“Please don't go by hotels website pictures !!!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Marseilles Hotel

Save Saved
You added Marseilles Hotel to your Saves list
Marseilles Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #116 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“Please don't go by hotels website pictures !!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2005

HELLO,

I was very dissapointed with this hotel. The rooms need major renovations. This hotel is nothing like the pictures on their website. Rooms are very small, beds are old and squeaky, very basic amenities. WOULD STAY AT OTHER HOTEL IN THE FUTURE.

• Stayed July 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Polish first
Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2005

We choose this hotel from the pictures on the internet. Well this hotel is definitly not anything like the pictures.

I found a cockroach in my room and my friend found a white worm in her milk!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now thats what I call disgusting.

It is not because the hotel is inexpensive that it has to be dirty.

The rooms are small, so are alot of hotel rooms in Europe, I personally didn't mind the size but hygene should be a priority.

I do not reccomend this hotel.................

• Stayed June 2005
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2005

My boyfriend and I stayed over the memorial day weekend - as such this hotel was extremely overpriced. The hotel stunk, the food was terrible, the people there were extremely rude. There were people let into the hotel who didn't have a room who ran up and down the hallways the whole night, yelling and screaming. We called reception to advise them of the situation, but nothing was done about it. It was a terrible experience - the worst place I've stayed at to date - even backpacking hostels are better! Trust me - do NOT come here.

New Orelans, LA.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2005

Just got back last night-
1)ROOMS: All of the cheaper rooms are small, especailly if you get a double- BUT, VERY WELL DECORATED AND SPOTLESS! What they lacked in size, they made up for in understated designer decor. REMEMBER, these are remodeled old hotels; the bathrooms are all art deco tile, but very well reworked! We got a double(my boyfriend and I) and it was OK, the frig. worked well and the beds were VERY comforatble!!! CHARLIE at the front desk was very helpful-ask him for insider info. to eats and clubs. Fitness room below lobby.
Next time, I'm going to ask about the SUITES...not many avail., but they are 5 times larger- have full kitchenettes and a balcony-some with direct ocean views- ASK ABOU THEM, because I didn't see them advertised anywhere!
2)LOCATION:Fantastic...1 block away from Lincoln blvd.-pedestrian mall-great designed knock-offs of everything, plus lots of boutique style clothing stores with trendy pieces= Just what any girl with expensive taste on a budget could ask!! For serious designer shopping (ie. serious financial damage)-go to Ocean drive(starts at 15th and Collins) or lower SOBE (around 5th/6th st.) All things Vercace are there!!!
The Cuban rest. just down the street- has excellent baked chicken with saffron rice and veggies-plus their coffee stand is open 24/7-great midnight snacks. Also, the hotel has a cute cafe in front (we didn't wake up early enough to eat their breakfeast)
3)BEACH:Rent the YELLOW STRIPES umbrellas on the beach in back of the hotel-they were much more accomodating than the "blue umbrella people"- They let us stay on the beach until 6PM when the other company made us leave at 5PM the day before. (LOOK FOR THE CUBAN GUY WHO WEARS WHITE SOCKS INSTEAD OF SHOES-HE WORKS FOR THEM -we called him"Senor Socks", he was VERY ACCOMODATING-don't forget to tip him well- it got us an extra chair for an unexpected friend plus a primo location and great service all day) Made sandwhiches for the beach, froze choc. bars and brought our own drinks- we were happy campers!!(Don't forget your thong bikini- almost naked is normal there, PLUS you may get better service:)
4)CLUBS: If your into the party scene, save your money for what really matters: clothes and clubs. SPACE (downtown) IS THE LARGEST DANCE CLUB IN THE US- costs about $12-15 to get there by taxi and cover is usually $20 bucks-ask the staff if they know the password-you may get in free.(YOU CAN BUY TICKETS TO SOME NIGHTS AHEAD OF TIME AND NOT HAVE TO WAIT IN THE "AVERAGE JOE" LINE- check Space's website in the hotel's lobby to se what's goin on) Get there before 11PM so you won't have to wait in line too long.. Lots of other great clubs on SOBE too-just ran out of time)
5)FOOD:Made sandwhiches and brought them to the beach so we could spend our money on what really mattered- clubs, clothes and great dining at night. On ESPANOLA WAY(a trendy ave. with great boutique rest.)-about 5 blocks away, up Washington, ZULA's is the best kept secret- a little pricey ($19-25 per entree)but worth it - Try to get a table outside- you feel like youve gone to Europe. The sushi-quality Tuna was unbelievable- the Salmon dish always excellent-(BONUS:You get 2-1 cocktails with meal-and always go with one of the chefs specials)
!IMPORTANTE:GO WITH A LAID BACK ATTITUDE, A MYSTIC TAN AND YOUR SEXIEST CLOTHES;you'll feel like you live their instead of just being a tourist!! Can't wait to go back!!!

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2005

This hotel was really nice. The staff was really nice and the hotel itself was clean. It's located right on the heart of South beach. It's within minutes to clubs and restaurants. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is trying to pay less at a descent hotel in Miami.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2005

I and my friend booked a room for this hotel under the impression that we would be sleeping in a double bed bedroom and instead walked into a hotel room with a king size bed. Upon arrival at the front desk there were problems with other customers complaining of rooms not being what they booked...When asked about the room and why it was not what we booked, Patty, the so called hotel manager gave an attitude and said thats what they had and thats what we are going to get and to basically deal with it. After much going back and forth and me putting her in her place we had to end up switching hotels to the Riande, which I made the Marseilles book at the lowest rate possible, which was not that much better looks wise but staff wise they were wonderful and we had a MUCH bigger room with DOUBLE BEDS. Warning to others, DO NOT EVER STAY AT THE MARSEILLES. The staff was very rude, with the exception of a guy named Julian and a manager named Peter. The staff also claims that when you book the hotel room through the call center, that they don't have anything to do with the room that you were told you would receive. Which did not make any sense. The hotel room was very tiny and the bathroom was nasty and small as well. When you walked into the lobby it smelled as old as dust. I should have just went ahead and booked a room at the Park Central on Ocean as I had planned. Next time I KNOW better and if you are smart, you would take heed to this warning. DON'T STAY AT THE MARSEILLES.

• Stayed April 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2005

I went to Miami on April 29-May 2, 2005. We had a standard room, with double beds! Okay let me start by sayin' it was 4 of us, and we were cramped up in this little room!!! It really is toooooo small for 4 people. The restrooms are old and really needs a upgrade!!! NOT TO MENTION THE TOILET OVERFLOWED! Don't be fooled!!! The hotel doen't look like the pic's on the internet!! Even though all the art deco hotels look old and like they all need some work! I would recommend staying on Collins Ave., or Ocean Drive because it's near everything! Overall the hotel was okay but we did have some problems...... and If it's got a cheap rate get it!

• Stayed April 2005

Been to Marseilles Hotel? Share your experiences!