“Great staff, beautiful hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #80 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Cullman, AL
“Great staff, beautiful hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I very much enjoyed staying at the Avalon. The staff was friendly and helpful and the view from the hotel is marvelous!

The only bad thing that I can say was that the room was a bit small, but that's nothing really that bad considering the age of the hotel.

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great service and a pretty good room. The beds are comfortable and the weeknight rates are pretty good. They are very accommodating and helped me find great attractions and tours. The concierg. Was vvery friendly and signed me up for a tour that leaves Avalon as well as suggested I try Groupon for deals.

• Stayed June 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Immediately upon walking in the door of the hotel, we were greeted by warm, friendly staff. The check-in was fast, and the room was clean and ready. There was complimentary coffee and water in our room and a free breakfast each morning of our stay. On our last day in Miami we informed them that we had a tour scheduled for that morning and that i flight didn't leave until 5:30 pm. They stored our bags for us at no additional charge until we were ready to go to the airport. Also, the staff helped us with making arrangements with transportation from the hotel to the airport. A special thanks to everyone @ Avalon, and a big THANK YOU especially to Ana and Jorge for making our stay enjoyable and stress free :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Gaithersburg, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The Avalon hotel was my choice because of how much it cost and the distance from the beach. However, the Hotel was old and when I got there the carpet smelled of mold. The rooms were not properly cleaned and the coffee creams and sugars were not replenished during maid services. One morning, there was a huge thrash bin in front of my room, which I moved to the stairway and advised the front desk to remove it. The front desk attended, politely said that it was going to be moved, but when I looked later, it was still there. The most aggravating part of my trip is that I heard people having sex next to my room. This is an indication that the clientele and management have no concern for their patrons. Employees did not smile and gave me the impression that they did not want to work there. On my last day at this motel, they slipped under my door a note that my departure day was one day earlier, which i ignored on the account of my documented reservation. Further, the coffee maker stopped working on my last day as well. Also, the air conditioner was very noisy. Next time, I will pay more, but stay in a more descent hotel. So, do yourself a favor, find a place on Collins Avenue, that might cost more, but will have employees that care for their patrons.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor a pay more to stay in a descent hotel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The staff at this hotel are the most friendly and helpful I have EVER come across on all my travels. I arrived in Miami to unwind at the end of a business trip but unfortunately my luggage did not make it with me, courtesy of a mix-up with AA. This was obviously a real inconvenience but the guy at reception (Jorge) and his colleague (Ana) were really sympathetic and did everything they could to help me out including contacting the airline regularly on my behalf to find out where my luggage was. They also advised on where to go to get some appropriate clothing and made me aware of the typical compensation I would receive (based on their experience of this happening with other guests). All this really helped to make my short stop in Miami a pleasurable one bearing in mind the circumstances. So I just want to say to Jorge and Ana... thanks for making the difference!! Also thanks to Reuben (the concierge) for being such a friendly and helpful guy too. And finally a big thanks to the very honest member of your restaurant staff who returned my camera (with house keys in the case inside) to the front desk after I Ieft it in the reception bathroom. That was really appreciated. I will be staying at the Avalon for sure on my next visit to Miami!

Room Tip: The quieter rooms are at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Oxnard, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I spent two days at the Avalon in May 2013. Although our room was somewhat small, it was clean and comfortable. The biggest advantage of staying there was the location. Walk along the sidewalk in front of the Avalon at night, and you see a flurry of activity and a wide variety of nice restaurants with both outdoor and indoor seating. Cross the street from the Avalon during the day, and you are at a nice park behind which is beautiful South Beach. The sand there is white, and the water is turquoise, beautiful and warm. One very positive aspect of the Avalon is the people who work at the front desk. Jorge and Ana were extremely friendly and accomodating. There was one time during the day when a group of teenage girls from the beach came into the hotel, trying to find a bathroom that they could use. They started to exit when they didn't see one, and in a very friendly way, Jorge stopped them, invited them in, and told them where the restroom was. I would normally have expected employees to discourage non-patrons of the hotel, but this was typical of Jorge's and Ana's desire to be of service to people. If staying at the Avalon, I would recommend leaving your car with valet parking when arriving, then forgetting about it until you leave. There is a lot of traffic and very little parking on the street, and there is plenty to do within a short walk of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My note to The Avalon:

Thanks so much for being part of our fantastic South Beach experience! We were guests at The Avalon last Tuesday through Friday and we enjoyed every minute of our vacation.

What we loved about your hotel: Rooms were clean, staff was GREAT, enjoyed the fact we weren’t “hassled” for food like other hotels on Ocean Drive. We didn’t have to pay for things like beach towels and storage of our luggage before check in and after we checked out. We enjoyed the breakfast, things are not cheap at South Beach, this was a big help.

All in all, a 10 out of 10 from the Avalon, we will be back to South Beach and we will definitely be staying with you again, we will also spread the word via Trip Advisor, AAA and others.

Thanks again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Avalon Hotel? Share your experiences!