“Horrible!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #161 of 204 Hotels in Miami Beach
Washington, DC
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for the first time, October 9, 2014 to the 11th for my birthday weekend and I was totally surprised at the quality service i received. The hotel attendants were not attentive to my room service needs and did not speak ANY English which made it even more difficult. I was initially told that I could extend my stay until the 12th however the manager retracted her statement and said that the hotel was totally booked and that I had to go.

Overall, I would not recommend this place to ANYBODY. If your looking for a cheap stay maybe but then again there are far better hotels on Ocean you cant stay at besides this dump!

Room Tip: They advertise for free wifi but the connection service was so horrible I couldn't even tell. My...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Yes... That's my title. Cockroach Hotel. It does not take a brain surgeon to figure out why. I had never been to a hotel before and actually saw these little creatures. However, apparently there is a first for everything.
The story is simple. As I was going to the bathroom, one of those little suckers crawled right around my feet. I was absolutely horrified. In addition, I got food poisoning from the grilled chicken and spent an entire day in the Miami hospital. Sadly enough I would rather have stayed with the cockroach than be in that hospital. The emergency service deserves a review of its own! What a nightmare!
Back to the hotel. It was dirty, our dated, and literally disgusting. Convenient... Yes. As long as your on the strip, you can't go wrong. But dear God.. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this dive. For me to sceeve a place even when I'm intoxicated, there must be something very wrong.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Matthew C, General Manager at Majestic Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Joseph L- Thank you for your review. I have to admit I was taken back by your review of your experience back in March. I must apologize for your experience with the hotel and it seems your experience in Miami as a whole was very poor. South Beach is a destination that most come and have fond memories and I am sorry you were not able to have those. The hotel tries it's best to make sure our guests are satisfied with their stay. You should be happy to know that the hotel was renovated this last year and as you can see by some of the photos posted by our guests on this page. I hope that Miami Beach has another opportunity to give you the fond memories so many have, I would suggest based on your other reviews that North Miami Beach Hilton or Marriott may be more to your expectations.
Kissimmee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

Was here over the weekend. Great location. Rooms are itsy bitsy. Only for 2 ppl max and maybe one child. Not what I am use to but I won a free stay here and I only was in the room to change clotes so for what it was worth it was ok. Very clean. Love the bathroom. Seems like this place has been here for decades, if you are looking for a some where that's centrally located this will be the perfect place. Convenient stores, tons of restuarants, shopping and banks within walking distance as well as easy access to main highway.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

You can tell this hotel is older for sure, I can tell they have kept up with it a little such as the bathrooms were nice and they repainted the walls and added some molding around the walls. The room wasn't the worst I have seen. but a couple of complains that I have: 1. The elevator was down the whole time we were there, and our room was on the 3rd floor. We had 2 huge suitcases a piece, needless to say the stair were not fun. 2. pillows were flat as hell. 3. Word out, if you are staying on Ocean Drive get ready to pay a lot of money for meters or $27.00 a day valet with the hotel. 4. last but not least we got charged for ocean view, bull crap I looked out the window and saw the building next to us and cars in the road, NOT the ocean or anything. The perks of course you can walk all around South Beach and shopping areas. They do have a restaurant at the bottom, I am cheap. To me it was expensive but it is South Beach. I know I would never stay here again and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: If you ask for Ocean view make sure it's ocean view and not the view of another building. The ro...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

Its south beach so of course parking is a mess and valet is crazy (that's the price you pay to stay on ocean); however, once you get over that.... this hotel is directly across the street from the beach located in the heart of all the action. there's a restaurant and bar in the lobby; the food was pretty good and prices not bad. if you're looking for luxurious rooms and concierge service this isn't the hotel; however, the front desk staff was very nice and accommodating. major plus for me: check out isn't until 12 and even with that they were lenient.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Let me first start off by saying this place was anything but !!! From the outside the hotel gives a motelish vibe. And although this place wasn't our first or second choice it was the ONLY place with rooms available. We started out thinking we would be rooming at the fountain bleu which seems like a million mile aways from the action. Upon arrival we were told the hotel had been over booked and we now had no place to stay thanks to room tonight we were directed to this seedy place THE MAJESTIC the rooms are small the bathroom is small and nasty had to wear flip flops in the shower the hotel smelled moldy and nasty and when we got our room someone else stuff was in there luckily for those ppl we aren't terrible ppl who would rob them. They gave us complimentary breakfast that was a scam you could only order one thing like eggs and you'd have to pay for whatever else that you wanted. They put a hold on my card just Incase of any damages and it took like two weeks for the money to be release while everything was horrible about this seedy hotel the location was perfect on ocean drive close to shopping food clubs and the beach that was the only upside to this weekend of hell. Also all the employees were rude I will never visit this place again.

Stayed May 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

So we showed up at the hotel (my four girlfriends and I) to find out we had a reservation for ONE bed instead of two AND the hotel was sold out...as we began to believe our vacation was off to a bad start, the manager came to the reception and informed us she would gladly upgrade us to a larger room at no cost. The manager (I think her name is Michelle) was also very helpful when we requested extra bath towels, (even though we were using one too many for all purposes, including the beach)ignoring the fact we had already requested towels about 3 times in one day. Yes the rooms could use a bit of remodeling and cleanliness (I'm OCD about that) but the customer service made up for it.

• Stayed August 2014

Been to Majestic Hotel South Beach? Share your experiences!