“warm, friendly, inexpensive.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #178 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Brooklyn, New York
“warm, friendly, inexpensive.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

the hotel & it's employees are very accommodating & attentive. it has a nice cozy atmosphere & really looks & feels like florida. i will stay here again, & can not wait to see the smiling faces of the people that made my vacation wonderful.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

Yes the rates are excellent (4nights $357 with tax), however this is not a place that I would lay my head down at. I checked into the hotel and proceeded to my room to find that it looked nothing like the online photos and the elevator felt like a death trap. I went downstairs to the front desk and politely asked for all charges to be refunded because I was checking out. The guy was very nice about it and completed my request. We then sat outside at the restaurant had a beer and pulled out my laptop and connected to Wi-Fi to find another hotel. It took about 2 hours to find a decent hotel within my budget "Wyndham 1050 Washington Ave. $464" so worth it. The food smelled good while sitting at the restaurant but from the appearance of the hotel I would eat or drink anything from there unless it is in a bottle. STAY AWAY unless you just want to be cheap…………………………………………………………………

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
palm bay florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

I stayed 4 nights and absolutely had a great stay. After reading some other postings I approached the hotel with trepidadion. But after 10 minutes I knew I had made the right decision. This hotel is very clean, very friendly and a great value. I realize that 99% of satisfied customers never write a posting and that 99% of dissatisfied customerrs do. So I can now write a review that tells you how I saw it.
It wa a great stay. The food was excellent. Hey all of Miami Beach adds the waters tip on the bill. they have to. I asked my water about this and he explained that over half the customerrs are from Europe. In Europe no one tips because the tip is pasrt of the bill. so in order to get a tip it has to be automatically included in the bill. It made perfect sense to me because I have traveled to Europe and seen this firwst hand. I can see were some rednicks that have never gone overseas might complain about this. Read the fine print the tip can be adjusted by the water just ask him to do so.
The rooms were bigger than I expected, andn we had 2 queen size beds. It was great because there were 4 of us. Everywhere else we checked the max allowed was 2 and most places had 2 double beds not 2 queens. So this was a big plus for us.
again the place was very clean and they gave us new sheets and towels every day. That was more than what we needed. The staff was very friendly. The food was better tan average yet the price of the food was very reasonable. I highly recommend this hotel to all of you.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Orlando Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

The Staff was very friendly the rooms were Great I stayed in room 305 and although my view was of another building next to us it was a good room. The AC was cold at first but then we discovered we could adjust it to the temperature we wanted and after that we enjoyed our 4 day stay. The restuarant has out of this world food and just like the rate at the hotel for the room, the cost of the food was also the most affordable on Ocean Drive. THe waitress was excellent. We highly recommend this hotel. It is an art deco historical hotel. we found out that it was built in 1936. The rooms were very clean the staff friendly. We did not exoperience any problems and at night we never heard anyone else. So if you are looking for an affordable hotel room this is the place. Plus the food and drinks are great. Yes we will stay here again - By the way the beach is right across the street and almost half the girls were topless. This is the only part my girlfriend did not like. I loved it though. Oh Yes I forgot the wine is on specila 10 dls off any bottle on Monday to Wed. Great deal since they hasd great wines priced from 22 dollars and up we ended up paying 17 dollars for a great Pinot Noir from California. I have seen this bottle for sale at Publix for 12 dollars. So that was a great deal.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Medford, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

My friend and I were apprehensive about the Cavalier Hotel prior to our stay because we had read the reviews online. We were relieved to find that most of what was said in these reviews was largely unfounded. The Cavalier Hotel is a two star hotel. That being said it is clean, it is affordable, it is in a fantastic location (literally on the beach), and the customer service is outstanding. The hotel manager, the front desk attendants, the servers, and the maids all went out of there way to make sure we were enjoying our stay and had everything we needed. I can't say enough about how nice everyone was. If you plan to spend a lot of time in your room I would suggest upgrading to a pricier location. But if you are looking for an affordable place to sleep that is literally on the beach, this is the place for you. One thing to note is that they will hold a $100 deposit on your credit card upon check in, which is fully refunded upon check out.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

I decided to go to Miami for my birthday, and we had a great time...up until our last night there. We did not stay at the cavalier, but we decided to dine there because we wanted some great seafood, and the menu looked really good. My best frend has allergies to shrimp, and asked the waiter (who turned out to be the manager) if the dish had shrimp in it and he specifically said no. Unfortunately, her allergies begin to act up and we tried to send back the dish. He would not allow us send it back. He told us that she could pay for that, and the ceasar salad she wanted to switch it out for, but she couldnt return the food because it would be a waste!! This manager was so unprofessional! It took us ten minutes to get a waiter when we arrived, and then when he finally got to the table, he just stood there and didn't say anything! I will never go back! The cavalier hotel will never get any of my money again!! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT TO ANYONE!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

I am from Boston and my friend and I decided to take a quick trip to Miami last minute. We came across a great deal flight and hotel $313.00 so we booked it. Before we went we read the reviews and they were not that good. After our trip and experience at the cavalier I would have to say; most were completely inaccurate. The Cavalier is in the best location you could possibly ask for...across the street from beach and in walking distance of everything. I stay in four in five star hotels most of the time and I am being honest when saying that the Cavaliers staff were the best i have ever come across. They were so helpful, friendly and went above and beyond. I can not recommend this hotel enough. I would definitely return without a doubt.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Cavalier South Beach? Share your experiences!