“It was cool” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marseilles Hotel

You added Marseilles Hotel to your Saves list
Marseilles Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #122 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“It was cool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights on the fourth floor. Room 408 is nice. Clean room and bathroom. The balcony is not all that the view was another building but the bed was very comfortable sheets were clean. Only thing was the pool was dirty or maybe I went too early ( 9am) for a swim. The frozen margarita bar closer to the beach were good too 2 fo $12. Front desk were very nice and helpful I would go back and definitely stay there in that same room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
EKHGM, Manager at Marseilles Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

We are very happy that you find our hotel to be a cool spot.

As you rightly noted, we take great pride in making sure that
our rooms and bathrooms are very clean and acceptable.
As for our staff, we carefully select hospitality professionals
who have a strong for people in general: they are nice and
helpful. Our pool is tested, chemically treated, and cleaned
daily by a Certified Pool Attendand who is there from 8AM to 4PM.

We are very please that you intend to return during your
next visit to Miami Beach.

Thanks again!

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was an excellent choice for me and my girlfriends last summer. We were looking for a place right on the beach that wouldn't cost us and arm and a leg. From the minute we walked through the front doors we felt welcomed. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. One front desk staff member in particular that helped our group out all week was named Julian. He made sure that we had everything we needed to have an enjoyable week for our first time in Miami. From showing us around the hotel, giving us daily directions on how to get around south beach and to making sure our room was up to par, Julian was a great additive to our wonderful trip. There is nothing better than a friendly staff while you are on vacation! If I return to Miami again I will defiantly be staying here. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed August 2012
EKHGM, Manager at Marseilles Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay.

We are very please to know that you think that our property
is a great hotel that doesn't cost an arm or a leg: yes we give
you exceptional value at an affordable price.

Like most of our guest, we are very happy that you find
our staff to be friendly and that some of our employees will even
go above and beyond to ensure that you will have a great stay.
Here at the Marseilles Hotel, it's all about our guest.

Thanks again, and hope to see you here during you next visit
to Miami Beach.

Respectfully yours,
E, Hewitt, CHA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Booked this hotel on Orbitz and was a little concerned after reading the bad reviews but I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, the hotel is dated but so are the rest of the SOBE hotels. At the end of the day it's all about location and this hotel is right in the thick of it. We walked to the mall and to all of our eateries. The hotel has a decent pool with no DJ, however, the hotel next door did so it worked itself out. The happy hour (literally one hour) was unbeatable ($1 drinks). The staff was helpful and pleasant. The room was small but it was clean and getting towels was not a problem. My party consisted of three women so it got a little crazy when it was time to get ready for the club. The room has central AC and was very comfortable, not too hot or too cold the entire three day stay. The lighting in the room could be better and the unnecessary furniture could have been removed (empty armoire). The room had a nice size flat screen on the wall but all channels were not working not that it mattered. We had a draining problem the first night in the shower and it was after hours when it occurred. There was no emergency maintenance at night. I asked for a plunger and fixed it myself. I thought it was funny that security brought plunger wrapped in paper towels in the shape of an upside down rose. Overall the hotel was better than I expected, their were no extra fees and I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
EKHGM, Manager at Marseilles Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013

Thanks for your review.

We are please that you were pleasantly surprized while
staying at our property. As you rightly mentioned, we are at
a great location. Our decent and quiet pool along with
$1 happy hour drinks is highly favoured by many of our guest.

Your comments about our friendly staff and clean room are
greatly appreciated and make us even want to do much better.

Thanks again for your feedback, and hope to see you again
during your next visit to South Beach.

Regards,
Management.
Delicias, Montezuma, Costa Rica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I am not sure if this nice little Hotel has been renewed in the last years. But it still lasts in my thoughts as a special place. Close to the beach and lovely sight over the ocean. Breakfast with croisants and good coffee.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
EKHGM, Manager at Marseilles Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Loyal Guest:

We are very happy that you stayed with us again.
Yes, we recently renovated the property to make
it more attractive and beautiful than before.

We are also very pleased that the Marseilles Hotel
is special to you, and thanks for taking the time to let
us know.

Hope you will stay with us again.

Respectfully yours,
E. Hewitt, CHA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Despite the lukewarm reviews of this hotel by other travelers, I booked a weekend stay at Marseilles in June 2013. I was pleasantly surprised and think the hotel is an excellent value amid its generally overpriced art-deco competitors in the area. Yes, the rooms are rather compact and the carpet appears to be original :-) So what? I am not buying, I am renting. The location is absolutely fantastic and the staff is super-helpful. Special thanks to Cynthia. I appreciate all she did to make my stay pleasant.
There was no parking available at the hotel's garage on the day when I arrived so I parked in the 16th street parking garage, which was cheaper ($16 per day). The first room to which I was given the keys felt warm and I quickly discovered that there was an issue with the air conditioning. Cynthia promptly found another room for me and this one had a partial ocean view as well as a working AC. The bathroom was nicely remodeled and the towels smelled fresh. The room had a walk-in closet that was almost as large as the closet back home in my Midtown Atlanta condo. The window treatments were minimalist but did a great job blocking out the sun, the heat and potential peeping Toms who paid three times as much to stay at the hotel next door. I paid an extra $5 per day to rent a small refrigerator for my Gatorade and snacks. The pool is older and not that great but the ocean is just steps away. Lincoln road and its fabulous shopping is a short walk (2 blocks) away; Mango's, Clevelander and other iconic South Beach establishments are about a mile away from Marseilles.
Great overall experience, especially considering the very reasonable price. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The rooms do not have the greatest sound isolation so bring a white noise machine or earplugs if you...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed here during a girl's getaway. Hotel rooms are typical boutique style some rooms more modern than others. The ac went out but Julian went out of his way to move us to a beautiful suite on a floor where the ac was working. Great location Maxines is across the street and only few blocks away from all the South beach action. Beach access was great be sure to inquire about beach chair rentals when you check in.

• Stayed June 2013
EKHGM, Manager at Marseilles Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

We are sorry that you had a little issue with your A/C but very happy
that Julian, our Front Desk Supervisor, went out of his way
to accomodate you by moving you to one of our beautiful
suites. We are also pleased that you find our location to be a
great location.

Thanks for choosing us and hope you will stay with us again
during your next visit to Miami Beach.

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Super friendly check in (Rosa I think was her name), top pool bar staff. We were very happy that this hotel did not play the typical dance music at the pool. There was only speakers at the bar, playing an ecletic mix of indie and reggae stuff. Phew, I have stayed at many Miami hotels and the cheesy house tracks always bugged me after a few days.The room had an incredible view and was renovated in a modern clean style. The pool area has a great area with hammocks and massive palm trees for shade. Perfect to relax after a day at the beach. Fantastic place, especially at the price. Food at the Cafe was so so...we only tried the guacamole and chips and those were not great so we didn't venture further. Still, the hotel is super!

Room Tip: Ocean front of course. Its worth it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
EKHGM, Manager at Marseilles Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you very much for your kind words about
our property and your stay with us " Great Stay on South Beach"

It's encouraging to hear that Rosa was super friendly to you.
We are also pleased to know that you enjoyed the great view
from your modern and clean room.

Thanks staying with us and hope see you again.

E.Hewitt
Maangement

Been to Marseilles Hotel? Share your experiences!