“South Beach Visit” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Marseilles Hotel

You added Marseilles Hotel to your Saves list
Marseilles Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #126 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Woodbridge, Virginia
“South Beach Visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed here July 2013 but I couldn't choose that date.
I stayed at this hotel 2 times. Both times were for a couple of days before going on a cruise. The hotel is average looking nothing too spectacular. It's in a good location..not too far of a walk from the main strip with all the bars and restaurants. There are plenty of restaurants right next door though. I stayed there once with 2 girlfriends (we're in our 20's) and we got the room with 2 beds and the rooms are kind of small. I mean we were okay because it was just us. But if it were a family or large men you could possible get cramped. My parents also have stayed there a few times and they enjoy the location and price. Once I stayed with them and they got the big room with jacuzzi in it and it was a great size room! But I'm young and don't really care about how big my room is all that matters is it was clean, the bathroom was nice (not really that big either) and it wasn't far from the strip! I would recommend it and I am sure I'll be staying again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Polish first
Wilmington, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We had very loud people in the room next to us, did not call security the first night, or the second but called the third when they would not stop beating on the walls. When security got there he told them what room had complained, the lady in the room said "I know" and the security guy APOLOGIZED to them for interrupting!! Needless to say we didn't sleep that night either. Not coming back and had been staying here for years.

Room Tip: Get as far away from the ground level as possible.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Aaron G, Manager at Marseilles Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Miami Beach. I want to send my personal apology to you for the situation that you had to deal with. As you are aware South Beach is a place where many people come to vacation whether it is to party all night or just to get away and relax. We try our hardest to accommodate everyone the best we can. I want to apologize for how the situation was handled. In the future, if a similar situation comes up, I would request a room move so the problem can be solved immediately.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

From the moment we arrived with the help of the friendly bell man, Yani the gal at the front desk, exceptional maid service and just all around nice employees we knew we had chosen a great hotel. Room had a view of ocean and Collins Ave, was immaculate and updated. We were located next to elevator and not a problem with noise. Doors were only issue, as they had to be slammed to shut. Located one block from Lincoln Rd and all its upscale shops and Restaurants. also beach chairs and umbrellas part of the perks which is a huge plus. The only downside was parking at South Sea;s , next door, valet parking $30. a day which is pretty typical, except the guy tried to charge my husband an extra day counting the day as we got there. My husband caught it right away , Make sure you pay attention to from the time you arrive until 24 hrs to next day. Valet parking attendants were aloof, almost rude and shrewd characters to say the least. also had to use their pool because Marseilles was being renovated . We will be back to maseilles. Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: May want high floor, not near elevator. Prefer 7 or 8 floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Aaron G, Manager at Marseilles Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us on your visit to Miami Beach. We are so delighted to hear all of the positive things you have to say about the hotel. Also, we greatly appreciate your cooperation while we improve our swimming pool for the near future. Its wonderful to see your recommendation cannot wait to see you again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 nights at the end of June! The hotel has been renovated and is totally revamped and modernised compared to photo's below!! The staff would fall over to help you and the rooms are spotless. The facilities in the rooms are also great, fridge, coffee maker, safe, wardrobes, kitchen area etc etc...
The hotel is located on a strip but there is no noise pollution. The only tip I would give here is to ensure your room is not located beside the lift. This is the only reason I did not rate the hotel a 5, our room was directly across from the lift. There is a 24 hour restaurant / bar across the way and the food is excellent no matter what time you get it! The hotels food is also lovely and the service is fantastic. The pool was being renovated when I was there but this couldn't even bring down my rating to be honest. All guests were given passes to attend the pool in the hotel next door and we were also given passes for free loungers and umbrella's on the beach with is straight through the hotel! Amazing...
This hotel is within 5 minute walking distance to shops, restaurants, hotels and Lincoln Road (shop til' you drop), although there are plush hotels like the SLS along the way I can't brag about this hotel enough! It's great and I would definitely go back. I've done Vegas, L.A, San Fran, Boston and Orlando and although they are all different Miami was top for me!
Ocean beach / Ocean drive are a tourists heaven! Don't bother with local nightclubs just go there and you will be inundated with bars / restaurants and disco bars! €10 per cocktail in Fat Tuesday's... They are so strong they will blow your mind! Miami is a must go!!!
Ask at the hotel for trips to the outlets etc as they have a bus that goes there 2/3 times per day. I think it's called Sawgrass Mills, better to do your shopping there than Lincoln Road! Macy's nearby isn't great either, it's really small so save your funds for the outlet.

• Stayed June 2014
Aaron G, Manager at Marseilles Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Miami Beach. We are pleased to hear all of the fantastic things you had to say about our hotel! I personally am very happy that you had a wonderful time here in Miami Beach. We take a lot of pride in making sure our guests have the best vacation possible. Thanks again and we hope to see you on your next visit to Miami Beach.

Århus, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stayed 3 nights at the hotel in February 2014. Since we stayed at the hotel for the first time in 2002 it has undergone renovation. The rooms are quite small but clean and well equipped. The best is the location on the beach side and very close to Collins Avenue and Lincolns Avenue in the more quiet part of South Beach but still very close to what´s going on. The pool was closed due to renovation but you could use the pool at the hotel next door and it is a nice pool. However the beach is lovely so you often prefer this. The staff at the reception is friendly but if you have breakfast at the hotel they are rather slow.
There are lots of restaurants nearby. Try Restaurant Tiramisu at Lincolns Av. with lovely Italian food of good quality and competent friendly staff - especially the Italian waiter Caesar. The place is a little pricy but you pay for the location. Parking at the Marseilles is limited, but it is possible to have your car parked by the staff at a nearby parking area (30 USD per day).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Grimsby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed in the Marseilles Hotel for one night on Saturday 14th 2014. There was 8 of us staying in 2 rooms and it worked out we only paid £39 each which we thought was good as the rooms you could tell had been modernised recently. The standard was certainly better than what you would expect back in the UK, however because of the high number of us in our group the price maybe would have been a lot dearer had their been a couple of us. The Pool was out of service but we were able to use the Beach and next doors pool if we pleased. We had a couple of drinks at the bar, the girl behind the bar was very friendly and pleasant and also she was helpful with directions to other bars, but she later claimed a friend of mine (who had gone back to his room) hadn't settled his bill, although they had. She also said the tab included drinks that my friend hadn't consumed as he had 3 Coors, not 2 Millers. However she said she would sort it assuming a mistake on her part and there was no more issues.The food in the restaurant was ok, but including tax and gratuity it made it a little over priced for what it was.

If your British, remember gratuity isn't something you can opt out of over here, so you may get charged a lot more than the actual price of the meal or drink. It's best to split the bills in a large party to avoid a large gratuity ammount. We are all happy to tip, however when they add it too the bill it kind of makes you not want to leave one at all. Please be known this is done for many establishments in Florida, not just the Marseilles Hotel. Sleep wise its fine, quite noisey, but its Miami..its not as if we were shocked at the vibrant nightlife going on outside. The Hotel is well positioned near Ocean Drive and backs on to the Beach. I suggest if your a group of girls to stick together or go with men, as a few of the girls in our party felt intimerdated whilst out and about in the evening.

Overall a decent Average hotel. Happily give it 3 out of 5 stars. Would use their again if I was back in Miami for sure.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We booked 4 rooms for 7 gals. We knew the pool was under construction and that really was not an issue as we could use the pool next door. Overall nicely decorated & clean for the price. Friendly staff. So that's the good. As for the not so good. Noisy to be expected if your room faces the street so if you need sleep ask for rooms in the rear. Two of our rooms did not have shades on the windows so be careful if you like to sleep in. We were on the 5th floor where the ice machine is. Very noisy. The doors are old and have big vents at the bottom so you see & hear Everything in the halls. Two of the showers took forever to get hot water. The staff did not give us a receipt upon checkout. Overall I think we got what we paid for & the price was reasonable for oceanfront and location location location. $35 for overnight valet pkg. public lot 3 blocks away for $15 per night.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Marseilles Hotel? Share your experiences!