“Right on the beach, fun for young couples, dated hotel, $12 internet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marseilles Hotel

You added Marseilles Hotel to your Saves list
Marseilles Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #127 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Portland, Oregon
“Right on the beach, fun for young couples, dated hotel, $12 internet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

OK the hotel looks a little run down, but it's pretty good for the price. We stayed in the standard room, and then came back and stayed in the jacuzzi suite. Go with a suite - they are what you see in the pictures and the beds are swedish foam. The standard rooms are like any hotel - blah. You can't beat the location. You are right on the beach, only have to cross the small boardwalk to get there. We went with a group of 20 and Chef Vincent made special arrangements for dinner. It was so much fun! There is some sort of musical entertainment every night too. Internet costs a flat $12. Parking is $28 per day. There is a pool bar in the back and a cafe in the front - it's decent food at average prices. Try the homemade ceviche.

Room Tip: Check in is at 3pm but they'll hold your bags
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ErikandAngela
Dear ERIKANDANGELA,
I will not take your comment on our building's condition to heart, as I know many of South Beach's visitors have a hard time figuring out Art Deco, and they are not to blame. Most of us were not even around when this type of architecture came about, so preserving it is an intense labor of love. However, we are always looking to improve, so thank you for your words. I am happy Chef Vincent was able to accommodate your 20-top table, and it seems you had a great time. We get many guests from the Netherlands that love our hotel and our staff. So as they say over there: Tot de volgende keer!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Last summer we stayed at the Marseilles Hotel for about 5 nights. The website and brochures would give you a false sense as not everything is of such a high standard. So if you expect the best in luxury for the best and cheapest price, this might not be your best pick. However, if you are looking for a hotel where people are always ready to help, are friendly and are there to ensure you have a great time......than this is your hotel. If you are not from around, you might have a hard time finding your way in South Beach. Lots to see, but what's actually good? The Maroccan woman and her younger colleague were always there to help us figger this out while they made us some of the best caribbean drinks. The bar in the garden is THE way to kick off the evening after a day full activities. It's also a great place to meet other guests and share some stories.

With some great staff, a nice pool, fun tiki bar and the sandwhite beach right at your doorstep......what do you want more. Oh yeah, also try the sandwiches in the hotel bar! Great food!

I'm sure there are lots of good hotels in Miami, but to me...this one is great!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Marchello_diVaio1983
Dear MARCHELLO_DIVAIO1983,
Thank you for your kind words and I would also like to tell you that I informed all the staff member's from the Tikki Bar how much you enjoyed your stay and their service. We hope to have you real soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

The hotels location is great, it is right on the water which is a plus. That is however the only positive thing about this hotel. It has a horrible smell of mold and it is very old and in very poor condition. The so called "ocean front room" is a complete disappointment and the pictures in their website completely misleading. Our bathroom door didn't even work and the tiles in the shower were coming off the wall. I honestly wanted to leave the place the minute I walked in!!

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank JordanaZ
Dear JORDANAZ,
I would like to talk to you about your stay. Please contact me at the Marseilles Hotel, and ask for Juan Valera.
Thanks,
Yonkers, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

This hotel is disgusting. The beds are a million years old, the carpet is dirty. I was scared to catch something if I showered in that bathroom because it was horrible. I have never ever seen a bathroom so disgusting. Stay somewhere else this place is not worth it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Drz111
Dear DRZ111,
If you have a chance please contact me at the Marseilles Hotel. I would like to discuss these aspects of your stay with you.
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

I read many of the reviews posted here. I spent 7 nights for a south beach vacation from April 27 - May 3, 2011. I was looking for something centrally located in South Beach, near Lincoln Road, and on the beach. I got a room on the 4th floor facing the ocean. Ok, only the 4th floor, but I had an unobstructed view of the ocean. Room was clean, but old. I was ok with that. Yes, the bathroom tiles were stained, but overall, the room was CLEAN. I have to say, the bed and pillows were VERY comfortable. The biggest downside to this hotel is the noise from the hallways and adjoining rooms. There is NO soundproofing at all The couple staying in the room above were very active, as the bed squeaking and noises were constant. I guess they were happy. Overall, you get what you pay for, and this was simply adequate.

Room Tip: Stay far from elevators and ice machines.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChuckNYCUWS
Dear CHUCKNYCUWS,
Well, you liked our pillows, our beds, location and cleanliness, but we were just "adequate." Let me tell you that although location, cleanliness, and comfortable bedding is a thing many hotels shoot for, we are all trying to stay far away from being just "adequate." That is why I want to invite you back to our hotel, because I want to trade your "adequate" for my EXTRAORDINARY. This is what we aim at with each and every stay, and we hope you get to see a couple of the changes we are working on to leave "adequate" in the dust. Albeit, thanks for your comments and we hope to have you soon with us.
New Brunswick, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

My husband and I came down for a four day trip for a get away from the kids and to enjoy each other's company. The place was clean, and the location was good. It was right on the beach and the pool was right behind the hotel. The staff was very very accomodating to all of our needs, especially as we keep kosher and had dietary restictions. They helped us find restaurants in the area and helped us with our food. Thank you so much!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear MIRIAM1968,
Thank you for your kind words and I am so glad our staff was accommodating with your stay and your dietary needs. We hope to have you soon with us.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

I was hesitant about staying here from some of the reviews I read however from the moment we checked in I knew we had picked the right place to stay!! The guy at front desk was fun and nice and very promptly got us checked into our room! Our room was awesome, very clean and our view looked over the pool out to the ocean!!! The walls were thin but the noise didn't bother us as much as it bothered our neighbors ...oops!! Lol the hotel lobby bar area was very well kept and always smelt of what we can only describe as a "manly cologne " that welcomed us everytime we entered the hotel!! We meant to ask what the scent was but forgot :-(. The pool area and tiki bar were in party mode on Saturday dj, BBQ food and drinks just to name a few! Definatly the place to be on a hot Saturday afternoon! Then directly behind hotel is path to the beautiful beach! Unfortunaly they didn't have vouchers for free beach chairs buy 10 bucks didn't break us!! We were very relieved to find a great place to stay while we were in Miami cause some of the hotels there are pretty sketchy!! Clean comfortable place to stay at a good price! We will definatly be back here again!!!

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank Angela J
Dear TRIPADVISORMEMBER,
Well you loved e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g in the hotel, and we loved e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g about having you stay with us. By the way, the manly cologne scent you speak of is a trade secret we only discuss with our repeat guests, so come on down and see us as soon as you can you will love everything we are doing to this hotel to make it better for e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e!
Thanks for your comments,