My girl friends and I were in South Beach for my bachlorette party on Halloween weekend! We were refereed to WeOwnSouthbeach.com while we were looking for condos in South Beach. Ryan Atkin who is one of the owners was incredible to work with and he went above and beyond to make sure that we had the BEST experience in South Beach. He will provide you with everything you need from groceries, club hosting, parties, and tours to just name a few. Oh, and I almost forgot- he set us up in the most amazing PENTHOUSE we have ever been in. We stayed on the top floor corner penthouse in the south tower of the Flamingo! The south tower is the best tower because it is only for owners and it therefore has the best condos and amenities. The security in this resort (yes resort, you feel like you are at an all-inclusive vacation) is top notch. You need pass cards to swipe in at the hotel entrance, you then have to swipe into every tower and you also have to swipe in to even get on the elevator. We felt very safe during our stay.
OUR CONDO - THE CORNER PENTHOUSE
The condo was absolutley incredible. Over 1,500 sqft with two very large bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen with bar, a very modern living room and family room including an amazing walk out balcony with the best views of Miami! Make sure you check out our pictures. The penthouse actually sleeps 12 people, it was amazing very large and very clean. Every room has huge flat screen plasma TV's and the bar is fully stocked (and no, not a mini bar. An actual full size wine bar! Amazing!!). There is also a full service kitchen complete with granite counter tops, bar, fridge, stove, sink and microwave. The windows in this place are huge and are in every room. The view from your bed when you wake up is absolutley incredible! This penthouse also has great views of the pool and skyline. Gorgeous to take pictures at night!!
The resort is very large and very safe. Everyone is super friendly and is willing to help you out. Everyone also has a dog, it is basically a must if you live in any of these residences lol. The pools are huge and absolutley amazing! We actually only went to the beach once and opted to hang out by the pool instead. The views at the pool are incredible with a full view of the bay. There are also lounge chairs looking out at the bay and after 4pm people normally switch from sitting by the pool to lounging on the chairs looking out at the bay until sunset. The resort also has a full outdoor patio, sports bar, grocery store, liquor store, full gym, a spa, tanning salon, valet parking (for only $12). You actually do not need to EVER leave the resort. As the staff would say "It's the Flamingoooo of course we have it!" lol I would honestly consider living here full time!!! PS there are palm trees EVERYWHERE!!!
LOCATION: We actually preferred the location of this hotel over Collins Avenue. You have the best views of Miami and are right on the bay and port of Miami. The views are absolutley spectacular and you see the cruise ship departing and arriving every day. It is a few minute walk to Lincoln Road mall which is a huge outdoor mall and dining area. Counterpart to Fifth Avenue in New York, or Rodeo Drive in Los Angeles. Lincoln Road is a pedestrian mall between Alton Road and Washington Avenue. It has unique stores offer items not typically found in malls, and restaurants and cafés are common. Most restaurants offer either indoor or outdoor seating, including in the middle of the pedestrian mall area. And without question, the people watching on Lincoln Road can match any place in the world. Halloween on Lincoln Road was unreal! All of the streets were blocked off and thousands of people simply partied in the streets! We walked down Lincoln Rd. everyday and always saw something new or "interesting".
The walk to the main beach and ocean drive from the Flamingo is just over 15 minutes. Its a fun walk as you get to see different parts of south beach. We were however NOT impressed by beach at all. Does not compare to any of the beaches that any of us have been to, it simply looked like a beach called "Grand Bend" in Ontario Canada. Hence why we opted to hang out at the pool at the resort over this beach.
The girls and I went out every night. Ryan set us up with only the best and hottest clubs in Miami. We never had to wait in line, pay cover, or buy drinks. We were treated with the best VIP service. We went to the following:
1. MYNT: An amazing higher end club with the best DJ's in South Beach. We are from Toronto and this is by far the best music we have ever heard. We actually could not leave the club because the music was sooo good! Drinks are very expensive but that is a given in south beach. It has a reputation for the tightest door policy and most fabulous crowd. As the locals say "Mynt is for the famous and fabulous." It has a reputation as the
ultimate high-end, luxury-service nightspot. We hung out with Anderson Silva who is currently the UFC Middleweight Champion!! We also hung out with Actor Tom Sword and his friends from England. You may know Tom from the music video for "Love Drunk". He is also an actor for Disney and is the next big "thing" coming out of Hollywood with a few big movies coming out next year. I actually did not believe that he was an actor and we hung out with him simply because they were sooo nice. We googled him afterward and were shocked! Hope we can party with them again one day when we are in L.A.!!
2. LIV: We went to Liv on the Saturday night and they had an incredible Halloween Party. Everyone was dressed up sooo well and the best costumes were the Avatar costumes where people were completely naked and only wore the blue body paint! Liv is located at the Fontainebleau Hotel and it caters to a lot of celeberties. It is the "IT" place in Miami with over 18,000 sqft and it is DJ Tiesto's favorite place to party!! ;) Ryan got us into a private pre-party in the hotel's penthouse and we were later escorted to bypass a 3 hour line up and got into the club no line and no cover AGAIN of course! It was amazing! I would highly recommend this place. It also had very good music, however this would be the ultimate club if the DJ's from MYNT played here!
3. SET: This is a smaller high end club that mostly caters to people with booths. Again we got in no line and no cover on Halloween night (Oct 31) and it is right on Lincoln Rd. Mall. The club had a cool lounge vibe to it and we stayed there for part of the night. However, by the end of the night we made it back to MYNT as we were craving the best music in south beach. Got in no line and no cover again and had an amazing night!!!!!
All in all- this was by far the BEST 4 days we have ever spent on any vacation and it would have not been the same if we did not book with our hosts "We Own South Beach.com" !!!! They are absolutley incredible to work with and will completely take care of you and all of your hearts desires!! I would recommend them to all of my family and friends and we will definitely be REPEAT customers and hope to come back soon!!
Thanks again Ryan for hosting the BEST bachlorette weekend EVER!!!
Kinga & the girls from Toronto!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Flamingo South Beach Resort is a luxury apartment complex that is illuminated at night, providing a captivating outline of what is Miami Beach's premiere urban residential address. Located on Biscayne Bay in the fashionable South Beach district of Miami Beach, on the intersection of 15th Street and Bay Road, this premium location offers residents commanding Atlantic Ocean and Bay waterfront views, and an exceptional view of the downtown Miami skyline. The Flamingo has two brand new infinity pools, one with waterfalls, two hot tubs, private sandy beach and BBQ areas. Both pool decks with food and beverage services and a tiki bar. 2 blocks from Lincoln Road Mall, grocery shopping, gourmet dinning and stunning nightlife. 3 blocks from Miami Beach Convention Center and the Jackie Gleason Center. Guests enjoy 24-hour valet service (just $18/day! most hotels charge $35 and up) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Flamingo South Beach / Calico Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo South Beach Hotel Miami Beach