“FeelMiami.com is up to something fishy!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Flamingo South Beach / Calico Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Miami Beach
Flamingo South Beach / Calico Apartments
You added Flamingo South Beach / Calico Apartments to your Saves list
1500 Bay Road, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (West Avenue)   |
Inglewood
“FeelMiami.com is up to something fishy!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I rented an apt from FeelMIami.com that was at the FLamingo Apartments, 1500 Bay st
South Beach, Fl.
It was close to shopping, food and activites. The view was great from the balcony and the
pool was great.
But, there are several problems with this situation. 1. There is tight security in all the buildings
and it is near to impossible to get up to your room without a security card unless you slip in
with another occupant or ask the security guard (which is what was needed most of the time).
2. You do not get a security card that is required for entry into everything. 3. You have to get the security guard to let you in the front door at the lobby and also get you on the elevator.
4.If you are walking, you have to get the security guard to let you in the walkthru gate. 5.The parking Valet and it was a hassle. You had to say your were 'Visting' to be able to get past the
security gate to Valet park. 6. Parking was expensive, 2 hrs was $6.00 plus tip. 7. I parked on the meters which are 2-3 blocks down the road and risked getting a ticket. Which I did get 1 ticket. 8. The washers and dryers used a security card, which I didn't have. 9. I only had a key to the door of the apartment. 10. The apartment itself was nicely furnished but I didn't feel safe. I put a chair up against the door everynight to be sure that someone could not get into the apt.

I think they are renting out these apartments and not supposed to. I would not experience this
again since I was afraid each time I left that I would not be able to get back in.
I would recommend that you get all of these issues I had resolved and then you might wish to stay here. Otherwise I would not recommend it. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I would highly recommend planning your trip with WeOwnSouthBeach!!!! The services that Ryan Atkin provided were AMAZING. I would never think to use in house services to help organize our trip, but his planning and attention to detail made our trip EXTRA special! He went out of his way to plan a surprise for our bachelorette at a great late night spot in south beach. I could have never done it on my own and I can assure you that no one would have put as much time into taking care of us as he did. He assured us that "it would be our best night in Miami" and I would say it was not only that, but it the best night I have had in YEARS!!!
By the time our trip was over, we were talking about when we could return! Ryan is extremely easy to reach and the whole rental process went incredibly smooth. Definitely a rare find!

Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I had a great time with a girlfriend's bachelorette party! The Flamingo properties are fantastic with great balcony views, fun pool scene (music, waiting service, hot bodies left and right), and close proximity to shops, restaurants, nightlife, and the beach. Taxis were readily available at any given time outside the property. Thanks to Ryan Atkin with WeOwnSouthBeach for going above and beyond with recommendations and a hookup at Mynt. We got quite the treatment and lucked out with a close table to Havana Brown! He hosted us and kept the drinks pouring all night long. He's so much fun and really made sure we had a great time and a great stay. Thanks so much!

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We came down to South Beach for my sister's bachelorette party and stayed here in the Penthouse Suite under Ryan Atkin at We Own South Beach. The place was gorgeous and nicely decorated and very spacious for us eight girls. The balcony view was amazing!! You can see the beautiful crystal clear blue/turquoise water and Miami Beach's downtown--breathtaking!! The pool was big and it was a lot of fun. They served drinks and food and we layed out on the canopy beds. I did not want to leave this place!!! Ryan also hooked us up with a decked out table (balloons, snazzy sunglasses and flashing pin for the bachelorette, and glow sticks) and drinks at Mynt Lounge. It was a blast!!! Ryan was really fun, energetic, kept our stuff safe, and did not let anyone without a full cup all night!! He has the customer first attitude and he's the best!!! He made the night truly memorable for all of us. It was an amazing weekend and I'm going to use Ryan's conceriage services again for another bachelorette party!!!

LUANDA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Our stay at the Flamingo was very nice. We were very well received by Ryan Atkin.
We were staying in the apartment for 5 weeks, and it went very well. The resort has an excellent gym, a large swimming pool ...
The condominium is well located near the Lincoln Road. Not exactly in front of the beaches, but it's very close.
Recommended!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We had a tough time with our apartment in the South Tower at the Flamingo. We are a pretty tolerant bunch but the apartment we were in was filthy. The smell of the old cigarette smoke was "covered" up by air fresheners that were non effective, and equally foul. Some of the appliances did not work, toaster and washing machine, the beds did not have mattress covers and the carpets were stained with questionable substances. We would recommend that you really take care when you sublet in this building. As others have said, the websites are not truthful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My family and I had a wonderful and restful stay at the Flamingo for four days. We are very grateful to WOSB (We Own South Beach) and Ryan Atkin for providing us with a very luxurious, comfortable and spacious unit located on the top floor of the south tower. The views of the Miami Bay and the city's skyline from the balcony are amazing during the day and (specially) at night.

Although we didn't venture into the complex's pools and other amenities, we did try out the fitness club located above the parking garage on one occasion, and found it to be well-serviced with newer equipment, many different types of fitness classes and a 180 degree view of the Bay.

The building is located two blocks from Alton Road and four blocks from Lincoln Road, both main commercial strips with many types of restaurants, bars and other stores. Although the beach is approximately a 15-20 walk, we enjoyed the privacy and quietness of the building as opposed to the hustling and bustling of Ocean Drive. There is a recently-installed bicycle rental spot right in front of the building, a service which allows for pick-up/drop-off at various locations throughout Miami Beach. Extremely convenient for those that enjoy venturing and mobilizing in bikes.

We highly recommend staying at the Flamingo unit operated by WOSB and Ryan Atkin, specially for families or individuals looking for privacy, adequate space, kitchen facilities and the home-away-from-home feeling.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Flamingo South Beach / Calico Apartments? Share your experiences!