“Feel Miami Rental- Calico Penthouse 3” 4 of 5 stars

You added Flamingo South Beach / Calico Apartments to your Saves list
Flamingo South Beach / Calico Apartments
1500 Bay Road, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (West Avenue)   |
London
“Feel Miami Rental- Calico Penthouse 3”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Hi

Just wonfering if anyone has anyone rented an appartment through Feel Miami- Calico Penthouse 3? If so please get in touch!

Many thanks

Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank ej321

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

This place does a great job of marketing itself as the ideal place to live in south beach. Great looking amenities, friendly sales staff, amazing views. Do not be fooled. The place is filthy. There is dog feces everywhere and the place is plagued with fleas. If you have a dog they will be infected within a few days and you'll find yourself stressing over the well-being of your pets and spending 100s of dollars on medication that barely works since there are so many of them. Save the trouble, save your money for a better place. You do not want to live here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Rooms
9 Thank Pete Q

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

First, the whole time there, they never fixed the washer/dryer! It never worked not even one day. All appliances were so old and even had rust on them, they never changed them out. Black mold came in from the vent. After living there three years they charged me 128.00 to repaint the walls, IT WAS WHITE like when I moved in. I live there three years. I had old carpet and they charged for use 258.00 for use. Four people cleaned the place to a perfection, we cleaned the base board washed mirrors absolutely...everything cleaned.... They never do anything you call about. I have always got my deposit back and Flamingo kept most of it for things that is NORMAL wear and tear. All I can say is.... DO NOT PLAN ON GETTING YOUR DEPOSIT BACK! Shame on them!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
      Rooms
5 Thank Dawn M
Key Largo, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

If you stayed at Flamingo for less than a month, what you did is illegal.. Both City of Miami Beach and Flamingo Condo Association prohibit less than a month's leases on this property. I'm an owner there (can't afford to live in my home any more..) and also had a case where my "one year tenant" turned out to sublease my unit on a daily basis.. Had to do some major repairs after the few months the scam had been going on.. So yes, thank you for all the previous reviewers pointing out the issue and please do not rent from anyone, not an scummy internet agent OR the owner who agrees to rent for less than a month, if you want to be safe and respect the owner's problems and responsibilities regarding the property.

Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Raiki
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed in the south tower of this hotel/condo complex which is privately owned and I get the feeling the owners shouldn't really be renting their apartments out. We booked through a company called Feel Miami who asked for a deposit but this turned out to be their introduction fee to the owner. They also referred to the apartments as Calico apartments which meant I couldn’t find them on Tripadviser. Our owner was prompt in replying but informed us that there was a 50 dollar resort fee and a 150 dollar fee for checking our character references. Neither of which were mentioned by Feel Miami. It took 10 days for him to get our resort passes and in the meantime we had to tell security we were friends of his and were just visiting (whilst showing our I.D) every time we wanted to get in which soon got a bit old. The complex itself is OK - there are 2 pools and a gym but the gym wasn’t part of our rental agreement. Suggest you are a dog lover as there are dogs everywhere and the grass in the middle of the 2 towers is used as their recreation area. The apartment was a studio which was big enough but the furniture was dated and tired and not all the electrical appliances were in working order. One good thing though was the high speed internet in the apartment which was both reliable and fast. Location is good - not far from Lincoln Road and Washington Avenue where all the shops and restaurants are.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank holidaychick003
barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My family (6 adults and a baby) and I have just returned from a week at this apartment complex and have to say it was ideal. Even though there were 6 adults,our apartment was spacious, the two bathrooms make things easier and having spent previous vacations staying at hotels at South Beach, with their tiny bedrooms - this apartment was so much nicer than a hotel. It is just a 10 minute stroll to Lincoln Road, a 20 min easy walk to Ocean Drive. the pool was super - hardly anyone there. We didn't use the onsite bar but did use the well stocked shop. Security always checked people coming in and out. The apartment was lovely and clean, there were plenty of towels, sheets, blankets for the extra beds & travel cot and the kitchen had everything we needed. We booked through Home and Away .com and the owner, Flavio was nice and easy to deal with and was very patient with our late arrival due to traffic. The valet parking which is the only option if you have a car was $18 per night so must be budgeted for - but it was very convenient. I would recommend this apartment to anyone and will book it again myself when returning to South Beach

Room Tip: We booked through home and Away.com the owner was Flavio Landivar
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jeanjeanie
cultv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

My business partner stayed at the Flamingo a few months ago and and said that the facilities were outstanding, but the apartment he stayed in was a little basic. After consulting with TA, I noted that a traveler raved about apartment 1058S in the south tower so I googled it and found a good deal for $3,000 for 30 days ($100 a night)

When I got in I was blown away. The photos of this place do not do it justice. It is the height of luxury in every way. High end appliances, lightning fast internet, HD cable with PVR and the place is huge! Then you get to the million dollar view of the bay from the living room and bedroom. If this was a hotel it would cost you more than $3,000 a night so I couldn't believe my luck paying that for a month.

The only negative I can think of is that it is about a 7-10 mins walk to the ocean, but there is a top class pool and made made beach on the complex as well as a David Barton gym, beach volleyball court, shops, gardens, sauna, spa, valet parking... The list goes on. I think the photos I took look better than those I saw on the hotpads website. but if you are staying in South Beach, this is the place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business