“Booked through Hotwire...suppose to be 4 star...wrong rating” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Marseilles Hotel

Save Saved
You added Marseilles Hotel to your Saves list
Marseilles Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #113 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Booked through Hotwire...suppose to be 4 star...wrong rating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

This hotel is in a fantastic location right behind the beach but it's more of a 2 star not 4...way over priced, we paid over 260 for this place not worth 100. If you can get it for cheap price it's fine but don't waste 260 for it, much nicer hotels for less on beach.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Chris G, Manager at Marseilles Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Though you were pleased with our location, I'm sorry to hear that you were generally displeased with your recent stay. I would love to hear more about your stay and what you feel we could be doing better. If you have some time, please feel free to contact me at guestservices@gomiamibeach.com. I'd love to hear your thoughts on what how we could better meet or exceed your expectations.

Best Regards,
Chris Gorgoni
Manager

608 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Polish first
Novato, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

The hotel's pool, workout room and other areas of the hotel are under construction and they still have the audacity to charge a $16.50 facilities fee. When I complained about this they mentioned that I could use the pool next door and the workout facility at another hotel two blocks away.
Nice location with okay rooms but they have little idea of what service means.
Somewhere between POOR and AVERAGE is about how I'd rate this place,

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Sterling, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

The hotel is on prime real estate with access to beach. At the time the beach access and the restaurant was closed - which I found out only after making reservation coming to check-in. The parking is $35/day, without valet service, one block away (self service as long as there is spot - open air parking). There was one person behind the front desk to take care of all check-ins, check-outs and complaints. Originally the reservation was not confirmed because on Sun afternoon, staff is not available.. so I lost 30 mins of day just standing in line. From the pictures, bathroom, etc seems upscale, but it is old hotel, maintained by minimum number of people. I got on the beach through hotel next by and saw single worker who was sleeping in reconstruction beach access.. Never again. I could understand the reconstruction but under different circumstances. And yes elevators are dirty, it seems like party hotel living on its own. As a cherry on top I made reservation to ocean front, and the room was not available, looking at dirty narrow alley, echoing all street noise.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Chris G, Manager at Marseilles Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post some feedback about your recent stay with us. At the Marseilles Hotel, it's important to me that all of our guests have a pleasant and enjoyable stay and I'm very sorry to hear that you were left disappointed with your room and overall guest experience.

We've published alerts about the renovations on our website and and with our various booking affiliates and agencies. I certainly understand how the pool area reconstruction can be an inconvenience. For that reason, we've partnered with our neighboring hotel in order to provide pool and beach access while we finish what will be our new and beautiful pool / cabana areas.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to send in your thoughts. I will certainly keep them in mind as we go forward. If you're ever in the South Beach area again, I hope you'll stop by and check out the new pool area once it's completed. I would love another opportunity to "wow" you with our service and accommodations.

Best Regards,
Chris
Plymouth, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The hotel had clean rooms but filthy windows everywhere. No attention to details. The elevators are dirty and the outdoor dining is also. The entrance doors are filthy too. No pool or access to beach but you can use the hotel next door. Walls are thin so you can hear everything outside. Right in the center of the action. Great for spring break for college kids.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Kansas City, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Here now for a business trip and came a day early to relax by the pool and on the beach. Well, that's not happening! They don't bother to tell you when you make your reservation or even when you check in that the pool and entire area towards the beach is completely demolished! The hotel inself isn't under construction, but there is no outside access except the front patio. To get to the beach you have to go through the hotel next door or go down the street. When I booked an oceanfront hotel I assumed I'd have easy access to the beach, nope. It's a nice place and the staff is great, but be fore-warned, don't stay here if you want to do anything pool related...

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Cambridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Staff were all helpful and friendly.. Breakfast out front was good. Rates compared to other hotels in area made us choose this one, and we were happy. Don't know that I would upgrade to the "Oceanview" next time, didn't realize we would be so far from ocean, and that we were overlooking the empty pool, construction zone. Bed was comfortable, modern bathroom with shower only. No fridge or microwave, but maybe that is normal in Miami. Doors all slam shut, gets loud all evening. Like trying new places, but would definitely consider this hotel again. Thank you for a great first visit to Miami.

Room Tip: To save money, maybe skip "Oceanview" don't know that I consider it worth it for this...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Just stayed at this hotel for the weekend with my girlfriend. At first glance this hotel appears to be just like the many others in the area, plain with nothing special. Upon first entering the room we discovered they had given us a room with two double beds (due to our reservation being made with Hotwire). Not a good start to our romantic weekend in Miami. The front desk informed us that there were no more rooms with king size beds available. We just made due and pushed the two beds together. After settling in we discovered that the pool was closed for renovation, but thankfully a deal was made with the hotel next door to use theirs. Decent pool with a outdoor bar. The windows in the room were screwed shut, which I found odd since our room was only on the second floor.

Anyways, what makes this hotel special is it's prime location on Collins Avenue and the incredibly friendly restaurant staff. Especially Damien, Roberta, Wided, and Mecka. Those guys really made us feel very welcome and were exceptionally accommodating! A true asset to the hotel! I would absolutely stay in this hotel again!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Marseilles Hotel? Share your experiences!