“Smelly, disgusting,old, sinus infecting place” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Nautilus South Beach

Save Saved
You added Nautilus South Beach to your Saves list
Nautilus South Beach
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1825 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Continental Oceanfront Hotel South Beach) (City Center)   |
Ranked #188 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Smelly, disgusting,old, sinus infecting place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I did not even stay here, I visited someone here. This place is an old disgusting hotel. I was there for 2 hours and my sinuses because aggravated, I kid you not. The person I visited was there for a few hours before me and had a serious runny nose.The a/c will make you sick because it smells like it has not been cleaned since bill clintons birth. The rooms are pathetic in decor and appearance, I looked out of the window on the second floor, and there was a ceiling level for the first foor. Outside the window with a clear sight to the beach and outdoor pool.On the ceiling level , I do not know what it was, pieces of the building, drywall, broken concrete garbage and filth, I had told the person staying at the hotel to open the window to filter the filth from the ac, but the filth outside was worse. This place is tricky because it is located north of lincoln rd on collins where alot of high ened hotels are, and from the outside it does not look like a ancient piece of jurassic aged filth. if you value your health and your vacation do not come here , even if it is free.

Room Tip: There is no good room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

When I Booked it I thought of a perfect location. And it was cheap!
Rooms on average were "C" minus, carpet everywhere that absorbs smell.
Everything old, romm service didn't ever pick up whenever I tried it.
Then I started itching at night and saw bites on my arm and neck. I thought that was sand flies but then one night it was so unbearable that I turned on the light and saw a bed bug crawling on the sheet, then another one. We were out of this hotel within an hour. We are asking for a full refund. I hope the bed bugs are not coming with us home.

• Stayed June 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

This by far had to be the worst hotel I've ever stayed in the beds were uncomfortable, the sheets were in question on how clean they were, the tubs leak, there mold in various places the floors are horrible the sink leaks as well. They have windows on some floors that are burst out. The elevators are the worse and last but not least it has and oder. Not a good hotel at ALL.

• Stayed May 2012
Someehwere
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

The Continental Oceanfront Hotel South Beach will allow their workers to KEY IN your account information without every swiping or seeing the actual credit card. I received fradualent charges on my bank account. Called the hotel, they "can't" find the transaction. Beware!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
sanford
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Seriously, The room leaked water, there were also water stains on the ceiling and carpet. The carpet was held together with duct tape and the curtains looked dirty. We had a queen size bed turned side ways advertised as a king size bed ( My husband is 6'3") There are 2 very old elevators and only one of them is working. It is just very dated and dirty looking. THERE ARE NO TOWELS!!! There are no amenities whatsoever. We will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Dont book this hotel!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

They advertised and pictured a restaurant with a nice bar! Both shut down!! No coffee in the room nor in the lobby! Floor was wet from air conditioner running! Mattress were very old! Only 1 towel per guest and had to ask for a face towel. Couldn't park on premises but yet the employees could! No ice available, there was a trash can in it's place. Couldn't move to another hotel because they would charge for the day that you leave! Ridiculous!!!!

Room Tip: Please just read the reviews!! Pay the extra money and stay somewhere nicer!!!
Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
new orleans
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

For a single weekend my friends and I paid about $500 and then was charged another $100 when we got to the hotel for reasons that were not very well explained. The front desk person argued with us daily to have fresh towels put into our rooms. We were given one large towel and two small face towels for a room that housed 4 women. We called multiple times and no one came to bring us towels. I had to go down to the lobby and nearly get into a sreaming match to get 3 more towels. We ended up walking to wal greens to buy towels because we were told that they did not have any more and could not help us.
The morning of our second day we were greated by a roach crawling on the night stand. Our sheets were not cleaned, the bed was only made. We bagged our trash for the cleaning staff and it was still not picked up from our room.
The ac was very loud, and clicked off in the middle of the night. The front door to our room appeared as if someone had tried to break in. Inside the ceiling was painted over where water damaged had been and we could not open the windows to air out the room.
The bathroom was like a scene from Physco, only dirtier. The hair dryer is simply was a shell and when I tried to use it on my hair it fell from the wall.
Also, we booked a room with a ocean view and was greated by the wall of the next hotel building. The tv had only 17 channels and no sound.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Nautilus South Beach? Share your experiences!