I rented an apt from FeelMIami.com that was at the FLamingo Apartments, 1500 Bay st
South Beach, Fl.
It was close to shopping, food and activites. The view was great from the balcony and the
pool was great.
But, there are several problems with this situation. 1. There is tight security in all the buildings
and it is near to impossible to get up to your room without a security card unless you slip in
with another occupant or ask the security guard (which is what was needed most of the time).
2. You do not get a security card that is required for entry into everything. 3. You have to get the security guard to let you in the front door at the lobby and also get you on the elevator.
4.If you are walking, you have to get the security guard to let you in the walkthru gate. 5.The parking Valet and it was a hassle. You had to say your were 'Visting' to be able to get past the
security gate to Valet park. 6. Parking was expensive, 2 hrs was $6.00 plus tip. 7. I parked on the meters which are 2-3 blocks down the road and risked getting a ticket. Which I did get 1 ticket. 8. The washers and dryers used a security card, which I didn't have. 9. I only had a key to the door of the apartment. 10. The apartment itself was nicely furnished but I didn't feel safe. I put a chair up against the door everynight to be sure that someone could not get into the apt.
I think they are renting out these apartments and not supposed to. I would not experience this
again since I was afraid each time I left that I would not be able to get back in.
I would recommend that you get all of these issues I had resolved and then you might wish to stay here. Otherwise I would not recommend it. I will not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Flamingo South Beach Resort is a luxury apartment complex that is illuminated at night, providing a captivating outline of what is Miami Beach's premiere urban residential address. Located on Biscayne Bay in the fashionable South Beach district of Miami Beach, on the intersection of 15th Street and Bay Road, this premium location offers residents commanding Atlantic Ocean and Bay waterfront views, and an exceptional view of the downtown Miami skyline. The Flamingo has two brand new infinity pools, one with waterfalls, two hot tubs, private sandy beach and BBQ areas. Both pool decks with food and beverage services and a tiki bar. 2 blocks from Lincoln Road Mall, grocery shopping, gourmet dinning and stunning nightlife. 3 blocks from Miami Beach Convention Center and the Jackie Gleason Center. Guests enjoy 24-hour valet service (just $18/day! most hotels charge $35 and up) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo and Booking.com so you can book your Flamingo South Beach / Calico Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo South Beach Hotel Miami Beach