We traveled with our 10 month old son and were overall quite pleased with this hotel.
- Spacious suites, mostly updated
- Friendly staff
- Big, clean pool
- Clean property
- The suites are all accessible from outside only, and give onto a nice courtyard and each have a small balcony
- Great location, less than a 5 minute walk to the beach, but in a quieter part of SB, which was nice since we traveled with a baby
- Bathrooms could use an update; it would be nice to have floating floors in the bedroom and hallway instead of carpet
- The sink in the kitchen is ridiculously small (dinner plate wouldn't fit), it was very difficult to do dishes without creating a gigantic mess
But there was one MAJOR negative...
On our 3rd day, a group of about 25 people arrived (aged 25-45). They were very nice and friendly when we saw them at the pool and crossed them around the property. However, when night fell, they partied, LOUD. I realize we were in Miami, but this was on hotel grounds and well into the night (past midnight, and even until 3 or 4 am). We did not say anything on the 1st night, since we figured it was a one time thing and that the hotel would say something to them. Unfortunately, on the second night, same story. My husband politely asked them around midnight to keep it down, which they did for maybe 30 mins, but the the noise started again. We barely got any sleep, and they ended up waking the baby (and I have a very heavy sleeper, who never wakes at night). They were so loud, I could clearly hear the dialogue on their TV through the bedroom walls (at 3 am)! In the morning, I went to complain at reception. The staff were very nice, apologized and told me that if it happened again, to call them from our room. 3rd night - SAME story. My husband called around 10:30 and was told security would go speak to them. By 11, no change, so I called and was told the same. At 11:20, still no change. By this point, we had really had enough of all of this, so my husband went to reception in person and created a bit of a scene. Unfortunate that it had to get to this point, but we finally got some peace and quiet! The manager came to apologize in person and so did one of the party-ers. However, we were quite disappointment that it took that long for something to happen. I don't understand why the hotel didn't say anything to them by the 2nd night, and certainly why it took 3 calls and getting angry for them to actually do anything at all. We were honestly more upset at the hotel's handling of the situation, than the situation itself. We were expecting something more than just an apology, maybe a waiving of the resort fees or something similar, but nada. It didn't ruin our trip, but certainly put a bit of a dent in it.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hotels.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Suites of Dorchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suites Of Dorchester Hotel Miami Beach
- Hotel Of Dorchester