“GREAT LOCATION-NOT EXPENSIVE-WOULD GO BACK” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marseilles Hotel

Save Saved
You added Marseilles Hotel to your Saves list
Marseilles Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #109 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Montreal, Canada
“GREAT LOCATION-NOT EXPENSIVE-WOULD GO BACK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Great location. Walkable distance to all amenities (beach, restaurants, clubs, shopping...) The service was amazing. Cleaned our room everyday when asked. Fresh towels, new sheets when got back to our room. No bugs. Staff is very friendly. provided us with a list of stuff to do while in SB once we got there, since we weren't familiar with the place yet. Sb is known for the night life and the parties. The hotel was amazing; comfortable to sleep in and great location for beach, all day and night festivities.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Dear MCESTA123,
Thank your for your comment and for staying with us. I see you had a great time in our hotel and in South Beach overall. The only thing left to say is, when will we have you back? Well, I hope very soon.
Thanks,

637 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Do not stay here! This hotel is loud, outdated, and uncomfortable. WE HAD NO A/C IN MIAMI! The staff was not helpful at all in resolving this. Our numerous maintenance calls were ignored. The shower options are boiling hot or freezing cold. I dreaded going in there. Upon leaving and after returning home, management did not adequately respond to my concerns. Very dissatisfied. Do yourself a favor and STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Dear CGGA,
It really saddens me to read reviews like this. Our team always tries to go the extra mile to ensure our guests never have this perception, and sometimes it seems, we may fall short, and for this I honestly apologize. However, I am so confident in the kind of service that we provide, that I would like to invite you back to try us. We do not take ourselves lightly, and someone leaving with this impression does not sit well with me nor my staff. If you would seriously consider it, please reach me at the Marseilles Hotel.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011 via mobile

Well it smells weird and currently as I write this there are 5 couples having sex in the pool. Was hoping to hang by the pool tomorrow but think I will opt for the beach instead. Curtains also don't close all the way. The sink is stained and our bed squeaks. Yeah will never ever even contemplate recommending this to anyone! Sex in the pool. Seriously?

• Stayed June 2011
Dear DERRICKWOLF,
All I can honestly say to your review is: “Sex in the pool!???? Seriously?!!”

Thanks,
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

My anticipation for coming to Miami for the first time was overwhelming and I was so excited but all that changed once I stepped foot into my room at Marseilles. It was a corner room and probably the smallest room in the entire hotel. Not to mention it looked so old and their picture frames on the wall and bathroom floor tiles were all cracked. We opened the fridge to stack it up with water and there was old fruit that had the worst odor dated a year ago. We went down to the front desk to have someone come clean the fridge and got looked at like we had five heads and no one ever showed. If you looked in the closet there was a hole that looked like it led to another room.. scary. Towels smelled funny and I was under the impression that they weren’t even changed. Sleeping was difficult due to the bed squeaking every time I turned over and the loud people across the hall stumbling in at 5 AM. Food wasn't that great and there was a long wait when ordering. Drinks in the tiki bar were good but pricey for what the bar looked like. We made the best of our experience in miami by not staying in the hotel room. Perks were that the hotel is close to CVS and Walgreens pharmacy which are both 24 hours in case you need food, toiletries, or sunblock. Very close to Lincoln road/ Espanola Way, where you can go to eat or for happy hour. If you are looking to party and be close to Ocean drive and don’t want to walk about 10 blocks than I suggest you stay by the lower numbers on Collins Ave or on ocean drive. The hotel doesn’t charge you a resort fee and you can use their towels which is good. Beach is right behind the hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011 via mobile

My sister and I stayed here. It was a blast, the people are amazing. Especially the bar tender at the tiki bar in the back. I think her name was Fatine. She was lovely and made us some rocking drinks. Also we did not have to leave for food because chef Vincent has the best food in Miami. Ugh, it was incredible. I cannot wait until we return to see out friends at the marseille!!

• Stayed April 2011
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

OK the hotel looks a little run down, but it's pretty good for the price. We stayed in the standard room, and then came back and stayed in the jacuzzi suite. Go with a suite - they are what you see in the pictures and the beds are swedish foam. The standard rooms are like any hotel - blah. You can't beat the location. You are right on the beach, only have to cross the small boardwalk to get there. We went with a group of 20 and Chef Vincent made special arrangements for dinner. It was so much fun! There is some sort of musical entertainment every night too. Internet costs a flat $12. Parking is $28 per day. There is a pool bar in the back and a cafe in the front - it's decent food at average prices. Try the homemade ceviche.

Room Tip: Check in is at 3pm but they'll hold your bags
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear ERIKANDANGELA,
I will not take your comment on our building's condition to heart, as I know many of South Beach's visitors have a hard time figuring out Art Deco, and they are not to blame. Most of us were not even around when this type of architecture came about, so preserving it is an intense labor of love. However, we are always looking to improve, so thank you for your words. I am happy Chef Vincent was able to accommodate your 20-top table, and it seems you had a great time. We get many guests from the Netherlands that love our hotel and our staff. So as they say over there: Tot de volgende keer!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Last summer we stayed at the Marseilles Hotel for about 5 nights. The website and brochures would give you a false sense as not everything is of such a high standard. So if you expect the best in luxury for the best and cheapest price, this might not be your best pick. However, if you are looking for a hotel where people are always ready to help, are friendly and are there to ensure you have a great time......than this is your hotel. If you are not from around, you might have a hard time finding your way in South Beach. Lots to see, but what's actually good? The Maroccan woman and her younger colleague were always there to help us figger this out while they made us some of the best caribbean drinks. The bar in the garden is THE way to kick off the evening after a day full activities. It's also a great place to meet other guests and share some stories.

With some great staff, a nice pool, fun tiki bar and the sandwhite beach right at your doorstep......what do you want more. Oh yeah, also try the sandwiches in the hotel bar! Great food!

I'm sure there are lots of good hotels in Miami, but to me...this one is great!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear MARCHELLO_DIVAIO1983,
Thank you for your kind words and I would also like to tell you that I informed all the staff member's from the Tikki Bar how much you enjoyed your stay and their service. We hope to have you real soon.
Marseilles Hotel

Been to Marseilles Hotel? Share your experiences!