Booked several rooms here for a large group last week. It's an okay place to sleep and shower, but I wouldn't recommend it beyond that. I had a much better (and cheaper) time staying at the Miami Beach International Travelers' Hostel. Here are the Cavalier Hotel's pros/cons:
(1) Excellent ocean-front location, close to hundreds of shops, restaurants, bars, etc. There is also a huge parking garage 2 blocks away, on 13th and Collins Ave.
(2) Noel at the front desk. When one of our rooms had plumbing issues, he immediately tried his best to fix them. When he couldn't, he apologized profusely, then relocated us to a nicer room for no additional charge. When our keys stopped working, he fixed those too. He was also great at making conversation and making guests feel welcome; our whole group remarked on this. Noel seemed like an expert at damage control AND hospitality -- he made our stay much more comfortable and enjoyable!
(1) Comparatively cheap, but still a ripoff. The hotel is old and smelly. Sheets and towels are stained. The rooms are small and stuffy, with broken AC, broken fans, broken TVs, non-working toilets, and busted showers. Kinda felt like a third-world country... which we wouldn't mind, if it didn't cost us $100/night!
(2) Necessities aside, other advertised amenities were also lacking. No restaurant. No bar. Unreliable WiFi. No rooms with fridges or coffee makers.
(3) VERY NOISY at night. We couldn't sleep until 5 or 6 am because of noisy, obnoxious drunks who just wouldn't shut up. Don't get me wrong -- we partied too, but after 3 am, we quieted down. It's a HOTEL, not a hostel -- believe it or not, there are families with children staying here. Therefore, managers and staff should do more to address noise issues at night.
- Also Known As:
- Cavalier Hotel Miami Beach
- Cavalier Miami Beach
- Cavalier Hotel South Beach
- Cavalier Hotel Miami
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cavalier Hotel is your best value on discounted guest rooms on South Beach! Our location can't be beat, directly on Ocean Drive across from the beach, and steps from best shopping, nightlife, and attraction on South Beach! Our excellent service will keep you coming back to the Cavalier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Otel, Venere, getaroom.com, Priceline, Olotels and Tingo so you can book your Cavalier Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.