“Never Disappointed” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #74 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Jamestown, North Carolina
“Never Disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Just had our 2nd stay at the Avalon Hotel ,I Love this place .The history of the hotel the kind staff ,I could not have been more pleased The location is awesome ,Right across from the beach !!!! The neon lights of Ocean Drive make for some great pics .Well done folks

Room Tip: Don't expect a 5 star resort ,It's a older Deco hotel but very well taken care of and very p...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

477 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Clean and friendly. Rooms are a little small but very comfortable. Only down side was the noisy air con. Great location on the beach front and beside an endless choice of restaurants. The hotel restaurant looked nice but seemed a little pricey. However, most eateries on the beach front were quite expensive. If back in Miami would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was very skeptical about my stay here due to some reviews, but I must say I appreciated the hospitality that was given. The rooms are kind of old , but it was very clean. The staff was a very friendly and helpful, Ana was the best at making sure our stay was comfortable and giving us VIP passes to local clubs.I will definitely stay at the avalon again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Cullman, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I very much enjoyed staying at the Avalon. The staff was friendly and helpful and the view from the hotel is marvelous!

The only bad thing that I can say was that the room was a bit small, but that's nothing really that bad considering the age of the hotel.

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great service and a pretty good room. The beds are comfortable and the weeknight rates are pretty good. They are very accommodating and helped me find great attractions and tours. The concierg. Was vvery friendly and signed me up for a tour that leaves Avalon as well as suggested I try Groupon for deals.

• Stayed June 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Immediately upon walking in the door of the hotel, we were greeted by warm, friendly staff. The check-in was fast, and the room was clean and ready. There was complimentary coffee and water in our room and a free breakfast each morning of our stay. On our last day in Miami we informed them that we had a tour scheduled for that morning and that i flight didn't leave until 5:30 pm. They stored our bags for us at no additional charge until we were ready to go to the airport. Also, the staff helped us with making arrangements with transportation from the hotel to the airport. A special thanks to everyone @ Avalon, and a big THANK YOU especially to Ana and Jorge for making our stay enjoyable and stress free :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Gaithersburg, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The Avalon hotel was my choice because of how much it cost and the distance from the beach. However, the Hotel was old and when I got there the carpet smelled of mold. The rooms were not properly cleaned and the coffee creams and sugars were not replenished during maid services. One morning, there was a huge thrash bin in front of my room, which I moved to the stairway and advised the front desk to remove it. The front desk attended, politely said that it was going to be moved, but when I looked later, it was still there. The most aggravating part of my trip is that I heard people having sex next to my room. This is an indication that the clientele and management have no concern for their patrons. Employees did not smile and gave me the impression that they did not want to work there. On my last day at this motel, they slipped under my door a note that my departure day was one day earlier, which i ignored on the account of my documented reservation. Further, the coffee maker stopped working on my last day as well. Also, the air conditioner was very noisy. Next time, I will pay more, but stay in a more descent hotel. So, do yourself a favor, find a place on Collins Avenue, that might cost more, but will have employees that care for their patrons.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor a pay more to stay in a descent hotel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Avalon Hotel? Share your experiences!