“Perfect art basel accommodation” 5 of 5 stars

You added Freehand Miami to your Saves list
Freehand Miami
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2727 Indian Creek Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Ranked #43 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
“Perfect art basel accommodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We had a great experience at the Freehand. It's totally affordable, the staff is courteous and helpful, plus the place is newly renovated and nicely designed. The rooms are spacious, clean and look great.

The outdoor bar area and pool are awesome (and the drinks are pretty great). As far as hostels go, this place is a palace. Our experience couldn't have been better

• Stayed December 2012
Esther G, Manager at Freehand Miami, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Drew, it seems like you enjoyed Art Basel as much as we did! We’re happy to read that your experience couldn’t have been better and we look forward to seeing you again!

235 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Great hostel, I have stayed at many in Europe and in Miami and this was one of the finest. Staff was very friendly and the rooms were really roomy and clean. Lots going on at night in the back and its pretty close to south beach.

• Stayed December 2012
Esther G, Manager at Freehand Miami, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
It’s nice reading that as an experience traveler you think our hostel is one of the finest around. We appreciate your compliments on our staff, cleanliness and nightly events. Hoping to see you soon!
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

If you are young and know other hostels and hotels, this is heaven. The pool is fantastic, the bar plays the best music and serves great drinks. Also incredible location. People who don't like this place they are just not into cool places, they probably prefer the Hilton but they just don't have the money, so grow up, this is great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Hi Lucas, sounds like you had a great time while you stayed at our property. Great reading that you enjoyed our pool, and the great drinks and music at our pool area all within easy access to all the Miami Beach action. We are super happy that you like our concept and from reading this we know that you’ll be back real soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

The front service is bad... What the most ridiculous is they don't have enough quilts!! All of us have to wear thin clothes to sleep! The wifi doesn't work at all. The bar is fabulous but too noisy... There is no place to park...

• Stayed December 2012
We are happy that you chose our property. We are sad to read that the front office service fell short of what we have in mind, we wish you had written specifics. We have certainly made a note about the wifi service not working well during your stay and have asked the pool folkes to turn the volume down a bit. On your next trip we’d be more than happy to give extra towels and blankets as these are stored at the front desk.
Nyack, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

How can you dream a better thrift place for Miami? Hanging out by the swimming pool was great, tasting the house cocktails was great, sharing the dorm was great (it's spacious enough, the lockers and complimentary water are welcome), plus it's impeccably clean, all the time and everywhere. The staff is amazingly helpful and kind. No pressure feelings, never. Did I mention that they were lending bikes while I was staying there? The complimentary breakfast is also delicious and abundant (should start earlier than 8 am, though). Yes, it's a bit far away from the action (if we mean Lincoln Road?), but it's a 10 min walk from the first big hotels on Collins Avenue. They have bikes (usually to rent), as mentioned, but the free city bike system is 3 blocks down. Plus there is a bus which shuttles every 7-10 min in front of the hostel going down to South Beach in 10 min maximum. Definitely the new cool place to hang out in Miami when on a budget.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Marie, we’re happy you took advantage of our amenities-the pool, bikes, complimentary breakfast and unique cocktails are something we want all of our guests to enjoy. We think you’re pretty cool too, and hope to see you again.
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I called Freehand today and explained that I was planning on buying the living social deal for a king room and told the receptionist that date we wanted. She looked up the room and said it was available. I asked if it was the only one and she said there were several.

Then I got off the phone, purchased it on living social and called to book the room. I asked if they could hold it with my credit card until I got my voucher number the next day. This woman explained that could not honor the living social voucher the day I wanted. I could get a 20% discount or use it another day. She said they reached their allotment of vouchers they would accept that weekend.

I explained that I called first and specifically asked about using the voucher for that day before I purchased it and she said that it was a misunderstanding and they could not honor it. So then I had to go back and refund my purchase with living social, what a headache

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Esther G, Manager at Freehand Miami, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Hi Jenn,

Darn! We are so sorry that we were not able to make a reservation for you on your requested date. We really wanted to have you here and to show you how much we really mean that, we would love to offer you a free night, we have several dates available! Check out our reviews so far, and you will see that all of our guests’ think we that are something really special and……. I know you would too!! Don’t be shy, contact our property and ask for me directly and the staff and I will make sure to get you here to experience all the good times and excitement the Freehand Miami has to offer!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I never stay at hostels and have to say that I LOVED the Freehand. I had such a great experience. The atmosphere is young and fun. I went with my boyfriend and stayed in a private room but we met a bunch of people in the lobby so it seems like a great place to stay if you're traveling alone or with a few friends. One of my favorite parts of the hotel is the outdoor bar. The vibe is very relaxed and trendy, and different from the typical Miami scene. But if you are looking for the more typical Miami experience, it's just a few blocks away from the W Hotel, the Fontainebleau, the Soho House, etc.

Again, it's a hostel, so you shouldn't stay here if you're expecting room service and luxury amenities. Although the hotel isn't on the beach, it's only half a block away and it does have a nice pool area. The bathrooms were a bit small and seemed like they had the original tile which I thought was pretty cool. The entire property is very unique and feels like some sort of awesome sleep-away camp out of a Wes Anderson movie.

Overall the hostel was clean, the staff was friendly, and the vibe was young and fun. I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I stayed in a private room which was quiet and had its own private bathroom which I really enjoyed b...