“1st Visit to South Beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marseilles Hotel

You added Marseilles Hotel to your Saves list
Marseilles Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Special Offer
Winter Getaway
Ranked #124 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Temple, Georgia
“1st Visit to South Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Upon arrival we were confused as to where to park and how we needed to handle our luggage/check-in and such. The front door staff was quick to meet us at our car and direct us as to where to go. He was very courteous. The hotel is not bad at all for the price and location. The pool was great, but construction on the patio area/beach access not complete . It wasn't too bad walking around the block to go to the beach. Room was small but we didn't need anything bigger. There is a noise factor, but considering you're on Collins Dr., South Beach - It's to be expected. Our stay was quite pleasant.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Andrej B, Guest Relations Manager at Marseilles Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for the kind review. Indeed, Collins Avenue is very busy and with limited space for any driveways. We are one of the few hotels on this block that have our own parking lot available for self parking based upon availability. We thank you for choosing the Marseilles hotel and invite you to stay with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I strongly advise against anyone from staying here. Less than 24 hours before arrival, I received an email saying that the pool "may" be closed because they "may" require a city permit for some construction. Upon arrival, we discovered that the pool area clearly has been under construction for a while. This meant not only that there was no pool access, there was also no direct access to the beach - which was the ONLY reason why we paid that much money to stay there. (The email said nothing about the lack of direct access to the beach. We could have easily paid for another room across the street for much less.) Their email also said that we would be receiving free beach chairs and umbrellas, except they did not mention that it was already included in the resort fee that was already charged to my credit card. When we asked that the resort fee be waived, they gave us a hard time about it. They finally agreed to it, but the refund has yet to show up on my credit card, and I highly doubt they will refund me without me calling them out on it. The staff was shockingly rude from start to finish, acting like we were crazy for being upset about the lack of direct beach access - something that they prominently advertise. They did not understand that a little bit of hospitality would have gone a long way.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Please accept my sincere apology for any misunderstanding. Our main swimming pool was already opened, however to finalize all stages of the build of the second pool, jacuzzi and bar, all pools are closed until further notice. Also for this reason the beach is accessible only through streets that are less than half of the block away from the front entrance of the hotel. We are glad that we did not charge for any resort fee, and were able to add some value to your stay. Any refund will show up on your statement in a matter of few business days and the exact time depends on the bank of the card. On our website there is no mention of direct beach access however we are making accommodations for all our guests to enjoy a beautiful heated pool at our sister hotel across the street. We regret that your stay didn’t meet your expectations and we hope your next stay with us will be better.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I picked this hotel for a short stay in Miami based upon price and location. The pictures shown for the hotel make it look far better than it actually is, don't be fooled. The room was old, outdated and not clean. I was awoken in the middle of the night by a terrible ringing sound, when I tried to call the front desk I discovered the phone wasn't even plugged in. The only redeeming quality was the pool and the nice pool staff. I suggest do a bit more digging and find a better hotel.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Thank You for taking the time to share your experience. We apologize for not making your stay perfect, as we strive to do so with every guest, every time. We will address the defect with the telephone, and any noise issues or disturbances are treated with an urgency. We are even now undergoing a multi-million dollar updates to the property, Our boutique rooms have been redesigned and reinvented. We are building a beautiful new cabana area for our guests, When finished, our cabanas, dipping pool, outdoor bar, and floating beds are going to be incredible. We hope you will visit us again in the future so that we can provide you with a memorable stay.
Ljubljana, Slovenia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We /family of 4/ had two queen beds, which were soft and sleeping qualtiy was poor.
If you stay more than one night don't take a room looking on Collins Ave, since it can be a lots of traffic.
Happy hour for cocktails is a good pick. Good breakfast, free only for adults, had to pay for kids???
Free 8 ball pool and wifi.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Adirondacks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We wanted to be in the thick of Miami Beach's action and not have to walk and walk to the beach or to the dining scene. The Marseilles let us do it affordably. A few doors down, hotels like the Delano and Loews charged more than quadruple per night what we paid. I get that in exchange we got smaller and much less luxurious rooms, but they were clean, adequate, and very comfortable. The hotel is very well run with a courteous staff, from the bellman opening the door to the chambermaids. Every time we needed extras such as more shampoo or towels, our response was met quickly and courteously.

Disclaimer: don't come to this town looking for tranquility and quiet. It's a party town and many of the guests were in a raucous mood, late into the evening. Great happy hour and a cute little restaurant with a patio that overlooks bustling Collins Avenue.

Room Tip: Request a room not near the elevators - it's an area that tends to be very noisy.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great Access to the beach and Right 0n Collins Ave where everything is happening as well as it is located a few blocks away from Lincoln Road with all of its shops and restaurants. You get a true sense of South Beach and the vibe from this home base.
The staff are very friendly and attentive to the guests. You can tell immediately that this is a family owned and run operation( I asked) as it does not have the glossy, synthetic corporate feel to the place as the others on this strip. This hotel is worth your time and money and it is nice to feel in South Beach that you have not overpaid for your vacation.

Room Tip: ask for higher floor if available with great view of ocean
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The single worst stay at an "upscale" hotel I have ever had the displeasure to experience. This is a borderline motel. I'm not sure where to begin, so let's start with the worst. There is no hotel security, and it's to the point where there's not even a door man. The locals apparently know this and stole my phone out of my hand in their restaurant. I repeat, on their property in their restaurant. Oh, and if you are expecting valet or nearby parking, forget it. I had to drive around for two hours looking for parking. They didn't even suggest places to park, and when asked where to go the concierge said "maybe a few streets down, I don't know." After all of that is figured out you'll find your room has no fridge, poor AC, and NO room service. At this point in time you just want to go to the pool and relax, but no. It's under construction. So you may say "oh, I'll just go to the private beach!" That you have to walk two blocks to get to because the construction is blocking the path to the beach. So right when you're about to give up, you go to the restaurant and try to eat your displeasure away. Out of the three meals I had there not one was properly cooked, and I'm not a picky eater but it was to the point where I'm pretty sure I could call the meat raw. So you may think that's it, but it gets better. The elevators are "iffy" according to an employee and close on you if you're in the doorway too long. And then when you've had enough and decide to go elsewhere they falsely charge drinks to your room. Apparently I had two bloody Mary's and a margarita. (I didn't). So when all is said and done and you finally check out, don't expect anyone to ask you how your stay was or hold the door open on your way out.

• Stayed March 2015

Been to Marseilles Hotel? Share your experiences!