“Excellent location, and friendly staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
South Beach Stay Sale!
Ranked #35 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
London, Canada
“Excellent location, and friendly staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

I am currently staying in the Essex House Hotel with my family, having a great time. Rooms are a good size, with comfortable beds, and a large TV. We asked for a fridge in our room and it was delivered free of charge to our room within an hour. We were provided with clean beach towels daily. This hotel has very friendly staff, especially the receptionists at the front desk, Damian, and Edward. They had a great sense of humour, and were very kind, and knowledgable. There's a nice, small, cozy pool, and a restaurant that serves daily continental breakfast from 7am-10am, and is later an Asian cuisine restaurant. There is free lemonade in the lobby around lunch time. There is also happy hour from 4:30pm - 5:30pm, with wine, sushi, and beer. Overall, I was very pleased with this hotel, and would definitely stay again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

A nice hotel near South Beach on Collins Av.
Not to expensive but not cheap either but it's worth the price if you check it's location.
With your room key you get free acces to the Clevelander ;-) Nice if you want to party on South Beach

Room was clean, rather a small bed and big flatscreen TV but it missed an extra chair and/or a little table in the room. It was quit an empty room, so lots of space to place your luggage :-)
Bathroom wasn't impressive for a 4* hotel but it was clean ...

Complementary breakfast was basic but good.

The pool is a poststamp big but who needs a pool if you have an Ocean one block away. Ask for a beach towel at the reception ;-)

Staff was friendly and helpfull.

We had a nice weekend in Miami

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed here the weekend before our cruise wedding, and they treated us well. I was surprised to see that the pictures on their website were accurate, and the suite was very clean. The walkway to the room had calming water features. The lobby was gorgeous, and the woman who checked us in was very polite. The breakfast nook was a great extra. I was very surprised when the manager brought us a bottle of wine to celebrate with our wedding party. Location was fab and we used the Clevelander Sportsbar and Rooftop. Only negative was that we were charged twice and check-out took a lot longer than it should have. The same desk clerk who hailed us a cab had to check us out. It was our wedding day and already kind of stressful. Despite this issue, we would stay here again and have already recommended it to others.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Andover, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

This is the second year we have stayed at the Essex House. We were here this time prior to a Cruise for our Mother's 80th birthday. There were three generations of ladies staying. We were greeted with smiling faces from start to finish. There was not a handicap accessible room available for my Mother so we were given a Suite instead. It worked every well for my Mother! The staff is very knowledge about anything in the area and very helpful getting transportation. Thank you for making this memorable occasion perfect!
Michelle

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Staines, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

The hotel facade is beautiful and the reception area interesting. The main bar doubles as the breakfast room. It is the first time that I have ever stayed at an 'alleged' high range hotel where breakfast is served 'a la plastic'. Plastic bowls, plastic plates, plastic cutlery and cardboard mugs. I was horrified. The choice was awful, the toaster worked randomly and it was cramped and badly laid out. Of an evening it becomes the main bar again which was pleasant, with friendly bar staff but extremely cold. The bedroom was clean, but the bathroom tiny. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, but if I visited Miami again I'm not sure that this hotel would be on my 'favourites' list - sorry.

Room Tip: The sister hotel just round the corner is very loud, so ask for a room on the hotel side farthest aw...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I stayed for a weekend with friends and couldn't be happier with the hotel. Loved the staff, location, food, drinks, rooms and it was close to all the nightlife. You can also walk right across to the beach. I can't wait to visit again and would definitely recommend Essex House!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriends and I went to Miami for a girls weekend and I had low expectations for the price I paid but let me tell u... Prime location, amazingly friendly staff and gorgeous rooms w enormous showers.... Not at all the typical south beach digs. And soooo close to everything! The staff was beautiful and friendly and treat u like kings and queens. Essex house is my new home in south beach.

• Stayed April 2014

Been to Essex House? Share your experiences!