“SAVE YOUR MONEY!! With out a doubt.. WORST hotel in South beach!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Nautilus, a SIXTY Hotel

You added Nautilus, a SIXTY Hotel to your Saves list
Nautilus, a SIXTY Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1825 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Continental Oceanfront Hotel South Beach) (City Center)   |
Ranked #190 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
“SAVE YOUR MONEY!! With out a doubt.. WORST hotel in South beach!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was eager to get away for my birthday so I booked and stayed at the Continental hotel from February 13th until the 17th. This was the worst experience of my life! Although I didn't plan to spend much time in the rooms, I could not believe how unprofessional and rude the Manager and staff here were. Prior to booking my stay at this hotel, no where in their web site do they mention that they are under COMPLETE RENOVATION! We did not have accessibility to the pool area, dining, or even the front or the back of the hotel. The hotel literally looks abandoned and there's work being done everywhere. Once we got into our rooms, we attempted to call the front desk to request towels, to our luck, they didn't even have a phone line connection, not to mention the free wifi that they advertise in their web site was definitely not available to us. The rooms smelled weird, weren't cleaned and the tv didn't work as well. I actually tried to call and see if I could get reimbursed anything for the inconvenience but the Manager, Wendy or Juanita was her name, she was completely unsympathetic, rude and not even apologetic or unwilling to do anything for their horrible service. So I definitely DO NOT recommend this hotel for anyone! It's definitely a waste or money. I had to leave my room keys in the front desk with a note, in hopes of no one stealing them and me being held responsible because none of the staff were there that morning I left, unprofessional isn't the word.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Key West, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

First off there is no parking had to pay 40 dollars to park over night. The hotel has bed bugs no AC and no cable. I called the front desk at 11:20 pm to let them know there was no cable tv and the front desk agent said he would send someone in 20 minutes then we noticed the AC wasnt working so just as i was about to call back the front desk calls back only to inform us that there was nothing she can do about the tv until tommorow so my boyfriend informed her the AC was not working either. She said there was nothing she could do until tommorow. Didnt even offer a room change OR a fan. So i go to lay down and i started getting itchy i pulled up my shirt only to find two big red bumps in my stomach being PREGNANT i started freaking out. So i ended up with no AC no cable tv no sleep and BED BUGS. As i go to check out i let the front desk lady know about the horrible night we had and i let her know i expect a full refund she said no problem. So i call the travel agent i made the reservations with only to find out she was refusing to refund us our money. So we turned around to go back to the hotel and talk to the front desk agent. What she basically said was that we were liars. So the security toke my boyfriend to the room and they started chatting. He stated that the hotel was having renovations and that the wires are faulty that basically nothing in the Hotel worked but they cant shut the place down because they will loose to much money. LAURA she said was her name and was the manager refused to give us there corprate number said they did not have a corporate office. Please do not stay here. I would have stayed in my car overnight and would have had a better night but being pregnant my boyfriend didnt want to. & we could not risk our lives driving back 400 miles all the hotels around us were sold out so we had no choice! they had no compasion and no people skills.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Porto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Can't found better price in relation to location in Collins 1700. Very close to Convention Center and private entry to the South Beach.
Next Year the price will change due to the works for the renovation and then there will be more Hotels to choose.

• Stayed December 2011
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stay for one night, by the time we check out i had bronchitis, that's how dirty this place is. TO DIRTY! health department should close this place. Cheap doesn't justify the conditions this place is. You are better off staying at you r car in a parking garage.

• Stayed October 2012
Homburg, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The Oceanfront hotel is located right next to Miami South Beach and offers VERY cheap rooms. So far so good. It is probably the worst hotel that I've ever spent a night in. The hotel is very worn-out and urgently needs a renovation. Our room - including the bed - was disgustingly dirty and old. We couldn't sleep at night because of drunk hotel guests who were yelling at each other in the corridors.
I would not recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

The Ocean view room is great, spacious and clean.The price is affordable for South Beach.
Beside the fact everything looks a little bit old, let's hope there is some renovation on the way
It is a Good rapport quality price

• Stayed January 2012
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

If you're thinking about staying here, it's probably a better idea to just pitch a tent in the middle of Collins Ave and take your chances. We booked a room at the Continental for a girls weekend in Miami, fully realizing that when you're on South Beach you won't be staying in the room much anyway so it just needs to have the basics etc etc. Unfortunately, we didn't even get the basics.

This place was highly recommended by my trip roomie as she had stayed here before and loved the location and pool. When booking, she was told that there were a "few renovations" taking place so the pool might be closed and they would be working on some of the rooms. Gross understatement. When we got there, most of the hotel was visibly boarded up, and it was even difficult getting into the main entrance due to yellow tape, traffic cones, and construction vehicles. The entire lobby was boarded up, so there was basically a walkway from the elevators, past the front desk, and out the front door and that was it. The elevator was broken/stuck for a while when we were there. We had to huff and puff our way up 4 flights of stairs twice due to this. The pool was actually open but the entrance to it was closed due to construction, so you couldn't even get to it on property--you had to walk out of the front of the hotel, down to the corner of 18th Street and around the corner to the back entrance. This was a mile hike.

On Friday we went to the beach and afterwards came back to the room to take a nap. When we woke up and started getting ready to go out, we noticed that although the room had been cleaned they didnt leave us any towels. We called the front desk to ask for some. They told us they didnt have any, housekeeping had already "gone for the night", and that all the rooms were occupied so there was no vacant room to get towels from. Are you kidding me? There is no way the entire hotel was full, actually more than half of the rooms were empty due to the construction. Plus, what hotel runs out of towels? And the kicker--the hot water heater went out earlier that day so when it was time to take showers, SURPRISE! We didn't get the hot water back until the following afternoon.

What bothers me the most is that Continental personnel knew there would be EXTENSIVE repairs taking place, so instead of telling customers they were doing "a few repairs" they should have closed the hotel down for a few days while the bulk of the work was done. It is obvious that they were trying to squeeze every dime out of unsuspecting guests while offering poor customer service, no lobby, faulty elevators, cold showers, inadequate housekeeping, and a mile hike to the swimming pool. Renovations to this extent take away from the guests' experience, and staff should be notify guests upfront. I won't be returning even after these renovations are done!

Room Tip: NONE of these rooms are good.