“Roaches everywhere!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #194 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Grand Cayman
“Roaches everywhere!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

All I can say: NEVER NEVER stay in this hotel (?????). I paid $220 on Hotels.com for this roach infested flea pit. Before I got to my room, I could smell the musty aroma of cockroaches and walked over a trail of dead ones getting there. Once I got to my room, I was horrified to find the vilest decorated room and surprise surprise a cockroach on the wall near the air con unit. I immediately turned around and checked out. I have now created a chargeback on my credit card. Thankfully I found a nice hotel on Collins called La Flora....so different. I write the review from there!

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This " hotel " is horrible. Very dirty. No TV. Not that anyone goes on vacation to watch TV but that should be a red flag. I turned on the light just to check and it was so dim it was like if I didnt turn on the light. PLEASE do not stay here !!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I went with my girlfriend to this hotel and honestly I regret that we chose this hotel. First the TV was not working it has about 6 channels. Its the smallest room i have been at. Everything is cheap. The carpet is disgusting. The Bathroom had pee everywhere. I think it was never cleaned. There was no ice machine. It had no curtains so we could not sleep because there was too much light. Inside was extremely disappointing. The outside of the hotel looks nice. They charged us for the early check in which is not even worth it since all the rooms had no curtain just a cheap small blind that does not cover anything. Extremely disappointing. Its worst than a motel.

Room Tip: Dont stay unless you like nasty motels.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Do not stay here!!!! Disgusting
-The toilet seat was broken off in room 112, they put the garbage cans outside underneath the air conditioner(which is attached to the window)so when we turned it on the room stunk of garbage!!!
-The towels had hair on them and red stains so did the pillows.
-there is a door at the end of the hallway which was never locked. Unsafe
- no toilet paper
- this is not a hotel but just rooms behind a restaurant
- elevator was broken

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Prior Lake, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Take my advice, and spend the extra coin and go someplace else. This hotel is probably always cheapest, but there is a reason for it. You get one key (which looks like USB JumpDrive)... Don't lose it. Your room will most likely butt up to apartments which can look right into your bathroom. Make sure your windows are closed. Booming music will play until 2am-3am, so if you have trouble sleeping, good luck!

Wont stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I hope to whatever god you have that you don't try to book last minute with Expedia and believe the pictures they have on their site because that is not what their rooms look like AT ALL!!
First off we booked a room a couple days in advance for Fort Lauderdale and the lady who made the reservation made it for the next Friday not the Friday we arrived. So having no other option we went to The Hard Rock Casino and opted to pull an all nighter because there were no more rooms available.
Secondly we tried again to book a hotel through Expedia, thinking that it could've been just a harmless mistake, since we need somewhere else to stay. We were at a better hotel, but once again they were sold out of double rooms and had no cots to sleep on, so we tried and waited. The lady eventually found a double room and said that it was really nice, recently redone and definitely good enough to sleep one night... WRONG! Is she CRAZY!?! We payed $325 for a one night stay at a roach coach, spider infested, mold covered, rusted tubs, filth covered sheets of a drug house. NEVER AGAIN in my life will I book a place in South Beach without going there first or having a person I know very well recommend it.
Lastly as we get to the hotel to check in the clerk, who I can hardly understand, is saying that he needs us to sign paper work and copies of our license and credit card. We asked of we could see the room first and he insisted that we just sign the papers and we'll just go up to the room the check in. DON'T DO IT!!!! Mind you Expedia already had me prepay for the reservation. But then after I signed the DEAL WITH THE DEVIL there was no way I getting my money back through the hotel. Or so they say.. I put up with a lot having been in customer service before. But false advertisement on a great discount room, not a presidential sweet but a good last minute room, was one of the biggest scams I've ever been fed. I had to dispute back and forth and between Expedia and the hotel clerk, which mind you when Expedia wanted to speak with him would take my phone to a back room and talk, he wouldn't even talk in front of us.. the only customers there. I HATE being scammed and come inferno or high water I will get my money back or I will go as far as I have to because it is the principal of the matter. I HATE LIARS!!!
To top it all of I hate that even have to rate this room a 1 and can't believe Expedia would even affiliate with them. I have gone through Expedia before and been satisfied. But this experience was the WORSE I HAVE EVER HAD. I'm so upsetting can't even express how mad I am. After leaving the hotel Expedia had me on hold for over 2 hours trying to reach a supervisor of o supervisor to get my money reimbursed. We literally walked in the room, laughed our butts off because we thought it was a JOKE, then right walked right back down stairs and asked for a refund. I will write a refund, post pictures, and do whatever it takes to rectify this situation and justify the injustice that had been done to me. In efforts to prevent and stop any scam that may be done to any unsuspecting people.

P.S. DON'T STAY HERE EVER!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

P.S. DON'T STAY HERE EVER!!!!

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Boulevard Hotel Ocean Drive? Share your experiences!