“Terrible service !” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Marseilles Hotel

You added Marseilles Hotel to your Saves list
Marseilles Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #122 of 204 Hotels in Miami Beach
Chicago
“Terrible service !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My girlfriend and I waited at the desk For 20 min after a long flight. The desk clerk was giving tourist directions then offering other ideas On where to go,then the people kept asking more questions....fine but not for that long and not when their are 5 people in line. I booked on Priceline ....big mistake, they put us with 2 double beds, not very romantic . They had no pool and advised us we could use the hotels pool next door. This was very inconvenient and they weren't very welcoming at the adjacent hotel. The room was ok. All the windows were locked shut, this sucked. They also charged us for wifi . They told us this was free then charged us. They also charged us a resort fee that they never advised us about at check in. Funny since their was no pool and no resort other than a cramped room with welded shut windows. Also they lied about having beach towels and chairs at the beach ....their was no service at the beach other than a locked hut with the Hotels name on it.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Polish first
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Well the title says it all. Disappointed!

I stay on South Beach for one weekend in each month. This is the third consecutive weekend that I have booked into the Marseilles. The first weekend I was impressed - I received a large room with a large bathroom, including bath. The decor was slightly dated and the floor sticky, but I was willing to forgive that.

For my second weekend, I was allocated a minuscule room on the second floor, with no bath. Firstly, this room had a wall of sound projected into it all evening from the cabaret below. Secondly, I prefer to bath rather than shower - the lack of bath was not highlighted in the room description. Finally, the room was dirty and the majority of electrical sockets didn't work.

For my third weekend, having experienced the second weekend, I included my requirements of an upper floor room and bath tub in my advanced booking. On arrival, my room was on a lower floor and again without a bathtub.

Before I close this review, I'd like to highlight, that there is no attempt from reception or bar to build any rapport with guests - I did try!

I won't be staying here again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
guildford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

we were transferred to this hotel from its sister hotel across the road as we had a problem with our room and this hotel was fantastic. The staff were so helpful, the room needed to have 3 double beds which they were able to provide. The room was clean, the beds are super comfortable and the bathroom was lovely. The hotel has a bar which does a free happy hour from 7-8pm and the bar man was chatty and helpful. The tour lady was helpful and helped us book a few trips. The reception staff were always nice and polite and the room was kept very clean.

The only down side to this hotel is the pool was being renovated and from what I was told it has been for the best part of a year. However - this hotel is on the beach - so you really don't need a pool and you can use the facilities from the hotel next door.

All in all - a great hotel

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at the Marseiles Hotel for Two nights, did not use the beach, was advised about the pool been renovated, we spent very little time at the Hotel, the service was good.

Only issue we had was that housekeeping went to the room although we had a DND on.

I let the FD the morning after.

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Belo Horizonte, MG
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Don't stay at the Marceilles Hotel!! Terrible!! Me and my friends got robbed while we were walking at the beach. somebody went in our room and stole 2 sunglasses, 2 t-shirts, one cellphone and 1,700 DOLLARS!! absurd!!! I am never coming back!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Aaron G, Manager at Marseilles Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Miami Beach. We are terribly sorry about what had occurred to you while staying with us. We would like to reassure you that our hotel is a safe environment and that we treat any criminal activity with intensive care. When the incident was reported to us, we performed our own internal investigation with our highly trained security staff. With all of the evidence we discovered, we found that no unauthorized people entered your room. Again, we are very sorry about the entire situation.

Regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2014

I stayed here about a year ago before I knew about this site. It was the first time I stayed in Miami Beach and got a good package deal on one of the travel site. I read the reviews and saw about the construction that they were doing and figured that I would try it. The construction wasn't bad until bout 9am then it could wake you up. We had a renovated room and it was nice. the shower was big and bed was comfortable. There were a lot of partiers staying at the hotel and it could get loud when all the clubs closed and they came back. My girlfriend and I are not partiers and would be in bed at 2am. The breakfast was not good and the valet parking that they had with another hotel was terrible. If your gonna party and not be in til late then go to this hotel also a family let there child scream every morning at 7am.

Room Tip: Don't let the good deal sway you. keep searching unless you don't mind the noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Aaron G, Manager at Marseilles Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Miami Beach. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. I would like to apologize about the inconvenience with the noise that you encountered. Also, I would like to add that we have self parking here at our hotel. We give all of our guests multiple options to choose from in regards to parking and valet at the hotel next door is one of the options. It is unfortunate that you have a "one and done" attitude towards our hotel as we would like to make up for your last stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Best regards,
surrey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2014

I stayed at the Marseilles hotel for 1 night. I had a good size room with a very comfortable bed . Aircon worked perfectly well, power shower and bathroom area clean and modern. If that’s what you need from a hotel then stay at the Marseilles.

The reason I wont stay here again is that it doesn’t offer the “Miami south beach hotel experience” the lobby is tired and boring there is a small area where you check in but no concierge services. This hotel is surrounded by landmark hotels such as the Raleigh, the SLS and the Betsy grab a coffee at anyone of these hotels and you will see what the Marseilles hotel is missing.

During my stay the lift system was broken with only 1 lift working for the whole hotel. This meant it took me 15 minutes to get from the 4th to ground floor .

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Aaron G, Manager at Marseilles Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Miami Beach. We appreciate all the nice things you said about our hotel. As far as the lobby being boring, we just newly renovated the entire lobby front desk and the lobby bar that consists of a happy hour every day that is anything but boring. Regarding the lift situation, we were in the process of renovating the inside of both lifts. One was already finished however the other was being worked on. We apologize for the inconvenience but we are doing our best to make our hotel spectacular for you. Thanks again for staying with us.

Best regards,
Aaron Gusky

Been to Marseilles Hotel? Share your experiences!