“Great value for the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marseilles Hotel

You added Marseilles Hotel to your Saves list
Marseilles Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #120 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great value for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The hotel pool are was under construction when we were there in late September 2014. However, we were able to pay $200/night--a very cheap fee for south beach! The location was perfect and we knew we were willing to sacrafice a "fancy" hotel stay for an affordable one with a great location.

When we arrived, we were very happily surprised. the rooms and bathrooms were all great! Bright, white, modern and renovated! And the hotel had easy awesome access to the next door hotel's lovely pool area.

We felt like we'd gotten a STEAL.

If you're looking for a cheaper hotel in south beach with an awesome location, snap this place up while you can. I's no Delano but you'll be thrilled with the convenience and location.

Room Tip: we had an ocean view and it was on 7th floor (i think) and GREAT!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Dont plan on trying to check in early they dont allow you till 3 and even then your room might not be ready! Our ocean view consists of 2 double beds staring out at a empty pool and a tore up property. Decore in room is nice . View sucks room 317 not high enough for a oceanview. And they offer free drinks for a fee???? Must tip bartender 1$ per drink.. which I would do anyhow if the service is good...id recommend waiting till they were done remodeling. It would have been nice to know as I would have booked at another property considering I picked hotel based on amenities. ..

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked two nights stay through the Internet site were we found a good deal. Unfortunately the pool was under refurbishment, but we were fully informed about it: we could use next door hotel's pool, plus free chairs and umbrella at the beach.
Very good impression upon check in: a gentleman at the reception gave us lots of enthusiastic suggestions about restaurants, place to visit, etc.
The room was newly refurbished, large, clean, with a nice half sea view. Unfortunately during the night was noisy both from the street, elevator and ice machine outside the door.
The second night we were surprised to find our room not cleaned and of course this service was not available at 11 pm. Think there are still lots of things to be fixed in this hotel, but I'd give in my future trip to Miami another opportunity, considering the building and location.
I'd suggest to the guests to check the room location upon check-in.

• Stayed January 2015
Island of Malta, Malta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The location is great but that is all that's great about this hotel. When I checked in I was harassed by a drunk guest who was talking to me and the receptionist. I was tired after a long flight and was not in the mood to talk to an intoxicated man and the receptionist did not once tell him to leave me alone. As I had to go down to the reception twice more after check in (key didn't work and she forgot to give me the wifi code) and he was there each time I was really fed up in the end.
The corridor looked really dodgy and was quite noisy but the room was not as bad as I expected. The room was spacious but the biggest issue I had with my room is that there were no bedside lights so if you like to read in bed before falling asleep that's quite a hassle.
My main issue with the hotel was the wifi as I had to keep logging in with full username and password every few minutes as I kept getting thrown out. For this reason I would never stay here again.
Also you have to pay a resort fee while there is no swimming pool (currently being completely remodelled) and to access the beach you need to walk through the pool area of the hotel next door.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Cleveland Ohio USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Which is exactly what we were hoping for from this hotel. We needed a hotel that had decent rooms (ours was clean, a tad small, but just fine otherwise), convenient to our South Beach destinations (which it was very) and within our budget. Basically, not looking to spend any quality time in the room or hotel beyond sleep and shower. For the price, the hotel was a very solid value proposition, about $100 per night.

We were clearly informed about the pool.construction situation. I don't like the concept of resort fees in general, but walking one hotel away to access pool and beach was like a 90 second detour, so no issues.

If other reviewers are comparing Marselles to a 4 or 5 star hotel, then their reviews are just not fair. This hotel makes no pretense about what it actually is, and as such it delivers on its modest promises.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Jonathan P, Front Office Manager at Marseilles Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for expressing your comments about our Hotel. Our pool is in the final stages of being completed and we would welcome you back to see the enhancements we've made. We take pride in making our guests feel at home and getting excellent customer service.

Jonathan Parrales
Denton, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked this hotel based on location, without seeing reviews. Not checking the reviews was a mistake.
Pros: Location - on the beach, on Collins and walking distance to Lincoln Road Mall. Rooms were spacious.
Cons: Resort fee of $15 per day. Pool and Beach access under repair! Parts of hotel under repair. Noise in hallways easily herd through the door. Repair began and could be herd at 9 am and continued though the day. No assistance with bags at arrival or departure. Advised of pool and beach access issue after we had signed and completed check-in process. Happy hour for 2 of the 3 nights we stayed was at a sister hotel (Dorchester) down the street. HVAC in one of the two rooms we booked ran constantly and didn't seem to cool very well. We were glad it was December and 70 deg. temperatures.

In our opinion, the resort fee is a joke! No pool at the hotel (have to use the South Seas next door), No beach access (have to exit the hotel at the front and have to walk through the South Seas next door) and for the happy hour we had to walk to another hotel (Dorchester) to get the free drinks. When asked about removing the resort fee, we were told that the internet and happy hour were part of the fee and it couldn't be removed.

Would we stay here again? No!

Room Tip: We stay on the 8th floor (9 floors) "with beach/ocean view" and the view was very poor. S...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I was on a business trip during Art Basel. I loved the convenience of the location. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful - Laz was particularly gracious!
I would stay again!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Been to Marseilles Hotel? Share your experiences!