“Average hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Marseilles Hotel

You added Marseilles Hotel to your Saves list
Marseilles Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #122 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Pesaro, Italy
“Average hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Nothing much to say... I slept here for two nights with my wife in Dec 14. The room they gave us, at third floor, was clean and nice, but we had a sort of technical room or something next to us, and it was a bit noisy during night. By the way, the pool was under construction and unavailable, but you can use the next door hotel's. It seemed a little weird to access to another structure, for the pool (personally I haven't used it), and to reach the beach (you can walk around the block anyway). What I didn't like was the charge for wifi. There's a internet spot at the reception but seems weird to pay for wifi, when you can just go outside and find free connections everywhere.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

First time being in Miami. Went for my birthday and it was not a good experience. The hotel was decent looking but very small rooms also very noisy almost sounded like the windows were wide open also every morning a fire alarm went off at 11am sharp! Also they had construction going on so no access to pool or beach. We had to go to next hotel over to have beach access. DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!! You will be very disappointed.

• Stayed December 2014
Sparks, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First time in South Beach for 21st birthday, booked through a third party website and got a steal! Regardless, the staff here is very accommodating and understanding- from the front desk to the Housekeepers. Location convenient to all the restaurants and fun nightlife places; walking was very doable and lastly having the ocean in the backyard of this hotel was a plus! Only con, though the staff was great, as stated by another reviewer, "there is no attempt to build any rapport with guests".

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Mississauga, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

first time in south beach with my best friend and we were not impressed. we stayed for 4 nights at this hole. the only good thing about this place was the location. the service was very poor, the staff at the front desk were very inattentive and unhelpful, they have an ugly attitude. when we arrived the guy who helps with the luggage broke the handle of one of my suitcases and nothing was offered to make up for it. the rooms are just ok, the windows are very dirty. housekeeping staff don't do a good job keeping this place clean. oh and they fail to inform you on hotels.com that the pool and direct beach access are closed for renovations. you have to use the hotel next door's pool and beach access which is a hustle. they charge a resort fee of $15 a night for wifi, pool and beach access (even though the pool and beach access are closed). if you want a mini fridge in your room is $5 extra a night, $30 a night for parking. don't order any food from the beach, it's just gross and overpriced. i would not return, nor would i recommend this hotel. save your money ans stay elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Aaron G, Manager at Marseilles Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Miami Beach. We are very sorry to hear about how unpleasant your stay with us was. We want to strive to do better everyday and your feedback helps us do so. If you look at hotels.com or any other website that has our hotel listed, it will tell you that our pool is under renovation and has been for over a year. I am sorry if using the pool next door was inconvenient for you but that is the next best solution for our guests while we are working on our own.

Best regards,

Aaron Gusky
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My girlfriend and I waited at the desk For 20 min after a long flight. The desk clerk was giving tourist directions then offering other ideas On where to go,then the people kept asking more questions....fine but not for that long and not when their are 5 people in line. I booked on Priceline ....big mistake, they put us with 2 double beds, not very romantic . They had no pool and advised us we could use the hotels pool next door. This was very inconvenient and they weren't very welcoming at the adjacent hotel. The room was ok. All the windows were locked shut, this sucked. They also charged us for wifi . They told us this was free then charged us. They also charged us a resort fee that they never advised us about at check in. Funny since their was no pool and no resort other than a cramped room with welded shut windows. Also they lied about having beach towels and chairs at the beach ....their was no service at the beach other than a locked hut with the Hotels name on it.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Aaron G, Manager at Marseilles Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Miami Beach. I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us was unpleasant. We strive to provide great customer satisfaction in all aspects of the hotel and it seems we did not achieve that with you. When booking online through any of the third party companies (Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, etc.) it will show you that our pool is under renovation.

Regards,

Aaron Gusky
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Well the title says it all. Disappointed!

I stay on South Beach for one weekend in each month. This is the third consecutive weekend that I have booked into the Marseilles. The first weekend I was impressed - I received a large room with a large bathroom, including bath. The decor was slightly dated and the floor sticky, but I was willing to forgive that.

For my second weekend, I was allocated a minuscule room on the second floor, with no bath. Firstly, this room had a wall of sound projected into it all evening from the cabaret below. Secondly, I prefer to bath rather than shower - the lack of bath was not highlighted in the room description. Finally, the room was dirty and the majority of electrical sockets didn't work.

For my third weekend, having experienced the second weekend, I included my requirements of an upper floor room and bath tub in my advanced booking. On arrival, my room was on a lower floor and again without a bathtub.

Before I close this review, I'd like to highlight, that there is no attempt from reception or bar to build any rapport with guests - I did try!

I won't be staying here again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
guildford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

we were transferred to this hotel from its sister hotel across the road as we had a problem with our room and this hotel was fantastic. The staff were so helpful, the room needed to have 3 double beds which they were able to provide. The room was clean, the beds are super comfortable and the bathroom was lovely. The hotel has a bar which does a free happy hour from 7-8pm and the bar man was chatty and helpful. The tour lady was helpful and helped us book a few trips. The reception staff were always nice and polite and the room was kept very clean.

The only down side to this hotel is the pool was being renovated and from what I was told it has been for the best part of a year. However - this hotel is on the beach - so you really don't need a pool and you can use the facilities from the hotel next door.

All in all - a great hotel

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Marseilles Hotel? Share your experiences!