“Perfect location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marseilles Hotel

You added Marseilles Hotel to your Saves list
Marseilles Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Special Offer
Winter Getaway
Ranked #127 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Budapest, Hungary
“Perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Great hotel with a pool and beach acces with moderate prices. The rooms are ok, Perfect location if you dont drive.
Easy access wherever you want to go. Delano is next door, so you can see some action too.
Stayed there a few times.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Polish first
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Good location - close to shops and restaurants. Room was not too bad - decor nice except for the carpet which needs replacing. We had a room facing the street which was noisy but at least we had something to look at. There was just as much noise in the corridors of the hotel as outside. After a walk down Ocean Drive one night - our hotel didn't seem so noisy - Ocean drive quite raucous. Just keep in mind Miami is not the place for peace and quiet if thats what you want. Pool still not finished (and it was supposed to be well before our visit) which was quite inconvenient. Didn't like using the pool next door as we felt like intruders. The beach was nice and you a card from the hotel which entitled you to beach chairs and an umbrella. On the down side - no fridge in the room; Useless wifi; and service poor - especially housekeeping - they never restocked our room fully. Also front desk staff not overly helpful or polite. Not good value for money at $300 Aud per night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Aaron G, Manager at Marseilles Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Miami Beach. It is very unfortunate to hear that your stay with us could have been a lot better based on some of the things you shared. Though the view you had was enjoyable, I understand that being close to the street can give off a bit of noise. Requesting a room move is always an option pending on the availability. A refrigerator can be requested at the front desk and put into your room upon request. I would like to personally apologize about the poor service you have received from our staff. That is not up to our hotel standards and we will improve on that going forward.

Thanks again,
Aaron Gusky
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel before, and it keeps getting better. A short walk, and you are in the buzy night life of South Beach. The hotel has its own beach, and dech chairs and umbrella is included in your stay. The pool and garden has always been an attraction, and it is now being upgraded to an even better standard. Rooms are clean, staff is friendly. Parking is expensive, unless you use the public garage just two blocks away.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the lower floors on the street side, traffic is heavy all day. Book a refridgerator whe...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed here in April 2014 for a weekend. We had booked online and nowhere did it mention that the pool is under construction (and has been for months, I gather) so it was a huge bummer to show up and not have access to the pool. However, the hotel gave us passes to the next hotel's pool, as well as complimentary passes to the beach incl. loungers. The beach is just steps away from the hotel which is awesome. Plus, the location is great, right on Collins. Room was fine, nothing special but clean. Hotel reception was friendly but not always very professional. But -- if you're looking for an affordable and relatively quiet hotel right in the middle of things in Miami Beach, I recommend the Marseilles!

Room Tip: I'd recommend an ocean-view room -- it must get very loud at night staying on the Collins Ave si...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Aaron G, Manager at Marseilles Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Miami Beach. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and are happy to see you would recommend us to others. Regarding the lack of professionalism with our employees, that is something we take very seriously here at the Marseilles. I would like to personally apologize on behalf of the hotel as unprofessional behaviors from our staff are not acceptable nor are they up to our hotel standards.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Miami Beach!

Aaron Gusky
Riverside, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

This hotel is in a very good location Collins./ 18th street a couple block from Lincoln Road.
Staff is friendly & courteous
Tip about parking. Most hotels charge you 28 and up for daily parking plus the tips to the valet
there is a small public parking lot almost at the corner of 18th and James Avenue, street, behind the catalina hotel. Catalina hotel is across the street of the Marseilles. this parking lot if you stay more than one day, you may be able to negotiate a daily rate of $20. It is only one block from the Marseilles and Richmond hotel.

The hotel has been and is in the process of remodeling. Room was newly remodeled. Room was spacious clean and recently refurbished. good comfortable bed. Bathroom is small, but still decent.
I gave it an average rating because they have the pool area under construction so it is closed. This should be mentioned when you book a room. Hotel arranged access to the beach through next door hotel. You get access to a couple of chairs and umbrella when you go to the beach front desk gives you a small card that you need to present to the beach staff (They seem independent contractors, not hotel staff) Also ask for towels in the front lobby before you fgo to the beach. Towels are not available at the beach and they will try to charge you $5-10 per towel If you pick them up at the lobby they are free. Wifi is included, but you pay a 15 dollars resort fee per day.

They have a bar restaurant coffee shop right in front of the hotel right hand side. Pricey and I would say NO bueno. I would go some place else.
This is not number one in my list when i stay in Miami beach, but it is a good option my 2nd option.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Almere, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

The rooms have been renovated and the pool is currently under construction, so that will be according to the latest standards soon.
My advice to future visitors: make sure your room is not near an elevator. During the night you'll hear all the (drunk) guests return and they'll keep you awake...
Good price/quality ratio and near Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive. The breakfast is OK, but you should realize that you're overpaying bc of the location.
Another tip: the concierge can arrange a bus/boat trip (09.30 until 16.30) for $50 PP.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Where do I even begin?? First of all if you are driving in, there is no where to pull in and park while you check in. When I finally made it inside I was told they were out of parking spots so I had to use a public garage about 4 blocks away.

Then the back part of the hotel was under construction so we had to use the pool at the hotel next door (no big deal, but still).

The WORST part of the entire experience was the biggest ROACH I have ever seen in my life!!! After putting in a cup and brining it downstairs to the lobby, nobody even cared!! The response I got is that it's Miami, which is full of roaches, so what do I expect?!? Umm, hello for almost $300 a night I obviously don't expect to find monster sized roaches in my room!!

Bottom line is that this hotel is old, dirty, expensive and so not worth it. The staff are rude, it's noisy all night long with slamming doors and list can go on and on. I've stayed at budget motels like the economy lodge and quality inn that have been 100x better than this place!!!

Save your money and stay away!! There are so many better choices in the area for the same money!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Aaron G, Manager at Marseilles Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I personally would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you had while staying here at the Marseilles Hotel. Quality customer service is a main focus here at the hotel and to hear that it was not satisfactory upsets me. It is my responsibility to make sure the staff here are giving nothing less than exceptional customer service and I will ensure that they do so going forward.

I'd like to add that there is a small driveway at the front of the hotel that allows guests to pull their cars into to unload their luggage. Also, parking is available but is limited here and is given out on a first come first serve basis as we only have 20 spots to sell. However the parking garage is only 2 blocks away on 16th as we are located in between 17th and 18th street and if you are not frequently using your car, it is financially better as it is only $16 a night.

As far as the incident with the roach is concerned, that is a serious matter that I am very displeased about. I am more displeased with the way my staff handled it and will make sure proper solution takes action.

We do thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Best regards,

Been to Marseilles Hotel? Share your experiences!