“Great hotel for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Kent Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1131 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #127 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Kearny, New Jersey, United States
“Great hotel for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Got a good rate off hotels.com. No pool but close to the beach, rooms were clean, the staff was very helpful. The hotel is old and the crowd is pot smoking young , so if that's what you are looking for , you'll get your money worth.

• Stayed October 2012
zero11382, General Manager at Kent Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Alice thank you for your review, it's unfortunate that sometimes our other guests can leave a bad impression of our hotel on others, I'm glad to see it did not affect your ranking of our establishment!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have been in the Kent Hotel in Miami Beach for around a week. It was a nice stay with friendly staff. The receptionists help you whenever you need help, and for whatever you need help, simply cool they have always a joke in their pocket to make your day better :D. Also the rooms were cleaned regularly and were quite comfotable.

All in all I would recommend this hotel to everybody who wants to be taken good care of and stay at a good spot close to all happenings in Miami.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest thank you for the wonderful review, we hope to have you back on site soon!!
Curacao
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We were here for hitting up Ocean Drive, which it is the perfect hotel for since it is right around the block. The room was spartan, but clean and completely outfitted, with a tv, fridge, safe and even had amenities in the bathroom. It can get pretty noisy, depending on the drunkness of your neighbors...

The reception area looks better than the rest of the hotel, but all in all, I reckon it's a great place to stay if you're partying in Miami Beach. It's cheap and conveniently located...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Thomas thank you for the positive review.
Newcastle upon Tyne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I am currently in the middle of a 2 week tour up the east coast of the USA. This was my first stop. First let me say that the location is excellent, and the room not bad,clean but noisy, with a more than adequate bathroom. Here is where it stops. The reception area was dingy and unwelcoming with miserable reception staff. There was even a full blooded argument between some hotel staff in front of me. There are no onsite facilities to speak of, no restaurant or cafe, or even from what I coud see no vending machines. There was also a problem with my booking when I arrived,as I was told that my reservation had been cancelled the day before my arrival, which was news to me. I had to make an expensive call to my travel agent in the UK to establish that there was no problem from their end. It was all sorted out eventually, but if it hadn't been I was told I would have to pay for the accommodation again. Not a good experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest, I'm sorry to hear about your experience, if you could reach out to me so that I can speak to you about your stay in detail it would be greatly appreciated (sales@thekenthotel.com or 305-604-5068 Ext. 3010) - our employees should never argue in front of guests, much less in the lobby - the hotel is currently trying to find a new operator for our restaurant space, the previous operator had to close down due to the lack of business, with that said we do have a vending machine on site and I'm surprised to hear you were not aware of it. I cannot comment much on the details of your reservation since I'm not privy to that infomration at this time but I can assure you that if the room was canceled the night before it was at the request of your travel agency or a 3rd party working in between which we find happens much too often.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

First let me say location was pretty much the only one thing that was great about the Kent Hotel. Not only was I not impressed with the overall experience but there were no "Hotel accommodations" there was no in house restaurant nor a "continental breakfast" offered. We paid $122.00 for a room that looked like it should have been in a murder mystery movie. If you think you may get a good night's sleep think again. The other guests you can hear as if they are in your room. My advice to the owners of this establishment, fix it up. Do right by your guests who pay good money to stay here.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Mike, I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Your statement about the lack of a restaurant is correct, hence the lack of a "continental breakfast" being available since there is no functioning restaurant on site. Unfortunately the restaurant owners had to close due to the lack of sales, we continue to work tirelessly to find a good fit for our restaurant space so that meals can once again be offered at the property. I would appreciate if you contacted me personally either by phone or email (sales@thekenthotel.com) to find out why, aside from the restaurant, you do not feel the hotel is up to par, the review lacked details and the opinions of our guests are ultimately what we need to know to improve our property.
Dudley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

After 2 weeks of camping we were extremely happy to be welcomed by the Kent! A great hotel with good service. Very clean rooms and well equipped bathroom - towels, shower gel etc. Only little niggle was that it took just over a half hour to check in - this was apparently due to a new system that had been installed but it was getting ridiculous after a while!

The hotel its self is modern and there is free wifi which was very handy. Location was also great, walking distance to south beach, Lincoln Rd etc. Had great stay here however and would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest thank you for the great review! We are so sorry that it took too long to check-in, we did experience a few hiccups with the conversion to our new property management system but I would like you to know those have been resolved for weeks and a standard check-in nowadyas would take less than 5 minutes! Once again thank you for your confidence in our property and for your kind words!
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed one night at the Kent. The location is perfect (block from beach and surrounded by entertainment/dining).The 12:00 checkout was especially nice- most hotels in South Beach have an 11:00 checkout. That extra hour helps when you're out late the night before! If you are looking for clean and convenient accommodations, this place fits the bill.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you Cortney for the great review! Very happy you enjoyed your stay with us, hope to have you back soon!

Been to Kent Hotel? Share your experiences!