“The horror hotel!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #194 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
Geneva, Switzerland
“The horror hotel!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

OMG do not go there! This hotel is really the worse hotel I ever been!
Do not trust the photos on their website; they are absolutely not representative of the reality. The room was tiny, dirty, the air conditioning was very noisy and the carpet was disgusting.
The first morning we found insects in the bathroom and under our mattress. We asked to change room right away. The second room was not better but as we had to pay in advance we unfortunately did not have extra money to change hotel. The towels were disgusting; they were stained and I found hairs of a previous person in it.
Our last night was certainly the worst as we found a big cockroach in the bathroom. I was terrified to saw this insect as it means that the hotel is really dirty.
Furthermore, the parking valet service was expensive, 20 dollars per day. There are some cheaper services at the next hotel (half the price). And if you want to park your car after 12pm, you will definitely have to wait at least 40 minutes...
The only good points in this hotel? It is on Ocean drive, in front of the beach. The restaurant located at the hotel entrance is nice and staff friendly.
For sure I will never never never go back there again!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, don't choose any!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Port of Spain, Trinidad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

If u are looking for a really cheap hotel on south beach this is the place.however there is a catch.service is bad,rooms are ridiculous awful,it is not clean. It's however right on south beach strip.the only good thing

• Stayed August 2011
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

A filthy, run down sorry excuse for a hotel!!!! We paid for the room but did not stay in it....found a better one down the street and checked out asap! How disgusting.
Dirty handprints on the out-dated headboard and the wall above the bed. The room smelled like it had not been cleaned in years! I didn't even want to put my luggage on the OLD and worn down carpet. DO NOT believe the pictures on-line.......rooms are nothing like that. Old, dirty, worn out, run down, noisy and smelly. I think that says it all. There is so much more to choose from in South Beach.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Elevator smells like sewage. Hotel had severe water damage. 5th floor has no stairwell exit (except for the trap door hidden by a curtain in the room) Elevator stopped working and I had to take the "trap door" stairwell which was wet, smoggy, chunks of the ceiling was on the floor, and also smelled like sewage. The room was decent looking however the maid did not clean or remove garbage everyday. Service was horrible! Once the get your money, they can care less about your experience. If you do stay here, make sure its a big room on the 2nd or 3rd floor.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

THE WORST! We arrived at 1:00 PM, we asked if the room was ready, they replied yes but if you would like to check in now you will have to pay $30 extra, otherwise you will have to wait until 3:00 PM. We asked for some pillows, they were delivered without pillow cases, the carpets are tattered, and the bathroom was run down and unkept like the rest of the hotel. Our travel agent prepaid 4 nights for us, we immediately called her and she was told in order to receive any refund we would have to stay at least 2 nights, reluctantly we stayed and moved to another hotel the 3rd night, and of course they charged us for 4 nights. As of June 2012 we're still fighting those charges. Everyone staying at the hotel was complaining to the front desk, the
reply was: "You read the reviews"

Room Tip: The Waldorf Towers
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert C, Front Office Manager at Boulevard Hotel Ocean Drive, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Hi, could you please explain way you add this comets?
We like to help you
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Me and my friends stay here was beyond horrible. We booked this room months ahead with pictures of some good room but upon arriving the hotel tried to recharge us for an extra person. Something we had already paid for. Then once we stepped into the room it as horrific. The room looked nothing like the picture online. The floors were dirty, out blankets had hair all over them, it was hot as ever. Then we had a dead roach ont he floor and wait it gets better, there was a big cockroach crawling on our bed. We asked for bug spray and got laughed at but were eventually given some. The hotel lady said that they had just had an exterminator there. LIES!!! Then on top of that the ice machine broke and we had to pay for ice, and we had to beg for clean towels. t check out we were like a hour late leaving and they shut the air off on us. This hotel was beyond the worst ever and so was the service. I will not be returning.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Gaithersburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed at the Boulevard Hotel this past weekend due to the low cost and the PRIME location. Honestly you cant get better than 7th and Ocean. The hotels website had limited pictures which was sketchy already, but I have stayed at the Continental and the Tropics which are old and ratty. The tropics is a half hostel half hotel that looks like a pay by the hour motel. The artwork is something only people over 18 should ever see. We asked for a refund as soon as we unlocked the door, they denied us and said their policy is no refunds. Note taken- Ill never stay there again. Continental was old and made us use the service elevator because the 2 main elevators were broken, they have one dolly to get your bags, but no bellboys and you have to bring it back down to them because they only have one. Both hotels looked old, used and abused but they still have NOTHING on the boulevard. I would rather stay at those hotels on 17 and 18 to ensure I don’t have visitors. We spent 4 days at this hotel. My friend checked in or I would have never given the okay to pay them and sign off. When I got in the first day I was skeptical, the towels and facecloths were dirty, the windows didn’t open, and it smelled like mold. We also had mold on our lampshade…how is that even possible? The tub was old and stained and it was just gross all around. We rented 2 rooms for the weekend but some of the group decided to pay more and go to lowes and just lose their money. The second day, I went to take a shower and there was a roach in the tub. I told the cleaning lady she said “oh” and walked away. We killed it ourselves. The second night we came back after the club and there was a huge roach right by the door, walking through the hallway like he paid to stay there too. I screamed because I don’t do bugs and this was the second one we saw in 1 day. I flipped out and started screaming only to see something fall off the wall when I screeched…ANOTHER ROACH!!! I was running and jumping bed to bed, from the bed to the dresser, and back….in a 2hr timespan we saw 9 roaches. I called the front desk and the guy laughed. When I cussed him out and hung up he called back and apologized and said he would leave a note for the manager. The night manager (at 6 or 7 am) gave us a new room for the inconvenience. Keep in mind checkout is at 11 and they made SURE we were out of the room (no late checkout even for the inconvenience). They made like a g off our party, just to make us share our room with the local roaches. It was horrible. Noone from management has called us back yet to talk about this, they charged the full rate…and everyone we saw checking out had a complaint.

I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE unless you like to sleep with the roaches.

Room Tip: far away is better, the roaches will get you no matter what floor or what room
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Boulevard Hotel Ocean Drive? Share your experiences!