“Vacation” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #129 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Vacation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I thought the location was good,but i had to pay $25.00 a day to park my rental car. i received no help from the front desk. I thought that for $170.00 a night plus all the taxes it was sooo not worth it. Friday night when trying to sleep the music was pounding the walls till 5:30 AM. There was no coffee or fridge nothing in the room not even a clock. I will never stay there again. Also charged for internet.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
zero11382, General Manager at Kent Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Guest, I would appreciate it if you could contact me at sales@thekenthotel or to the hotel directly (305-604-5068 Ext. 3001) as i would like to speak to you about your stay, I do not think you stayed at our hotel and mistakenly posted this review on our site, the reason I think this is because we only charge $20.00 for Valet Parking, not $25.00 - also, the hotel does not have a lounge or club inside that would cause music to continue until 5:30 A.M., unless you meant to say that it was another guest, furthermore all of our rooms have small fridges inside (but we do not have coffee provided in our rooms) and not only do we have a clock on the nightstands but our Ipod Radios also have clocks on them, lastly we provide free Wi-Fi service, we do not even have a mechanism in place to charge for internet - if you would so kind, please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Perfect location. We took the Miami Dade Transit for $ 2.25 from the airport and got off on 12th and Washington and walked over 1 block to Collins Ave. The Kent was 1 block from the beach. Theres alot of shops and resturants within walking distance. Clean rooms. We arrived at 11am so they put our bags in a room until checkin and we were able to explore south beach until 3pm Nice staff.It was my turn to pick the hotel were we would stay. I had a party of 10 coming from St Louis,Atlanta, Chicago and Indianapolis and everyone was satisfied with my choice. This is a great hotel and very affordable. We know were to stay from now on when we go to South beach.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you Richetta for the wonderful review, please feel free to reach out to me (Eddie Nunez) whenever you plan another trip to South Beach!
Braunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The hotel and rooms were clean, well decorated and whilst there are no bar or restaurant facilities on site everything you need is with in steps of the hotel.
It is close to beach, restaurants, shops and is an ideal location to do all that you need to do in South Beach.
Reception staff were 'matter of fact' but the concierge, Franscois, was VERY helpful and gave us lots of places to go and see and helped with an amazing restaurant choice, even getting us a table at short notice, reducing our wait enormously!
For the cost this is a good hotel and my wife and I would stay there again when we return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
zero11382, General Manager at Kent Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Guest thank you for the wonderful review, we are happy to hear Francois helped you out immensely and that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again soon!
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I traveled to Miami for the first time this year to celebrate my birthday and I have 0 complaints. I was less concerned with glitz and glam and more with location and cleanliness. My stay was great!! The room was always clean and smelled fresh. You can walk right around the corner to hit the beach and tons of restaurants with Happy Hour specials. I did get my $'s worth and I plan to stay here again when I return to Miami.

Room Tip: You may want to opt for the suite if you need lots of space.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest thank you for the great review, this is what I hope to read everytime I look on Tripadvisor!
Kearny, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Got a good rate off hotels.com. No pool but close to the beach, rooms were clean, the staff was very helpful. The hotel is old and the crowd is pot smoking young , so if that's what you are looking for , you'll get your money worth.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Alice thank you for your review, it's unfortunate that sometimes our other guests can leave a bad impression of our hotel on others, I'm glad to see it did not affect your ranking of our establishment!
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have been in the Kent Hotel in Miami Beach for around a week. It was a nice stay with friendly staff. The receptionists help you whenever you need help, and for whatever you need help, simply cool they have always a joke in their pocket to make your day better :D. Also the rooms were cleaned regularly and were quite comfotable.

All in all I would recommend this hotel to everybody who wants to be taken good care of and stay at a good spot close to all happenings in Miami.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest thank you for the wonderful review, we hope to have you back on site soon!!
Curacao
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We were here for hitting up Ocean Drive, which it is the perfect hotel for since it is right around the block. The room was spartan, but clean and completely outfitted, with a tv, fridge, safe and even had amenities in the bathroom. It can get pretty noisy, depending on the drunkness of your neighbors...

The reception area looks better than the rest of the hotel, but all in all, I reckon it's a great place to stay if you're partying in Miami Beach. It's cheap and conveniently located...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Thomas thank you for the positive review.