“Horrible...PLEASE READ!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #195 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Horrible...PLEASE READ!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Let's just say, just sleeping outside somewhere would be a cleaner option than this. My boyfriend and I booked this online from Expedia.com after coming from a cruise. He wanted to stay in Miami for one night to catch some nightlife. When we arrived, it was before check-in time so we paid the extra $30 to check in early. When we made it to the room, we walked into something that look more like we were visiting someone's house. The bed was slanted down at the end as if someone heavy sat on it and broke the railing. It had a bedroom comforter on it, not like one from a Hotel collection. The carpet had nasty stains on it, not to mention it was shag carpet like the kind people have in their living rooms. I immediately went back to the counter to request a different room, one where the bed was not slanted/broken. She gave me another room, but this one was worst. It also had horrible carpet, only this time the room didn't even have a table or dresser to sit stuff on. There was only a bed and TV. So once again, I went down to the desk and told her about that room, she then talked to the housekeeper and showed us another room.
This one was nicer looking with newer furniture. Since we couldn't get our money back, we decided to take that room, but had to pay $30 extra dollars. The room appeared to be fine compared to the previous rooms we would have had. I still took the initiative to disinfect the bed and surfaces. I even took garbage bags and cut them open to line the mattress with it, so that our bodies wouldn't be laying directly on the mattress. The entire night, the desk was not staffed, and literally from the street anyone could walk into the building as Ocean Drive is generally over crowded. So we slept with all of our luggage in front of the door. When we woke up the next morning, I saw to black things on my boyfriend's back and it turns out they were bugs that were smashed into his shirt from rolling over in his sleep. I then looked around the bed, and there were more bugs in the bed and they were alive. I took video footage of it and showed the front desk clerk. We checked out four three hours early, because we were so disgusted we just were ready to leave. When I showed her the video of the bug crawling in our bed, she clinched her body. Also there was a semen stain on the carpet near the bed. Worst experience ever. We paid $111 for the room, $30 for early check in and $30 for a newer looking room and ended up with the same outcome.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, choose the newer rooms with the newer furniture.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Estepona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We had the misfortune to eat lunch at The Boulevard with family on our last day in the US. The service was poor, the food was barely warm, the building was shabby and the bill was astronomical - over $400. Apart from the entertaining spectacle of prostitutes and their pimps obviously organising clients at the outside tables, the interior of the hotel and toilets resembled a cliche gangster brothel. Just nasty and very disappointing.
We regretted paying enormous sums for taxis there and back to the airport hotel just to see this supposedly legendary location.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jamestown, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Definitely not the Hilton, but if you want a place to crash at night in South Beach for under $80 it's perfect. Old and needs a serious remodel, but it's clean & safe ! Absolutely perfect location just steps away from the beach, shopping, and nightlife ! We had a wonderful 5 day vacation, and never had the need for a rental car or related expenses. Just a $15 taxi fare from MIA Airport !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

This was by far the worst hotel I have ever seen. We literally checked in and checked right back out after asking for a second room. The first room had spider webs all around. It was located in the back of the hotel where you can hear the trash trucks emptying trash. There was construction going on within the hotel or should I say an attempt of construction cause the staff were just sitting in the staircase talking on the phone. The elevator was broken and we had to carry our luggage up the steps. After asking for a second room it was even worst than the first. It smelled like mildew and I was so disgusted I was afraid to sit on the bed. The carpet looked like it had recently been drenched and it was insects flying and crawling up the walls. After sitting on my luggage looking for a different hotel we checked out and was refunded. This hotel looked like something out of a horror film. Based on how the rooms looked I would never eat from the restaurant in fear that I would be poisoned. The front desk staff seemed shocked when we said we were going to a new hotel but it should have been expected considering the condition of the hotels.

Room Tip: Check in a better hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

The worst hotel I ever stayed in !!!!!!!!! We were waiting to check in for 30 minutes the rep came and just brushed it off with sorry smh Then we get to a room with no AC we are in 90 degree weather we need AC she moves us to another room with no washcloths gnats flying around dirt all over the room it was a horrible room. Great for location walk out the hotel you are on the beach but I would not recommend this hotel to anyone the furniture was old the room smelled bad it was very uncomfortable I was scared to lay on the bed. The customer service was disappointing I'm paying my money the least they could do was be considerate but the pics are deceiving false advertisement. Please don't waste ur time close to the beach but not worth the headache

• Stayed May 2014
Stevenage, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stopped in the hotel for lunch on our last day. Attracted by the extremely large goldfish bowl sized cocktail glasses and I must admit that the cocktails themselves were good but each one cost $45 so beware! There were no prices for the cocktails on the menus so we were astounded when our lunch bill was over $350 for the six of us when we only had five sandwiches and a salad plus five cocktails.
However very close to the beach and was fascinating watching the very random people who walk along Ocean Drive

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Robert C, Manager at Boulevard Hotel Ocean Drive, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
The restaurant in not part of the hotel, please do the comment directly to the restaurant Sea Café

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Yes the hotel is cheap, yes is less than ideal...BUT my room was clean and we did not spend much time in it. I read all the reviews and I was scared to say the least. We went for the WMC 1 week ago (March 28-30). I was expecting the worst when I opened my room but to my surprise, no roaches, clean bedding, clean bathroom. It's not a classy hotel, there is no lobby (I think the restaurant took that space over), but the staff was friendly. IT is right across the beach!! So if you want just a place to keep your stuff in, shower, and sleep, this place is not too bad.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Boulevard Hotel Ocean Drive? Share your experiences!