“Low Price Guaranteed on South Beach Miami for Convenient Access to the beach” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Nautilus South Beach, a SIXTY Hotel

Save Saved
You added Nautilus South Beach, a SIXTY Hotel to your Saves list
Nautilus South Beach, a SIXTY Hotel
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1825 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Continental Oceanfront Hotel South Beach) (City Center)   |
Ranked #188 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Low Price Guaranteed on South Beach Miami for Convenient Access to the beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This property has been under a major renovation/construction project. The rooms on the 3rd floor are currently operating and the swimming pool is closed due to the construction. Access to a pool in the neighboring hotel Shelbourne could be granted for free if needed. This was unnecessary for us because the wide open ocean behind the hotel kept us busy.

The guest service representatives at the front desk were very friendly and welcoming. They provided us with beach towels when needed.

I noticed that a security personnel was available for 24 hours on site, only one of two elevators was working, and the entrance of the hotel was wheelchair accessible.

I actually had to turn off the A/C in the room several times during the stay because it was too cold at night. The mini refrigerator in the room was so handy to keep beverages cold and the ice machine in the hallway was definitely useful.

Because we spent most of the time on the beach and outside of the property, amenities unavailable did not make our stay any worse. ( no cable for TV, no iron/board, no coffee maker, etc.)

The place was convenient to get around the South Beach on foot and to access to the beach within a block.

I would like to stay at this property after the renovation gets completed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Brooklyn, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed here with 2 friends during for 4 days for Miami Carnival in October 2011. The major plus for this hotel is the size of the room and the location. The beach is literally behind the hotel. You could walk from the pool area and straight onto the beach. The room was HUGE! It fit the 3 of us comfortably! The room however lacked mirrors. It only had a small mirror in the living space and a medium sized mirror in the bathroom. The furniture in the room needs upgrading though. I was afraid to sit on the couch and the tables and chairs all rocked. We used pieces of cardboard to keep it steady. I was a little upset that there aren't microwaves in the rooms. There is a small "common" microwave in the lobby that was DISGUSTING!Security in that building is none existent. Anyone can walk in and out of the hotel as they please. The front desk staff was rude when we checked in as well. Our room was never cleaned while we were there. I never even seen a housekeeper. If your looking for a hotel that has large rooms and in the middle of everything, then this is the place for you. But I advise you not to look forward to anything spectacular. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Plainsboro
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a while ago for one week through Expedia. As I entered the room I immediately called Expedia to change hotels but to do so would have been a lot more money because the HOTEL would not release my reservation or refund my money. So we are stuck in this hole for one week. The first room looked like it was from scarface and had stains all over wall. Transfer our room and get to another that was even worse. Transfer again and figure we are just stuck. It really was dirty and just plain gross. Yes it was cheap but I know now to be more careful. I learned a lesson from this. I see they are doing renovations now but I still would never stay there based on the ignorance of the management. This place robs their customers.

• Stayed August 2012
Maidstone, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed here in 2009 (sorry for the late review) and I thought the Hotel was disgusting!

Pros,

Location
Pool

Cons,
The decor was very dated (I would hope it has had a refurb by now)
Security*

*I stayed there with my parents and while sunbathing by the pool, a guy walked in from the beach and stole my mothers bag, I chased him for about a mile and he ended up giving everything back but this could have ended very differently.

I would never return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay at the place over the road.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I was eager to get away for my birthday so I booked and stayed at the Continental hotel from February 13th until the 17th. This was the worst experience of my life! Although I didn't plan to spend much time in the rooms, I could not believe how unprofessional and rude the Manager and staff here were. Prior to booking my stay at this hotel, no where in their web site do they mention that they are under COMPLETE RENOVATION! We did not have accessibility to the pool area, dining, or even the front or the back of the hotel. The hotel literally looks abandoned and there's work being done everywhere. Once we got into our rooms, we attempted to call the front desk to request towels, to our luck, they didn't even have a phone line connection, not to mention the free wifi that they advertise in their web site was definitely not available to us. The rooms smelled weird, weren't cleaned and the tv didn't work as well. I actually tried to call and see if I could get reimbursed anything for the inconvenience but the Manager, Wendy or Juanita was her name, she was completely unsympathetic, rude and not even apologetic or unwilling to do anything for their horrible service. So I definitely DO NOT recommend this hotel for anyone! It's definitely a waste or money. I had to leave my room keys in the front desk with a note, in hopes of no one stealing them and me being held responsible because none of the staff were there that morning I left, unprofessional isn't the word.

• Stayed February 2013
Key West, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

First off there is no parking had to pay 40 dollars to park over night. The hotel has bed bugs no AC and no cable. I called the front desk at 11:20 pm to let them know there was no cable tv and the front desk agent said he would send someone in 20 minutes then we noticed the AC wasnt working so just as i was about to call back the front desk calls back only to inform us that there was nothing she can do about the tv until tommorow so my boyfriend informed her the AC was not working either. She said there was nothing she could do until tommorow. Didnt even offer a room change OR a fan. So i go to lay down and i started getting itchy i pulled up my shirt only to find two big red bumps in my stomach being PREGNANT i started freaking out. So i ended up with no AC no cable tv no sleep and BED BUGS. As i go to check out i let the front desk lady know about the horrible night we had and i let her know i expect a full refund she said no problem. So i call the travel agent i made the reservations with only to find out she was refusing to refund us our money. So we turned around to go back to the hotel and talk to the front desk agent. What she basically said was that we were liars. So the security toke my boyfriend to the room and they started chatting. He stated that the hotel was having renovations and that the wires are faulty that basically nothing in the Hotel worked but they cant shut the place down because they will loose to much money. LAURA she said was her name and was the manager refused to give us there corprate number said they did not have a corporate office. Please do not stay here. I would have stayed in my car overnight and would have had a better night but being pregnant my boyfriend didnt want to. & we could not risk our lives driving back 400 miles all the hotels around us were sold out so we had no choice! they had no compasion and no people skills.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Porto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Can't found better price in relation to location in Collins 1700. Very close to Convention Center and private entry to the South Beach.
Next Year the price will change due to the works for the renovation and then there will be more Hotels to choose.

• Stayed December 2011

Been to Nautilus South Beach, a SIXTY Hotel? Share your experiences!