a budget.

• Stayed December 2011
zero11382, General Manager at Kent Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you Kyle for the positive review!

637 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I booked this room online as it was a bit cheaper than what their website offered. The staff was extremely friendly and personable. They worked hard to get a room ready for me because I was a bit early. While I was checking in I was able to chat with the cleaning lady and she personally made sure my room was spotless. My room was very clean, and a good firm bed (which I love), but the room only had a shower. That's fine with me.

Room Tip: I had room 101. I could hear hall noise occasionally but I was right by the front desk. No funny s...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest thank you for the great review!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I stayed her with my boyfriend this weekend and I had a wonderful time. The staff is great. We checked in with Jose who greeted us with a smile. He was very informative and was looking out for our best interest. We felt right at home and everyone was very polite and attentive. The rooms were very nice and clean. It's a great place to enjoy what Miami beach has to offer. Miami beach is about partying, relaxing on the beach and taking it easy. We will be back and also let our friends know that this is where it's at.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you Carmen for the great review, as a hotelier I do not think there is a better compliment than saying it was "your home away from home"! I'm glad to read that staff took great care of you.
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I thought the location was good,but i had to pay $25.00 a day to park my rental car. i received no help from the front desk. I thought that for $170.00 a night plus all the taxes it was sooo not worth it. Friday night when trying to sleep the music was pounding the walls till 5:30 AM. There was no coffee or fridge nothing in the room not even a clock. I will never stay there again. Also charged for internet.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, I would appreciate it if you could contact me at sales@thekenthotel or to the hotel directly (305-604-5068 Ext. 3001) as i would like to speak to you about your stay, I do not think you stayed at our hotel and mistakenly posted this review on our site, the reason I think this is because we only charge $20.00 for Valet Parking, not $25.00 - also, the hotel does not have a lounge or club inside that would cause music to continue until 5:30 A.M., unless you meant to say that it was another guest, furthermore all of our rooms have small fridges inside (but we do not have coffee provided in our rooms) and not only do we have a clock on the nightstands but our Ipod Radios also have clocks on them, lastly we provide free Wi-Fi service, we do not even have a mechanism in place to charge for internet - if you would so kind, please contact me at your earliest convenience.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Perfect location. We took the Miami Dade Transit for $ 2.25 from the airport and got off on 12th and Washington and walked over 1 block to Collins Ave. The Kent was 1 block from the beach. Theres alot of shops and resturants within walking distance. Clean rooms. We arrived at 11am so they put our bags in a room until checkin and we were able to explore south beach until 3pm Nice staff.It was my turn to pick the hotel were we would stay. I had a party of 10 coming from St Louis,Atlanta, Chicago and Indianapolis and everyone was satisfied with my choice. This is a great hotel and very affordable. We know were to stay from now on when we go to South beach.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you Richetta for the wonderful review, please feel free to reach out to me (Eddie Nunez) whenever you plan another trip to South Beach!
Braunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The hotel and rooms were clean, well decorated and whilst there are no bar or restaurant facilities on site everything you need is with in steps of the hotel.
It is close to beach, restaurants, shops and is an ideal location to do all that you need to do in South Beach.
Reception staff were 'matter of fact' but the concierge, Franscois, was VERY helpful and gave us lots of places to go and see and helped with an amazing restaurant choice, even getting us a table at short notice, reducing our wait enormously!
For the cost this is a good hotel and my wife and I would stay there again when we return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
zero11382, General Manager at Kent Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Guest thank you for the wonderful review, we are happy to hear Francois helped you out immensely and that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Kent Hotel? Share your experiences!