“Clean, friendly hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #110 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Perth
“Clean, friendly hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Clean and friendly. Rooms are a little small but very comfortable. Only down side was the noisy air con. Great location on the beach front and beside an endless choice of restaurants. The hotel restaurant looked nice but seemed a little pricey. However, most eateries on the beach front were quite expensive. If back in Miami would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HAZE45

Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was very skeptical about my stay here due to some reviews, but I must say I appreciated the hospitality that was given. The rooms are kind of old , but it was very clean. The staff was a very friendly and helpful, Ana was the best at making sure our stay was comfortable and giving us VIP passes to local clubs.I will definitely stay at the avalon again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Worthing, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I very much enjoyed staying at the Avalon. The staff was friendly and helpful and the view from the hotel is marvelous!

The only bad thing that I can say was that the room was a bit small, but that's nothing really that bad considering the age of the hotel.

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great service and a pretty good room. The beds are comfortable and the weeknight rates are pretty good. They are very accommodating and helped me find great attractions and tours. The concierg. Was vvery friendly and signed me up for a tour that leaves Avalon as well as suggested I try Groupon for deals.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Turbohyde
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Immediately upon walking in the door of the hotel, we were greeted by warm, friendly staff. The check-in was fast, and the room was clean and ready. There was complimentary coffee and water in our room and a free breakfast each morning of our stay. On our last day in Miami we informed them that we had a tour scheduled for that morning and that i flight didn't leave until 5:30 pm. They stored our bags for us at no additional charge until we were ready to go to the airport. Also, the staff helped us with making arrangements with transportation from the hotel to the airport. A special thanks to everyone @ Avalon, and a big THANK YOU especially to Ana and Jorge for making our stay enjoyable and stress free :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Gaithersburg, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The Avalon hotel was my choice because of how much it cost and the distance from the beach. However, the Hotel was old and when I got there the carpet smelled of mold. The rooms were not properly cleaned and the coffee creams and sugars were not replenished during maid services. One morning, there was a huge thrash bin in front of my room, which I moved to the stairway and advised the front desk to remove it. The front desk attended, politely said that it was going to be moved, but when I looked later, it was still there. The most aggravating part of my trip is that I heard people having sex next to my room. This is an indication that the clientele and management have no concern for their patrons. Employees did not smile and gave me the impression that they did not want to work there. On my last day at this motel, they slipped under my door a note that my departure day was one day earlier, which i ignored on the account of my documented reservation. Further, the coffee maker stopped working on my last day as well. Also, the air conditioner was very noisy. Next time, I will pay more, but stay in a more descent hotel. So, do yourself a favor, find a place on Collins Avenue, that might cost more, but will have employees that care for their patrons.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor a pay more to stay in a descent hotel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank jdionisio

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The staff at this hotel are the most friendly and helpful I have EVER come across on all my travels. I arrived in Miami to unwind at the end of a business trip but unfortunately my luggage did not make it with me, courtesy of a mix-up with AA. This was obviously a real inconvenience but the guy at reception (Jorge) and his colleague (Ana) were really sympathetic and did everything they could to help me out including contacting the airline regularly on my behalf to find out where my luggage was. They also advised on where to go to get some appropriate clothing and made me aware of the typical compensation I would receive (based on their experience of this happening with other guests). All this really helped to make my short stop in Miami a pleasurable one bearing in mind the circumstances. So I just want to say to Jorge and Ana... thanks for making the difference!! Also thanks to Reuben (the concierge) for being such a friendly and helpful guy too. And finally a big thanks to the very honest member of your restaurant staff who returned my camera (with house keys in the case inside) to the front desk after I Ieft it in the reception bathroom. That was really appreciated. I will be staying at the Avalon for sure on my next visit to Miami!

Room Tip: The quieter rooms are at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business